Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

:ssh:

Player’s Manual

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
All in due time, luvedone.

Plant MONSTER.

Alright. It seems Homer is missing. What should they do?

Plant MONSTER.

HUSKY DILF posted:

ritualistically murder and then consume lisa simpson but you know if a funny ironic way cause this is byob

Lets save the chaotic route for new game plus maybe

Or maybe tomorrow i'll draw lisa geeting killes and eaten. Being without homer to lay down the laws maybe lets marge act upon her primal electra complex fearing urges

Plant MONSTER.

Excellent, tomorrow we will call moe confirmed.

Plant MONSTER.

Oh, Moe hasn't seen Homer around. Well, time to see if we have that Chanel suit still

Plant MONSTER.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS we have THE SUIT

Plant MONSTER.

MY NIPPLES ArE SO TURGID ALL TWO and 1/2

Plant MONSTER.

Manifisto posted:

when it comes down to it, what's the classiest place in springfield?

The country club where Marge had to wear that suit!

Plant MONSTER.

Well you guys make a good point, we'll probably need to head outside in order to find Homer. But first.

In case homey comes homesy

Now then

Wait

Where is the car??

Oh,Bart you are so sweet.

Bart cannot skate all the way to the Country Club. He can bring is to Springfield Elementary, Moe's Tavern, The Kwik-e Mart, The Comic Book Store or to the Park

Plant MONSTER.

Well, it's immediately evident that Homer is not here. Might as well do the second thing we came here to do: Apply the Chanel suit to everything

Oh wow, thank you, Midge

Plant MONSTER.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 8, 2018

Plant MONSTER.

Oh look! Shop keepers have special screens!

Marge has 80 dollars in her purse.

[Menu]
Duff beer: 4 dollars. Heals 10 Hp. Only usable by adults. May cause drunkenness. (Light)

Lady Duff: 10 dollars. Heals 25 Hp. Only usable by adults. May cause drunkenness. (Light)

Duff Stout: 25 dollars. Heals 40 Hp. Only usable by adults. May cause drunkenness. (Moderate)

Flaming Moe: 10 dollars. Cures sick and/or frozen status problems. Adults only. May cause drunkenness (High)

Simpson & Son Revitalizing Gin & Tonic: 50 dollars. Revives a fallen adult ally but also automatically causes drunkenness.

Single Plum Floating in Perfume Served in a Man's Hat: 500 dollars. ???

Plant MONSTER.

P. Plant boss won't be fought for some time yet! Oh no spoilers!

Okay so three duffs and a flaming moe leaves us with 58 bucks left

We'll feed barmey in a second

Plant MONSTER.

Well... that’s a strange... thing.

Plant MONSTER.

Before we go forward take a look at our status screen

Plant MONSTER.

Okay okay i'll start updating any second just lemme become undepressed hold on

Plant MONSTER.

Knowing where to check next, Bart heads on out while Marge says goodbye to Moe.

But what’s this?

“We’re back!”

Plant MONSTER.

Dungeon Ecology posted:

>use PSI Caramba!

Molto bene muah muah

Plant MONSTER.

Um well i already made the weapon part.

Bart: Hey mom. Do /inventory for a second ok.

Bart: Wow cool man, this is where all your stuff is kept. You have to become more powerful to access more hair space.

Marge: *marge groan*

Bart: Don't have a cow, mom. Make sure to equip everything you have.

Plant MONSTER.

Marge: Maggie! Bad baby! Why'd you stow away in mommy's hair?

Maggie: *suck noise suck nonoissuck noise*

Marge: it's too dangerous for a baby!

Maggie: *suck suck succccck suck¡succo!

Marge: Very well... I always knew the day you would fight for your father would come.

Maggie: suck

Plant MONSTER.

Well. We were supposed to head to Milhouse's house but some rats and a pigeon accosted us but now we're equipped and a team!

Plant MONSTER.

All Milhouse related questions are classified atm

Marge and Our Heroes step back outside.

