Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

The chargers are good and added to an already great defense.

Shame about the OL

Don't worry you addressed that by taking some guy out of football powerhouse Sioux Falls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It’s not that bad. Fuller, Breeland and Ward are all average to above average. We just have no clear cut very good to elite CB1 and if any of those 3 guys get injured there’s no one behind them trustworthy.

I’m enjoying looking at the new front seven. Should be a fun group.
Hot take incoming: I don't think Breeland is any better than Nelson, really. I would have saved the trade up ammo to jump ahead of the Steelers for Justin Layne.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 30, 2019

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Counterpoint: Nelson could be pretty good if he knew how to turn his head EVER and if Breeland does this just once a game we have improved the secondary in both passes defended and the reduction in penalties.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

He would turn it here and there, but yes the William Bartee head movement was really something. I really hope they can somehow trade for someone actually good.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

So what's the Tyreek stuff everyone's acting like was never leaked

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

So what's the Tyreek stuff everyone's acting like was never leaked

Did something new happen since the lawyer's very questionable letter to the NFL?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A person claiming to know an...insider made a post and then that guy who does all the movie trailers about Mahomes went and put it on Twitter like a dumbass and then pulled it down and the thread got deleted.

I'll PM you guys what it was but I won't post it. You'll see why when you get it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

A person claiming to know an...insider made a post and then that guy who does all the movie trailers about Mahomes went and put it on Twitter like a dumbass and then pulled it down and the thread got deleted.

I'll PM you guys what it was but I won't post it. You'll see why when you get it.

I want it too

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Ooh yeah lemme see

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

kiimo posted:

Yes please

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Does the post involve locker room gossip because I think I have seen the tweet but Pm me too kiimo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Does the post involve locker room gossip because I think I have seen the tweet but Pm me too kiimo

Yes and ok

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Please give me the deets

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Thanks kiimo. That seems to track with what I assumed would happen/be the narrative.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Thanks kiimo. That seems to track with what I assumed would happen/be the narrative.
Pretty sure I’ve found the same thing...along with Chief fan responses, oof.

On a lighter note, Osemele talks about last season's poo poo show:

https://www.silverandblackpride.com...e-a-dagger-more

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003

kiimo posted:

OK fine I'd also like to see this. Thanks

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Speaking of Gruden.

quote:

He used to make a game of his obsession. At 3:15 some mornings, he would call over to the offices of then (and current) Raiders coach Jon Gruden, just to see if he was in. Gruden was famous for his all-consuming work ethic. But he was never there at 3:15 a.m., and as Gruden’s office line would ring and ring, Cunningham would laugh and laugh knowing full well that nobody on earth worked longer and harder than he did.
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article230352449.html

RIP Gunther Cunningham, you crazy bastard.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It makes sense. Only at 3am can you come up with plays like "Donnell Bennet up the middle" and "Donnell Bennett up the hole close to the middle"

He was a good DC and a pretty lovely head coach

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I remember when he got the job and they would play clips of camp from Rivers Falls, WI and the whole clip was him yelling and cussing.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I wonder if he was taking into account the time zone difference :v:

(Insert joke about clock management if he ever had issues there)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I think Gunther had a pretty great spot in one of the hard knocks too

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTDNOL33yDo

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Gunther is loving great and a good part of Chiefs history

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i hope reek plays for the chiefs week 1

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Metapod posted:

i hope reek plays for the chiefs week 1

what have children done for me lately? very little. whereas football is cool and good

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Mahomes is going to ball the gently caress out doesn’t matter if he’s throwing to Tyreek or Byron Pringle, I said this a few times before but Albert Wilson had something like 10 catches 180 yards off 11 targets in Mahomes first ever NFL game

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Byron Pringle would be really cool. Go K-State. :toot:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Mahomes is going to ball the gently caress out doesn’t matter if he’s throwing to Tyreek or Byron Pringle, I said this a few times before but Albert Wilson had something like 10 catches 180 yards off 11 targets in Mahomes first ever NFL game

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1131533339087835138

This man is a moron

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

He's right

Play
Apr 25, 2006

At the end of the day Mahomes is still the best young quarterback to come into the league in forever. He is well-positioned to become THE best quarterback in the NFL. So no, I don't buy that they miss the playoffs unless they really, amazingly hosed up that defense to a degree hitherto unknown.

They might have some trouble with the top-level teams (like last year) but mediocre teams will fall like wheat before a scythe

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The chiefs arent gonna miss the playoffs but mahomes isnt gonna break his own records year after year either

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I can see why those kinda articles are being written, Chiefs jettisoned all their big name players outside of Kelce, Jones and Mahomes, and Tyreek may miss over half the season.

But I like a lot of the new players, Clark Matheiu and Thornhill especially, OL has continuity (the new center started a bunch of games last year) and most importantly Bob Sutton is gone

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

The chiefs arent gonna miss the playoffs but mahomes isnt gonna break his own records year after year either

He won't have to. The Chiefs' defense biggest weakness by far was linebackers in coverage. That has completely changed. After that it was safeties. That has completely changed. Mahomes doesn't need 50/5000 to win it all and just lol at not making the playoffs with that schedule.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The AFC is gonna be tough. Colts, Pats, Chargers, Ravens all look to be really good teams

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A lot of the toughest games work out for the Chiefs though.

Colts is the Sunday night game at Arrowhead
Pats is probably a loss
Chargers is in Mexico City, not a real away game and even travel for both teams
Ravens is at home in good weather

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I dont really believe in the Ravens. Losing Mosely and Suggs was big and I dont think much of Lamar.

Colts, Chiefs, Chargers, Pats, and Steelers will be the top AFC teams.

I think Denver will look decent as well.

AFC West should come down to week 17 again between KC and Los Diego

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

A lot of the toughest games work out for the Chiefs though.

Chargers is in Mexico City, not a real away game and even travel for both teams

There are gonna be more Chargers fans in Mexico City than L.A.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Browns are more promising than the Ravens, who really lost a ton of important players in the offseason while the Browns only added talent. Ravens were also insanely healthy last year which isn't likely to repeat. Thinking through the rest of the AFC, besides the teams that were mentioned there might be a second surprise AFC South team after the Colts (either the Titans or the Texans).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I really don't think the Browns will be that much better than they were this year. 2020 sure.