Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kumerow is getting so much hype that he's getting ESPN profiles.

I still don't know if he'll make the team, we have a lot of veterans and three draft picks. But if he can keep up this level of production then he definitely is on the inside route to the final roster.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/278880/undefined

quote:

Here's Kumerow now, with one month to go before he could not only make the Packers' roster but be part of what's expected to be one of the NFL's most potent offenses, catching balls and hearing praise from Rodgers. On the same day when Rodgers ripped the young receivers for what he called a "piss-poor" effort in practice, he once again went out of his way to praise Kumerow.

"I was telling Jake the other day, I watched a play that he was in on, he ran a certain route, he was open on the route," Rodgers said. "I wasn't the quarterback. We came back three practices later, same call, same coverage, same player -- him -- running the route, and he wasn't expecting the ball. I said, ‘Hey, I watched that rep three days ago. I saw this play and I reminded myself at the time, if we had that opportunity again, where to go with the football.' I said, ‘When you're out there, I'm coming your way.' I have confidence in him. He's in the right spot all the time, he makes contested catches, finishes the right way. He practices like a pro. It's a reminder to those other guys, this is what it looks like."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

whoa you're telling me packers fans are hyped about this guy

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
He looks scrappy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
His face is weird. Like an unfinished clone.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

R.D. Mangles posted:

No we are hyped about this guy

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/thelionswire/status/1027549741339561984?s=19

volleyball

my god

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

shades of Tight End Tom Crabtree, the TET Offensive

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Kumerow is getting so much hype that he's getting ESPN profiles.

I still don't know if he'll make the team, we have a lot of veterans and three draft picks. But if he can keep up this level of production then he definitely is on the inside route to the final roster.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/278880/undefined

packers should let him onto the 53-man roster just to keep the fans satisfied

i believe green bay fans are incapable of being happy unless there is a [s[white[/s] unheralded, scrappy receiver to cheer for

and he at least looks faster & quicker than the usual batch of white skill guys they always have in camp

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Doesn't beat the time a pizza ruined Nate Burleson's career.

Anyway bring back Fauria.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PupsOfWar posted:

packers should let him onto the 53-man roster just to keep the fans satisfied

I think what might happen is that Green Bay carries seven receivers (Tae/Cobb/Allison + the rookie three + Kumerow) and then cut one of the latter four and try to move him to the practice squad when Aaron Jones comes back from his suspension. Jones is back for I think week 3, and by that point other teams won't have (as much) room to try to claim either Kumerow or MVS off waivers as they would on a preseason cutdown.

e: this is of course pending preseason performance / injuries

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 9, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VJeff posted:

Doesn't beat the time a pizza ruined Nate Burleson's career.

Anyway bring back Fauria.

or that one Dolphins(?) RB that tore his ACL in beach flag football at the pro bowl

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

or that one Dolphins(?) RB that tore his ACL in beach flag football at the pro bowl
If only the SAS Wiki were still active (or someone had kept a backup that I could put back on the internet) so that we could point at all the stupid injuries and laugh and laugh

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
He's made it, you guys

https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/1027639590583238656?s=19

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1027661697316737024

14-2

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Final score in the loss?

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Big Beef City posted:

Final score in the loss?
How Chicago scored two rouges, we'll never know

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

incel Andey and Chad Trubisky

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
it would be soooo weird if the bears were good this season. wonder if it happens.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

It would be Galli to break this news, yes.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't decide if it's funnier if mitch turns out to be incredibly good or just astoundingly lovely.

although i'm guessing he'll be in that Bears Zone where he's mediocre but with one or two decent games that make him Young and Exciting for the next five years and then he suddenly ends up like 30 and a backup on the Carolina Panthers or something.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can't decide if it's funnier if mitch turns out to be incredibly good or just astoundingly lovely.

although i'm guessing he'll be in that Bears Zone where he's mediocre but with one or two decent games that make him Young and Exciting for the next five years and then he suddenly ends up like 30 and a backup on the Carolina Panthers starting for the Miami Dolphins or something.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Whooping Crabs posted:

No we are hyped about this guy

He’s giving me an Andrew WK vibe here which I am totally down with.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

https://twitter.com/FlurrySports/status/1028450203693731840

The pass to Diggs where Cousins hits a breadbasket is stuff I'm just used to seeing from Aaron Rodgers. It's going to be nice to have a QB who can do those kind of throws.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
the TD throw was pretty good, too.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Kirk is really good at those deep sideline throws. He knows how to get it there in a way where the receiver has a chance to make the catch but the defender is unlikely to be able to intercept. In fact it was him styling on the Vikings last year with a couple throws like that which made the Vikings want him

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Roquan Smith has signed. Contract details: https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Roquan-Smith-contract-details-120664967/

Basically, as far as the new rule is concerned, the guaranteed money is voided if the suspension is 3 or more games.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Darth Brooks posted:

https://twitter.com/FlurrySports/status/1028450203693731840

The pass to Diggs where Cousins hits a breadbasket is stuff I'm just used to seeing from Aaron Rodgers. It's going to be nice to have a QB who can do those kind of throws.

I was at this game right in the endzone where Diggs did his little dance and it psyched me up for the season!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/jackwepfer/status/1029134087641026561

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Assuming bears roster stays healthy anyone willing to bet kevin white can't crack the top 7 for season targets?

Ar15, gabriel and Miller at wr
Burton and Shaheen at te
Cohen and even Howard (dumpoffs) at rb

Then white

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

Assuming bears roster stays healthy anyone willing to bet kevin white can't crack the top 7 for season targets?

Ar15, gabriel and Miller at wr
Burton and Shaheen at te
Cohen and even Howard (dumpoffs) at rb

Then white

I'm glad you specified targets, because just lol at the idea of him catching a football.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think Jay Cutler is the greatest QB of all time. Just not at QBing.

Prove me wrong.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

tbf, lewis started his Jags tenure catching balls from the garrard/leftwich rotation and finished his Jags tenure catching balls from Bort

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

The Packers redzone package is going to be pretty wild with Graham and Lewis at TE. I have a feeling Lewis will end up with a lot of TD's due to people doubling Graham.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Malaria posted:

The Packers redzone package is going to be pretty wild with Graham and Lewis at TE. I have a feeling Lewis will end up with a lot of TD's due to people doubling Graham.

Packers have been signing big body TEs to create an unstoppable RZ attack the last three years. i’ll believe it when i see it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WHOOPS posted:

Packers have been signing big body TEs to create an unstoppable RZ attack the last three years. i’ll believe it when i see it.

Cook was injured for most of the season, Bennett turned out to be a malingerer. Lewis and Graham both have been showing great attitudes and even if one does go down to injury we still have the other.

Also the trio of receivers we picked up in this season's draft are all loving enormous.

That said it's not like the Packers' red zone offense can get much better than it already is -- I think Rodgers has something like a 90% touchdown rate inside the 10? The issue is getting to the red zone.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Lewis and Graham are also both in their 30s and if the concern is getting to the red zone, neither have looked good in that space recently.

But even before this recent run of signing TEs with established names, the Packers offense hasn’t been successful at exploiting TE mismatches in the red zone since the early days of Finley’s career. It’s not impossible, obviously, but again, i’ll believe it when i see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Graham had 10 red zone tds last year, all but 2 within 10 yards of the end zone

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 14, 2018