Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
iirc moe has a shotgun, maybe he will lend it to us?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
yes! offer the chanel suit in a trade for the shotgun may be?

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
if not, we could promise to make moe 1st choice, should hamer be dead for real

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Okay okay i'll start updating any second just lemme become undepressed hold on

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Okay okay i'll start updating any second just lemme become undepressed hold on

roll a saving throw against depression buddy!

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Knowing where to check next, Bart heads on out while Marge says goodbye to Moe.

But what’s this?

“We’re back!”

Nosfereefer

good call on the escape. where can we grind combat skills?

Dungeon Ecology

>use PSI Caramba!

Plant MONSTER.

Dungeon Ecology posted:

>use PSI Caramba!

Molto bene muah muah

Nosfereefer

if morris doesnt have the gun anymore, maybe we can equip one of the chairs? i dunno if rats are weak to bludgeoning or not

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
break a chair maybe? get a few clubs out of the legs?

By popular demand

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

wait i remember that arcade game: bort used his scatboard, elisa had a jumprope and midge use a vaccuum cleaner.

homeer fought barefist

Nosfereefer

that is quite sexist. that said, IS the vacum cleaner the superior weapon? how does it compare to the club?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i guess a vacuum cleaner might have better reach, more weight

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Perhaps Snake is in the alley behind Moe's and has weapons for sale?

Nosfereefer

we still have to examine homer behaviour though. in the arcade game he embodies the macho "strong man" image, but what about the real homer

yes, he is inclined to stereotypical masculine behaviour. for instance, his rather problematic frequency to the tavern, being a married man with a stable job.

but still, homer, the man. he is not just overweight or bald. he is powerful, emotional

he is a strong man, but not through the myopic lens of a 90s-arcade machine.
His physical muscles are not used for rage, but for building. He embodies classical masculine properties, in the constructive, helpful way. He provides quite literal (but, importantly, also symbolical) power to his community.

*sniff*

homer is a flawed, yet (or - because of that) a productive member of his community
his constant conflicts with his neighbour flanders, for instance, can on the surface area come across as a petty, worthless endeavour. yet - it is a very manifest example of the productivity of dialectical conflict. both homer and flanders, in their own idiosyncratic ways, represent not necessarily "right" or "wrong", but, rather, two opposing social forces which, through their conflict, will actually form a more adaptable synthesis to their current situation. and so forth

the alcoholism, oh course, represents ideology

wearing a lampshade

> use *Marge Noise* to give temp boost to combat stats by spending one round going "hrmmmmmmmm"

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

we still have to examine homer behaviour though. in the arcade game he embodies the macho "strong man" image, but what about the real homer

yes, he is inclined to stereotypical masculine behaviour. for instance, his rather problematic frequency to the tavern, being a married man with a stable job.

but still, homer, the man. he is not just overweight or bald. he is powerful, emotional

he is a strong man, but not through the myopic lens of a 90s-arcade machine.
His physical muscles are not used for rage, but for building. He embodies classical masculine properties, in the constructive, helpful way. He provides quite literal (but, importantly, also symbolical) power to his community.

*sniff*

homer is a flawed, yet (or - because of that) a productive member of his community
his constant conflicts with his neighbour flanders, for instance, can on the surface area come across as a petty, worthless endeavour. yet - it is a very manifest example of the productivity of dialectical conflict. both homer and flanders, in their own idiosyncratic ways, represent not necessarily "right" or "wrong", but, rather, two opposing social forces which, through their conflict, will actually form a more adaptable synthesis to their current situation. and so forth

the alcoholism, oh course, represents ideology

*thoughtfully puffs on pipe while nodding head*

Plant MONSTER.

Um well i already made the weapon part.

Bart: Hey mom. Do /inventory for a second ok.

Bart: Wow cool man, this is where all your stuff is kept. You have to become more powerful to access more hair space.

