Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The trial’s been going on all drat day and all people are reporting on is a few weird rear end opinions by the judge? What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Like I am fairly sure the content of the witness testimony today wasn’t just a single tweet length comment about how he buys his suits

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This is also the same judge that pressed the prosecution hard on why Manafort ought to be in jail pre-trial and had everybody wondering if he was a Trump plant. Seems like he’s just trying to make sure the prosecution’s argument is iron tight.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Isn't it, uh, a little late for that now? I would have thought the time to flip would be prior to actually being on trial with charges filed and everything.

Go send him a book about it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

How do you pronounce thule anyway?

Tooly

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Thuul definitely sounds cooler

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Those poor loving kids are going to get deported back to their home country to die of AIDS holy poo poo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

I can't wait until the loving average GOP voter start defending this

Should've known the consequences of trying to enter the US

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The context since those initial tweets about it has shown that the judge was mostly just pressing the prosecution to make their point about how the transactions were made.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Apparently a big part of why we get "Florida Man" stories is they require much more detail about local crimes to be reported/released than some other states. So there's probably people doing bugfuck weird things all over, but in Florida, they publish that stuff with a quickness and in greater detail.

I don't think this is actually true and I'll back that up with having been to Florida numerous times and witnessing its denizens in the wild.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Man talk about slippery slope. They may even try to make attempted murder illegal!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mods changed my name posted:

It's weird because I thought conservatives were all about companies rights to deny people service 🤔🤔

The reddit trend right now is to lie and say you’re a concerned liberal

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I was hoping to see the end of obnoxious mesothelioma lawsuit ads in my lifetime. So much for that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is this because she got owned for being an idiot on twitter earlier today

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trump only has 88% support from Republican voters which might as well mean 100% because the remainder are definitely pulling the lever for him in 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CSPAM Trump thread doesn’t have any detailed discussion but that’s a fair sight better than the main forum thread that violently dives up its own rear end about which word of the day is banned or what pizza topping exemplifies white privilege.

Or, at least, when they do the thread moves fast enough it’s over with quickly.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

No reason at all and that’s what you’ll end up with. Specifically it’ll end up with a load of maths nerds like me flying space drones, slowly and really boringly.

“This isn’t science fiction, this is real life”

*spends six weeks planning a 0.00003 km/s maneuver*

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’ve never actually seen the numbers that show how college sports fund everything else at the school

Do schools make that public?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Props to him for doing it without passengers

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I just deleted my Twitter. I'm thinking more and more that social media is a liability, anyway.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

peasantry love their nobles

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SimonCat posted:

The "Vietnam Era Veteran" patch is one that pisses my dad off.

That's fantastic

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

At least you know for a fact they're Nazis now.

Wow, careful dude. "Modern neo-classical fascist" please.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Immanentized posted:

It's just not quite that fair you know? My parents/grandparents generations were culpable for the vast majority of this poo poo, and they're likely to expire from natural causes before things get Bad bad. I think a vast majority of conflict will be restricted to Asia/Europe for a while, but it's only a matter of time before it spreads.

Dick move, previous humans.

E: I'm not wrong though, right? SE Asia by far has the densest and more vulnerable populations. Whatever starts is gonna start there, won't it.

they get to die riddled with a thousand cancers, terrified and having lost all positive memories of their lives

we lucky ones get to die quickly after being stabbed by water pirates

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the soul food restaurants

i ate at a place that was basically just this lady's house sectioned off and it was awesome

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Did y’all hear that the California libtards want to ban plastic straws????

You mean RADICALIFORNIA?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

quote:

“I pretty much said I paid for your music, not your politics"

It's a loving PUNK BAND.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I’ve been seeing a lot of my conservative colleagues posting about this liberal couple that went biking through ‘ISIS’ territory to prove ‘evil doesn’t exist.’
I haven’t found anything to fully back up those claims but the couple seems to be pretty hippy dippy and did get murdered in Central Asia.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washington-dc-couple-american-cyclists-tajikistan-isis-lauren-geoghegan-jay-austin/

You will never "prove them wrong" because they don't care

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There was that guy in Washington who wanted to kick a soccer ball down the coast and got pasted by a bro dozer almost immediately

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If the boy don't fit you must acquit

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shut the gently caress up and get back to work; jurors don't get nooners

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The administration threatening to pull the clearances of civil servants for failing to meet loyalty requirements really is uh, something

I really doubt this is just going to stay at the level of high-profile leadership

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Reminder that while Brennan's security clearance revocation is petty poo poo, he did some hosed up poo poo, including overseeing spying on Senators, denying it, then when caught, blaming "systemic problems."

His clearance being revoked in this manner is still dumb. But he's not exactly one to be lionized.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/01/world/senate-intelligence-commitee-cia-interrogation-report.html

I don’t actually need to be reminded about what a shitbag the guy is if the actual issue is the President revoking clearances of people he doesn’t like. I haven’t seen anyone try to lionize Brennan.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I need to read more real world spy stuff because I got through the entirety of Tim Power’s Declare without realizing Kim Philby was a real person

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Yeah why would a HUMINT collector need to be able to speak anything other than English I'm just absolutely baffled

Listen, you don't want an organization like the CIA to be elite, do you!?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just confirmed that I'm all set to receive my absentee ballot in September. Really looking forward to voting this year.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Solaris 2.0 posted:

A few years later I lived in a house with a roommate who had worked at hooters. This is anecdotal, but She told many of the girls would do drugs before their shift to get them through the day. Can’t say I blame them.

Gonna need way more evidence before I'll believe that food service workers are taking drugs to tolerate existence

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

In Albuquerque we had Ojos Locos, a knockoff Hispanic hooters that had the worst Tex-Mex menu I've seen in my life. It was like something they borrowed from Trump Tower.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I've always wondered what happens if a guy applies to be a waiter at hooters, can they discriminate based on gender?

Yes, iirc it's because of some loophole where they get to claim that their waitresses are "performers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You can bring a bag of Taco Bell to the middle of your local college campus for free

• Locked thread