(rolling to decide turn order for this loving battle)

[Marge 10/10] [Bart 10/10] [Maggie 5/5]
[MP 10/10]

So how this works is the turn order is laid out on the bottom. We need to figure out what we want to do during our turn. So for example, "Marge, attack rat 1; Bart, attack rat 1and Maggie, cast Bolt 1 on pigeon."

Everyone shares MP, we have a total of 10 MP because Maggie adds a bonus 5 MP to our total. Should she leave the party, we wouls lose that bonus. A party can hold 5 members in total but Marge cannot be removed.

Plant MONSTER.

It's like a fusion of Paper Mario/DnD/Earthbound.

No armor classes unless otherwise specified (an armored enemy might have defense boost of 2. So physical damage would do 2 less DMG)

The roll for turn order occurs once at the start of the battle. Marge has default speed, so she rolls a d20. Maggie is slower so is stuck rolling a d12. Bart rolls a d20 but currently has a bonus of 3.

For monsters, they have set numbers for their intiative, usually decided by a d4. Pigeon rolls a 1-3 = 8 and a 4 = 12. So for this battle Bart rolled a 19 but with his bonus of 3 means he gets 22. Marhe got 16. Pigeon got 12, the rats got 11 and Maggie got 6.

There will be something similar to badges from Paper Mario. One of the shops we can visit has those. That's what Marge's "Wow" points mean.

Plant MONSTER.

Round 1
-Bart slings a stone at rat 1 and hits for 2 dmg!
-Marge whaps rat 1 with her cue for 1 dmg!

Rat 1 is knocked out

-Pigeon poops. Nothing happens
-Rat 2 bites Maggie for 1 dmg!
-Maggie casts bolt 1 on the pigeon... Whoa! 6 damage

The Pigeon is knocked out

Round 2 (I’ll just do this one myself)
-Bart slings a stone at rat 2 for 2 dmg!
-Marge whaps rat 2 with her cue for 1 dmg!

Rat 2 is knocked out

We win! Marge gained 24 EXP (every 100 marks a level up)
Earned 6 Simpsons Buxx

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 9, 2018

Plant MONSTER.

I dont know if it was clear but we actually won that battle.

We can do this btw:
-travel back home, kwik-e-mart, comic book store, church, the hospital (no reason to go there tbh), or go on and see Milhouse

Or any other suggestions

Dungeon Ecology posted:

playing this while deciding...

it might be a while......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=204BDmIg7B4

that song is how i knew earthbound was a game for me. I want that played at my wedding and funeral

If the simpsons ppl irl see this they should thank me for fixing it

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 9, 2018

Plant MONSTER.

You got it, I'm gonna have to draw the backgrounds and Apu.

I did Lovejoy yesterday

Plant MONSTER.

Does this mean I should make an interior for the kwik e mart? I only made the outside and the shopkeep screen :[

Plant MONSTER.

Traveling

Currently we travel via Bart via skateboard. This leaves us vulnerable to sudden encounters. The distance traveled determines the probability of an encounter, with the odds increasing with the length of the journey.

Distance is measured by blocks, using a map that ONLY I HAVE HAHAHA. Like everything in life, our fate depends on the roll of a d20. The goal is to roll a number greater than (the amount of blocks traveled × 2). So we travel 3 blocks? Then we need to roll over a 7-20.

I'll update the first page with all this information eventually?
---------------------------------------
The Kwik E Mart is 7 blocks away, so let's roll for something greater than 14.

*roll roll* 10

Battle Time

[Marge 10/10] [Bart 10/10] [Maggie 4/5]
[MP 8/10]

...Rolling for turn order...

Marge, Bart, Pigeon, Rat, Monster Squishee and Maggie

Plant MONSTER.

It's a monster squishee. Thats a cup!

E. It does look like a toy version of the simpson sedan just lodged in there in a cool dynamic angle

Plant MONSTER.

