Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1035932788426457089

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Another great thread title.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

WHOOPS posted:

very sad about this. hope he can catch on with another super bowl contender.

I'm guessing he will retire at this point. Was very iffy on this season, already took a pay cut to come back and play one more. Vikings D is just too stacked to spend a roster spot on BRob.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If Jon Gruden were a player he'd have the third highest guaranteed money

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

hifi posted:

I feel like anyone with the cap space to sign him can delude themselves into trading for him except maybe the bears

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
hello i'd just like to speak for all of vegas: we don't want the raiders anymore

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm the people questioning the bears or calling this trade a loss for the bears because they have to pay a dpoy instead of rookie contracts that probably wont be starter quality

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Derek Carr will absolutely be on the redskins next year, possibly mid season this year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Derek Carr will absolutely be on the redskins next year, possibly mid season this year.

Alex Smith is better than Carr

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

warcrimes you coward, post

Cavauro posted:

warcrimes is chilling, having a little brunch, taking it easy. Nice over-careing and meltdowns done by All of you, however
agreed on both counts. also lmao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just saw the Texans cut David Quessenberry :smith:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just saw the Bills kept Robert Foster :smith:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867552

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Lol, literally paying in cap space to unload a player

https://twitter.com/mikeclaynfl/status/1035898202719965184?s=21

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

SirPablo posted:

I'm guessing he will retire at this point. Was very iffy on this season, already took a pay cut to come back and play one more. Vikings D is just too stacked to spend a roster spot on BRob.

curious who they keep on the defensive line over him. Would have thought it'd be Ifeadi Odenigbo but he's apparently be released as well.

maybe it's to make room for Marcus Sherels. that man is a god drat cockroach.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

I thought it was a conditional 7th.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Ehud posted:

The thing that makes most sense to me is the cash flow theory

Has to be.

Raiders are on the hook for 350 mil in 35 mil annual installments starting in 2019 for the relocation fee. ~850 million for their end of the stadium financing on loans, ~300 million more contributed to the stadium fund by their estimated hopes for licensing, sponsorships, naming rights and PSLs sold, and another ~80-100 million for a practice facility.

Mark Davis is absolutely strapped as the Raiders, which last I saw he owns 47% of only, are his everything. One of the few remaining NFL owners who isn't a billionaire with some other lucrative business interest(s) prior to joining the club. Gruden getting that contract, regardless of any outs and language, suggests they have a very specific long term vision that might not be purely about Just Win, Baby.

Carr is legit a very good QB though so there's still hope for Raiders fans for now. Then again, division rival Philip Rivers has been almost invisible for how great he has been, has only one sub-4000 yard season this decade and has one playoff appearance to show for it back in 2013 so YMMV.

Speaking of, reviewing Rivers career makes me depressed. What a colossal loving waste of his talent. It reminds me of the theory some of my fellow Browns fans used to push that a great QB would single handedly fix everything. Like if they plopped peak Peyton or Rodgers or whomever onto the team they'd go from a 4 (this is awhile ago ok?) win team to a 12 win playoff behemoth every year instantly no matter how bad the coaching or defense or offensive talent.

Yeah, not so much.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

I absolutely believe Mayfield is going to be a great QB in the NFL, but I still can't believe the loving Browns traded #2/Wentz to the Eagles for #15 and drafted loving Corey Coleman. I know being that loving dumb and bad led to them getting Myles Garrett and then Baker but still.

Also this gives the Browns back some of those millions they spent to steal what turned out to be a hilariously and deliciously high 2nd round pick from Houston in exchange for unshackling them from Brock Osweiler's contract, the second worst disaster to hit the city of Houston in recent memory. And a 7th round pick for maybe the best P or K or long snapper in the 2020 draft, or the best ST gunner idk.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Carr is not good

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lmao. i don't even remember posting that. i think i was thinking about how the bears are still going to be rear end even with him

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Metapod posted:

Carr is not good

Carr is pretty good

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
It’s 75 degrees with clear skies and a light breeze. What a great day to be a sports fan in the Bay Area.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Well its been a few hours now and I'm still pretty unhappy mack landed in our division. Someone call someone and have them cancel this. You don't even have to make him come to green bay I'll settle for him just not being around to murder Rodgers. Thanks let me know when it's all straightened out!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Real talk who are the top 5 defenders in the NFL

It's watt, Donald and mack for sure right? And then a bunch of other guys with arguments for them like Calais Campbell or suh?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Defenders is a pretty vague term. Top 5 DEs? DTs? LBs? CBs?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

mastershakeman posted:

Real talk who are the top 5 defenders in the NFL

It's watt, Donald and mack for sure right? And then a bunch of other guys with arguments for them like Calais Campbell or suh?

landon collins and cj mosley

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Adore Jackson is the best db
Jurrel Casey is the best dl

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd take watt out. He hasn't played meaningful ball in two years. Toss in Calais Campbell and Harrison smith

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Von Miller

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Julius peppers is like 53 and he’s still clowning on fools.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kiko Alonso

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Man that Achilles really hosed him. He was looking pretty good prior

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Defenders is a pretty vague term. Top 5 DEs? DTs? LBs? CBs?

Gee he might mean people who defend aka play defense

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Jalen Ramsey is my favorite defender, I dunno if he's legit top 5 overall though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Substandard posted:

Jalen Ramsey is my favorite defender, I dunno if he's legit top 5 overall though.

He's not even top 5 CB :colbert:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

Who are the top 5

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Who are the top 5

The five best

The definition is part of the name, Ross

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
If the Kyle Boller fiasco had not happened the Ravens would be the Patriots of the NFL. If we had got Carson Palmer or something instead of Boller that is what would've happened. Billick would still be our head coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Intruder posted:

He's #1 for talking poo poo, which is why I like him.

• Locked thread