Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kalli posted:

On the Patriots: "It doesn't matter if the coaches and some players love each other or hate each other. This is a 12-win team, and they won't lose a division game."

That last one is a hell of a claim considering they haven't done that since '12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Mike Tanier interviews an NFL scout and has him give a take on each team:

AFC West
On the Broncos: "The quarterback situation there is a mess. None of those guys are starters."
Either this scout thinks it's 2017 or got the Broncos confused with the Bills

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

i wish i got paid to hot take

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shadow225 posted:

i wish i got paid to hot take

From a neutral perspective: Do you, right now, feel like the old Andrew Luck plays another NFL game?

I think he does, but man, after all this it's hard to bet on him coming back anything like he once was.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Kalli posted:

On the Colts: "I'm still not convinced Andrew Luck will play a game this year."

Same

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah or coming back at all I guess.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kalli posted:

On the Seahawks: "What people don't understand is despite losing a lot of veterans, that team is still incredibly talented. I know also from speaking to people there that they feel getting rid of guys like Richard Sherman is addition by subtraction."

I really don't understand how anyone can say this, with how little continuty there is between this year and last year's starters. Many of the new players will have so little experience, and many who are staying (ie the O line) were terrible last year and are banking on better coaching to improve. I suppose I should defer to a scout in terms of talent evaluation, but boy does this seem unlikely.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

quote:

On the Ravens: "I think Joe Flacco gets benched by midseason. Lamar Jackson is a future star in this league."

I wish I could bet everything I have that this won't happen barring injury. Everyone, from the media to random fans attending open practices has said Lamar has promise but has some things he very clearly needs to work on to play in the NFL.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shirts and skins posted:

I really don't understand how anyone can say this, with how little continuty there is between this year and last year's starters. Many of the new players will have so little experience, and many who are staying (ie the O line) were terrible last year and are banking on better coaching to improve. I suppose I should defer to a scout in terms of talent evaluation, but boy does this seem unlikely.
It doesnt matter how talented their OL or any of the players on the offensive side of the ball are because their OC is Schottenheimer. RWB will still be a thing but uh, yeah, there havent been many people who have gotten as far as they just because of their name.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

They are my favorite

They should use them all season, maybe some Rams fans will get confused and attend their games.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Darth Hoodie is feeling extra vengeful this year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Did they at least help him to his car

Or is he still on the ground and the sprinklers are going off all around him

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lol

https://twitter.com/957thegame/status/1024729610565500933

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

paging warcrimes

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yeah I also believe Vinny Cerrato

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Ok so when's the last time a generational player on that level was traded so early in their career? Bonus points for that player not giving the team a reason to trade him other than wanting paid. ie: not a criminal or "locker room cancer"

edit: I don't believe that report for a second, just curious

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Kalli posted:

On the Colts: "I'm still not convinced Andrew Luck will play a game this year."

Yeah. Won't quite go that far but unless he had some voodoo stem-cell poo poo in Prague, coming back from a shoulder injury is shall we say quite difficult.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

fsif posted:

So assuming the Chargers never face an opponent choosing to wear white at home, they will wear their standard home uniform precisely three times this season.

The Bucs only wear the red unis like 4 times a year. The first couple months when it's still hot in Florida they always make the opposing team wear the dark colors. This obviously has not helped them win a single game but they still do it.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I'm good with that. Send Mack somewhere else.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

Ok so when's the last time a generational player on that level was traded so early in their career? Bonus points for that player not giving the team a reason to trade him other than wanting paid. ie: not a criminal or "locker room cancer"

Oh yeah it's definitely bullshit, Vinny Cerrato is a moron

The three closest trades I can think of are all Running backs

Hershel Walker to the Vikings
Marshall Faulk to the Rams
Eric Dickerson to the Colts

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

They should use them all season, maybe some Rams fans will get confused and attend their games.

Hurrrr

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

DariusLikewise posted:

Also, Trent Richardson.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Sorry Colts bros

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1024738718798815232

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

Was Marcus Allen a trade or free agency?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah. Won't quite go that far but unless he had some voodoo stem-cell poo poo in Prague, coming back from a shoulder injury is shall we say quite difficult.

But didn't he go over to Europe for some voodoo poo poo?

Lmao bye. Dude was always hurt.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

From a neutral perspective: Do you, right now, feel like the old Andrew Luck plays another NFL game?

I think he does, but man, after all this it's hard to bet on him coming back anything like he once was.

Last year, he was shelved for the season after throwing for about a week, and looked like he was terminally ill to boot.
He has currently been throwing for months, and has completed about a week of training camp.

He may be a little rusty, but I have full confidence that he does not miss a game due to his shoulder surgery. I legitimately think that he comes back as a top 10 QB as his floor.

e:

He was flirting with the possibility either this or last offseason. We have picked up a few guards to help deal with it. We are actually thin in the tackles, not the guards.

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 1, 2018

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Black Sunshine posted:

Sam Bradford :laugh:

But seriously

Nick Foles. gently caress Chip Kelly

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Was Marcus Allen a trade or free agency?

Free agency

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

all is fair in the battle for LA

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

all is fair in the battle for LA

You have no dog in the fight!

It was also never a fight

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Seattle will trade for him no doubt give up a first

it's the seattle way

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is Nick Foles back to being good or does he still have considerable holes in his game?

Honestly I think the first QB injury or gently caress-up midseason gets a 2nd round pick. My bet is on Bucs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Is it me or do more players seem to be retiring young to protect their health this year :v:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Intruder posted:

Is it me or do more players seem to be retiring young to protect their health this year :v:

joke's on them they banned tackling

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

quote:

On the Lions: "What's holding them back is average quarterback play. Matthew Stafford needs to really up his game if they're going to win."

:thunk: hmm, yes, it's the top-ten QB that's the problem, not the dead-last run game, it's all so clear now

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Khalil Mack for LeVeon Bell

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

pubic works project posted:

But didn't he go over to Europe for some voodoo poo poo?

Well, who knows. Sounds like our Colts team is going to hell. Players hosed up. Acupuncture. An owner high as a kite. A bionic arm. New coach. New GM.

Whatever, I guess I take solace that our record will be better than the Browns at the end of the season.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Kalli posted:

Mike Tanier interviews an NFL scout and has him give a take on each team:

On the Steelers: "The only team in the conference capable of beating the Patriots in the AFC title game."

On the Jaguars: "I think the play of Blake Bortles is going to surprise people. From people I've spoken to in that organization, they genuinely believe he's drastically improved. That defense is also the best in football

Ok

Phyein fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 1, 2018

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Dang, I hope he got out in time to at least save some of his knees.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Whatever, I guess I take solace that our record will be better than the Browns at the end of the season.

I mean...maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh I'm not counting on that.

• Locked thread