Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

extremebuff posted:

this is awesome..now play again and do this at double game speed

e: lmao at the game dropping you a chest and it turned into a cursed mimic

Ive done it on turbo mode a bunch of times already. I bought it for the switch last week .. actually, i like the new patch cos it gives you tons of new ways to get powerful as compensation for the higher difficulty from the game speed and stuff. on balance, its probably about as difficult as it ever was. but a lot friendlier too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i definitely love it because now you're fighting the enemies and not the brutal rng lol. runs that have just totally hosed me over have become exceedingly rare when they used to be the norm

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In my first run, I got the Laser Rifle and the Emperor on the same floor, which, uh

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the drops seem cooler and more abundant now, which is good. maybe i'll actually beat this game someday

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/bn03 streaming some turbo gungeon

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the drops seem cooler and more abundant now, which is good. maybe i'll actually beat this game someday

its a world of difference, actually having enough money to spend is so nice

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/AdorableBreakablePlumageOSkomodo the new boss is god drat nuts

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Mad that I can't find the drat Turbo NPC!!! i should probably start using elevator skips, i've only ever actually utilized them to complete enemy hunt bounties before but it seems like imprisoned NPCs never spawn on floor 1 so i may as well start skipping it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Apparently doing some obscure poo poo after beating him (just look it up it's BS to figure out on your own) unlocks the titular "Advanced Dragun" as a final boss fight which looks to be even more nuts lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Mad that I can't find the drat Turbo NPC!!! i should probably start using elevator skips, i've only ever actually utilized them to complete enemy hunt bounties before but it seems like imprisoned NPCs never spawn on floor 1 so i may as well start skipping it

tonic only shows up on floor 3

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

Apparently doing some obscure poo poo after beating him (just look it up it's BS to figure out on your own) unlocks the titular "Advanced Dragun" as a final boss fight which looks to be even more nuts lol
They're separate things. Bob's actually fought the Advanced Dragun at least once.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
played a few rounds today, and this is much better than when i tried about a year ago. faster movement + more guns is awesome. i'm also kind of surprised that i feel it controls better w/ mouse and kb, since these things are typically more fun with controllers. but i feel like i have more control over aiming with the mouse than right the RS.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

played a few rounds today, and this is much better than when i tried about a year ago. faster movement + more guns is awesome. i'm also kind of surprised that i feel it controls better w/ mouse and kb, since these things are typically more fun with controllers. but i feel like i have more control over aiming with the mouse than right the RS.

i should try it cause im always missing with the rs. i last tried it when the game first came out and it felt like i was splitting my brain in two trying to dodge and aim

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I find controller to be easy but I mostly play Marine

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Big Gungeon day today. Got Clone unlocked and most of the 3f shortcut completed. Still can't find the Blessing NPC or the Turbo NPC!!!!! Get hosed! Trying to cheese the Superhot Watch unlock with Clone whenever it drops .

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think ive seen clone like twice ever..im convinced theres items that are rarer than others in the same tier. Gunther ive also only seen like 1-2 times ever which is probably good since it just ends a run

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I had 2 clone runs since the update and between them I hosed up punchout 3 times.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol I had it with silver bullets and it kept yelling DIE WEREWOLF DIE

edit: and yeah Clone is really rare. I just unlocked it though and newly unlocked items have an increased chance of appearing until you've seen them once so hopefully it'll b soon and i won't choke

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

every run I either get a godly setup and can't get to the rat or I can reach him but I dont stand a chance..

i have (barely) beat him once on normal speed mode and ill never go back to that again

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!
i got clone and gun soul in the same run. sadly died in the bullet hell, then again trying to make it back my bloodstain.

clone respawned me in the first level with all my stuff but my hp was permanently set to 1.

Did anyone come across the superhot passive yet? its sick lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the switch needs some cheevs on it statim

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I bought it on switch but those little nubby analog sticks hurt my hands.

Also got it on steam sale but never launched it because it'd crash when launching on my linux laptop, lol

Is it really better with a mouse and kb? If so I might try it again, but at the desk and on my gaming "rig"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Dongicus posted:

i got clone and gun soul in the same run. sadly died in the bullet hell, then again trying to make it back my bloodstain.

clone respawned me in the first level with all my stuff but my hp was permanently set to 1.