Marge: *marge groan*

Bart: Don't have a cow, mom. Make sure to equip everything you have.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
yes

Scaly Haylie

check on maggie

Dungeon Ecology

Lizard Wizard posted:

inspect maggie

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
>eat pant

Plant MONSTER.

Marge: Maggie! Bad baby! Why'd you stow away in mommy's hair?

Maggie: *suck noise suck nonoissuck noise*

Marge: it's too dangerous for a baby!

Maggie: *suck suck succccck suck¡succo!

Marge: Very well... I always knew the day you would fight for your father would come.

Maggie: suck

By popular demand

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

time to get this quest going.

hmm.. ask around for some quests, we might stumble on a lead for the homeboy.

Plant MONSTER.

Well. We were supposed to head to Milhouse's house but some rats and a pigeon accosted us but now we're equipped and a team!

Dungeon Ecology

milhouse class/level?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
we have a party!

Nosfereefer posted:

where can we grind combat skills?

maybe head back out and see if the pigeon rats are still there, or slip out the back to try and avoid them

Plant MONSTER.

All Milhouse related questions are classified atm

Marge and Our Heroes step back outside.

(rolling to decide turn order for this loving battle)

[Marge 10/10] [Bart 10/10] [Maggie 5/5]
[MP 10/10]

So how this works is the turn order is laid out on the bottom. We need to figure out what we want to do during our turn. So for example, "Marge, attack rat 1; Bart, attack rat 1and Maggie, cast Bolt 1 on pigeon."

Everyone shares MP, we have a total of 10 MP because Maggie adds a bonus 5 MP to our total. Should she leave the party, we wouls lose that bonus. A party can hold 5 members in total but Marge cannot be removed.

Scaly Haylie

ah, a maggician.

Manifisto

I love this module but I'm not entirely sure I understand what's going on. who has initiative? what's my THAC0?

ah gently caress it, just cast magic missile

ty nesamdoom!

Plant MONSTER.

It's like a fusion of Paper Mario/DnD/Earthbound.

No armor classes unless otherwise specified (an armored enemy might have defense boost of 2. So physical damage would do 2 less DMG)

The roll for turn order occurs once at the start of the battle. Marge has default speed, so she rolls a d20. Maggie is slower so is stuck rolling a d12. Bart rolls a d20 but currently has a bonus of 3.

For monsters, they have set numbers for their intiative, usually decided by a d4. Pigeon rolls a 1-3 = 8 and a 4 = 12. So for this battle Bart rolled a 19 but with his bonus of 3 means he gets 22. Marhe got 16. Pigeon got 12, the rats got 11 and Maggie got 6.

There will be something similar to badges from Paper Mario. One of the shops we can visit has those. That's what Marge's "Wow" points mean.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i love this

my vote is bart and marge rat 1 and if we can move maggie to the back row and if she still has time have her cast bolt on pigeon

Plant MONSTER.

Round 1
-Bart slings a stone at rat 1 and hits for 2 dmg!
-Marge whaps rat 1 with her cue for 1 dmg!

Rat 1 is knocked out

-Pigeon poops. Nothing happens
-Rat 2 bites Maggie for 1 dmg!
-Maggie casts bolt 1 on the pigeon... Whoa! 6 damage

The Pigeon is knocked out

Round 2 (I’ll just do this one myself)
-Bart slings a stone at rat 2 for 2 dmg!
-Marge whaps rat 2 with her cue for 1 dmg!

Rat 2 is knocked out

We win! Marge gained 24 EXP (every 100 marks a level up)
Earned 6 Simpsons Buxx

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 9, 2018

Dungeon Ecology

playing this while deciding...

it might be a while......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=204BDmIg7B4

Nosfereefer

watch out for that truck!
e: >watch out for that truck

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 9, 2018

Nosfereefer

this is some seriously good stuff

take the moon

by sebmojo
if you dont 5 this thread youre a fuccboi and you probably like seasons 10+ :rolleyes:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
5'ing this thread for the mini marge selection icon

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

Nosfereefer posted:

this is some seriously good stuff

:agreed:

• Locked thread