Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

apparently the dodge roll devs read my posts because in the recent huge free content patch Advanced Gungeons & Draguns they fixed nearly every problem I had with the base game

-There's an option to move a lot faster when not in combat, more teleporters
-The game is a lot more generous across the board with pick-ups, chests and money
- Rebalanced a lot of bad guns and items to make them good
- 2x SPEED MODE
-100+ crazy isaac-like synergies, like finding a royal item (crown bullets, crown of guns etc.) and the gungeon ant turns it into a super powerful queen ant rocket launcher. im having so much fun discovering these

I've been playing nearly nonstop since the update, if you got this and hated it now's a good time to maybe try it again. the turbo speed mode is so drat fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's definitely better. Also I started up a fresh save on PS4 and beat the dragun on my third run :cool: just need to buy the prime primer. It's pretty hard to NOT stumble on some kind of synergy honestly and it's nice to have ways to make lovely guns good and worth holding onto

edit: like I got bionic legs and the mermaid shotgun and I got "A Brave New World" which makes Flounder from little mermaid follow you around blocking shots and telling you what's in chests before you open them for some reason (?) -- pretty sweet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

edit: like I got bionic legs and the mermaid shotgun and I got "A Brave New World" which makes Flounder from little mermaid follow you around blocking shots and telling you what's in chests before you open them for some reason (?) -- pretty sweet

hahaha thats awesome

theres also a lot of new guns and items too, my personal fave being the Big Shotgun that eats nearby shotty enemies when you reload and it refills ammo from the kill lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
pitty bump because bob gets self conscious about this stuff

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Is the switch version still a mess?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gungeon, for lack of a better word, is good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Is the switch version still a mess?
They put out a patch that supposedly fixed the bugs but I haven't tried it yet. Mostly it's fine but the load times are laughably bad.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I always liked this game but it was never close to an Isaac substitute for me, so I'm glad to hear they're finally trying to tweak stuff. People were talking about this patch when I first bought this game like 2 years ago

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I always liked this game but it was never close to an Isaac substitute for me, so I'm glad to hear they're finally trying to tweak stuff. People were talking about this patch when I first bought this game like 2 years ago

Yeah it took them forever, it's definitely got like the content of a paid BoI expansion so it's cool it's for free

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i didn't much like it previously for the reasons they patched, so i think it's time for another try

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it was delayed an absurd amount because the switch port took way more time than they thought it would lol.

i think in a dev interview they said the xbone and ps4 ports took no effort, with the switch they had to reprogram the entire game and bring in the whole dev team working long hours to get it running

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i never played the game before this big update. i think its good. i am real bad at it however, so take my opinion with that knowledge

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i am real bad at it however, so take my opinion with that knowledge

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
@bob you seen this poo poo yet? lol

https://clips.twitch.tv/MildOpenThymeBuddhaBar

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol jesus that was already one of the best items you could find

i like that they put in some god mode combos. like in the extremely rare event you find the skelleton key (infinite keys passive) and the akey 47 (key gun that opens locks) it gets double damage and infinite ammo

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I, for one, have be on that gungeon tip as well

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This game is great and will probably keep me from ever playing Isaac again. Who knew there were so many type of guns.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I like it way more than isaac. i like it more than nuclear throne too

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I stopped playing this shortly after it came out (not before putting 60 hours into it though) because of all the things that the patch/xpac fixes. Methinks I'm going to drop a couple hours playing tonight :cheers:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I can only play for 20 min max at a time cuz I get too ‘strated when I lose

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
i be on that gungeon tip

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

I like it way more than isaac. i like it more than nuclear throne too
It's way better than Isaac but I can't imagine liking it more than Nuclear Throne

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

American McGay posted:

i be on that gungeon tip

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I can only play for 20 min max at a time cuz I get too ‘strated when I lose

it's still a really hard game even if it actually gives you money and drops now, I've killed so many amazing runs because I just screw up too much on the late floors

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I take stupid damage all the time on turbo mode and probably die at least 2-3x as much but I can't bring myself to turn it off. It's too good. If anything I play more because it's so quick and easy to get right back into if I die

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Is that an NPC rescue that unlocks Turbo mode? I have 2 new ones so far (Vampire guy who rules, and some tall blue haired lady i haven't run into yet)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah. He's on the 3rd floor I think.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

Yeah. He's on the 3rd floor I think.

Cool. I just put the bullet together on this new save file but I choked and died on the Pilot's past :ssj: i was half dead when I remembered that you could alt-fire the homing missiles. Dying on a past is so embarrassing because it's way easier than any other boss in the game lol at least I got an achievement

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

apparently the dodge roll devs read my posts because in the recent huge free content patch Advanced Gungeons & Draguns they fixed nearly every problem I had with the base game
bob is a thought influencer in the isaac-likes community

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

:worship:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

astral projecting my gun ideas to the dev

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

He made an angry post into the void about how much the Switch version sucked and apparently the devs were name searching and found the tweet and he felt bad about it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

He made an angry post into the void about how much the Switch version sucked and apparently the devs were name searching and found the tweet and he felt bad about it.

one time i made a drunkpost thread here asking where the hell majoras mask 3DS was and nintendo announced a surprise direct and revealed it like a day or two later

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Powerful Bob

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Let’s not get carried away,

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

had a sick run last night, just kept getting combos and even the lich went down immediately

of course the run where I find the autorocketlauncher and superstar on floor 1 is also the run where I couldn't get to the new boss :( ill beat him someday

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
0 master rounds :mrgw:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

0 master rounds :mrgw:

its clipped off there but i had everyone except 4 lol i had a gigantic healthbar and mega damage and still almost died on my way to the lich. bullet hell is a nightmare

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hN2eh8hkA0 me doing essentially the whole of chamber 6 with half a heart left .. super tense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hN2eh8hkA0 me doing essentially the whole of chamber 6 with half a heart left .. super tense

this is awesome..now play again and do this at double game speed

e: lmao at the game dropping you a chest and it turned into a cursed mimic

• Locked thread