Did anyone come across the superhot passive yet? its sick lol

Superhot is loving god like ; that's why I'm hoping for a clone run soon because you need to collect 5 Master Rounds in a single run to unlock it but repeats count so you can just like ace the first two bosses twice and then pick up one more somewhere else

edit : and yeah Clone and Gun Soul is not a good synergy :(

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

SpaceAceJase posted:

I bought it on switch but those little nubby analog sticks hurt my hands.

Also got it on steam sale but never launched it because it'd crash when launching on my linux laptop, lol

Is it really better with a mouse and kb? If so I might try it again, but at the desk and on my gaming "rig"

I prefer kb+m but also I've been playing with a controller lately because the difference is mostly (mostly) preference based and it's comfy gaming. There are some items that straight up don't work right on controller though, on one run I picked up an item that gave me homing bullets and they home in on where your cursor is. But if your using a controller they just awkwardly home in the direction you're holding and it ended up ruining my run because it's really not designed with that in mind. That could be the only fucky controller item though

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm bad at this in a way that makes me upset

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mr. Sophistication posted:

I prefer kb+m but also I've been playing with a controller lately because the difference is mostly (mostly) preference based and it's comfy gaming. There are some items that straight up don't work right on controller though, on one run I picked up an item that gave me homing bullets and they home in on where your cursor is. But if your using a controller they just awkwardly home in the direction you're holding and it ended up ruining my run because it's really not designed with that in mind. That could be the only fucky controller item though

its the only lovely controller item and it should really drastically increase your aim assist instead of killing it lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gun soul also is a lovely item unless you like, go into a late floor with low health and immediately off yourself in the first room for the full heal. clone is a cheatcode

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
bullet hell is definitely not my genre, i think because i'm fairly impatient, but i am getting better at this. it feels really good when you get into a groove and roll a floor, but i've also only gotten as far as 4 after about a dozen runs.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The number one rule of bullet hells is just ignore 99% of the bullets they have no effect on your character and will never hit you and are just there to look cool and intimidating. Like the Dragun has that full screen pattern that looks impossible but actually you just need to roll through the pockets which it gives you plenty of space to do

Having good reflexes is not the point at all it's mostly staying cool and evaluating what you have to do before it's too late to do anything about it. The bosses especially have patterns they repeat and very rarely do something where you can't plan for it at all.

The issue with this game is you can be saddled with guns and items that are very bad either through your bad decisions (wasting keys and currency) or bad rng which can make bosses a painful grind.

extremebuff posted:

gun soul also is a lovely item unless you like, go into a late floor with low health and immediately off yourself in the first room for the full heal. clone is a cheatcode

Ya I got this and died on the boss to floor 4 which was frustrating.

Then I made it ALL THE WAY BACK to the boss again (it respawns everything), and didn't pick up the puddle and died.

Can you go back and kill yourself in an early room with spikes or something

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
One thing bob mentioned on stream that's kinda helped me, especially on bosses, is to not look at what's going on in the level at all. Just look at your character and focus on moving them in and out of the bullets, while still shooting in the general direction of the threat of course.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive found that not letting the bullets touch you is the best way to deal with enemies because if they do touch you they will take away some of your remaining health

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
getting real good involves no longer looking at your character but instead ahead of them. watching just your character wont let you anticipate large changes in pattern as soon and can lead you to instinctively getting pushed back as its often the seemingly easiest way out

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
So is the switch version bad, though?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SpaceAceJase posted:

it runs ok now after the patches but it is noticeably worse than every other system it's on which i dont really think is acceptable for a game that looks like this lol

elf help book posted:

getting real good involves no longer looking at your character but instead ahead of them. watching just your character wont let you anticipate large changes in pattern as soon and can lead you to instinctively getting pushed back as its often the seemingly easiest way out

you get there by watching your character tho.

also playing as the marine helps a lot. he starts with better accuracy+reloads, a point of armor and a free ammo drop, great newbie character

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

it runs ok now after the patches but it is noticeably worse than every other system it's on which i dont really think is acceptable for a game that looks like this lol
https://twitter.com/DodgeRollGames/status/593625936131653632

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my point stands. that is sick though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Someone should make a first person mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

SpaceAceJase posted:

eh its fine

i think i’d rather play on pc tho. the game really tires out my right thumb on long play sessions and i think id prefer a keyboard for the movement, but ive had a great time on the switch anyways

• Locked thread