Thats actually a good idea re: Bart. I already thought of how and when he can get it.

Round 1

Marge strikes Squishee with her cue for 2 dmg
(So I didn't explain this but I roll a d20 <10 it does a certain amount (1), >10 it does a bit more (2))

Bart slings a shot at Squishee, dealing 2 dmg.

Pigeon pecks at Maggie for 1 dmg
(Enemies have a set of moves they can perform, what action they will do depends on the throw of a d20. Pigeon rolled an 8, meaning it pecks at a random target, (rolled a 3 on a d4, so Maggie [marmge is 1, barm is 2 and moggi is 3]

Rat scratches Maggie for 1 dmg.
(Poor Maggie)

The Squishee Monster spews out a slurry of ice cold slush at Marge for 2 dmg.

Maggie casts a bolt of lightning from the heavens, zapping the Pigeon for 6 dmg, knocking it out.

Marge gained 8 exp and 2 Simpsons Buxx

[Marge 8/10][Bart 10/10][Maggie 2/5]
[MP 6/10]

Btw Marge has a skill called Momly Hug thats usable on child aged party members. 3 MP. Heals 10hp.

Bart has Pickpocket. 2 MP. 50-50 chance of stealing either some buxx or an item from one target.

Plant MONSTER.

Round 2

Marge gives Maggie a nice ol mom hug. Maggie is fully healed.

Bart clucks Squishee on the head with a stone for 2 hp.

Squishee is vanquished!

Marge gains 10 exp and 2 buxx

Rat scratches Bart for 1 dmg.

Round 3 (easy ending so i'll take over)

Marge pokes the rat woth her cue and Bart loving blows it to shreds with a rock from his slingshot point blank. Blood and viscera enclothes the scene.

Marge gains 7 exp and 2 buxx!

Battle over!

Total of 25 exp from this battle (47 in total)
Total of 6 buxx gained (70 in total)

Plant MONSTER.

Everyone shares MP. There will be certain items that can restore MP, as well as certain perks. Rest heals health. MP is more of a soul type thing.

Plant MONSTER.

Green Squishee - 3 buxx, heals 10 hp, kids only, may cause chills

Chutney Squishee - 10 buxx, hurl at a foe for DMG, may cause chills and/or sickness.

Beef Jerky - 8 buxx, heals party for 5 hp each. MEAT PRODUCT.

Small Coffee - 5 buxx, moves your priority ahead one position for the remainder of the battle. Cures snooze and chills.

Sugar, free donuts - 10 buxx, ???

Plant MONSTER.

Btw just because i dont react to your posts with a like or a share doesnt meant i dis not like or see it, its actually really helpful for ideas when you people drop do x thing from random episode becauee i silently think of ways to implement them and you'll see

Plant MONSTER.

Apu says: An all syrup Squishy will cost you a 20 dollar bill.

We only have 70 buxx, no 20 dollar bills.

Let's buy 2 green squishys for now, a beef jerky and a small coffee.

We have 51 buxx left.

--------------

Pretend i posted little pictures of marge and apu talking or maybe ill ammend this later

Marge: *homer face with question mark*

Apu: *homer face, NO sign, sad face

Marge: *picture roaming squishy monster in text*

Apu: I told that bespectacled man to stay away from the squishy machine but he insisted on messing with it regardless. He said something about "high densities of the sweeeet sweet saccharides (mwa-hey) being the perfect substrate to test the enlifener that I've been working on (nn-hai)".

Next thing that I know the store is overrun with these squishy monstrosities. I would have the place fumigated but I don't want to close the shop. Besides, Manjula was able to coerce most of the things to the store, I don't know how she does it.

-------------

Bart will show off his stolen loot soon.

I should've made Apu be like VISHNU VISHNU SHIVA BRAHMMA GANESH GANESH AAAAH PARVATI HAHAHA KALIKA

(hinduism is the coolest religion imo)

Plant MONSTER.

Things to consider:

-Frink's lab is not accessible atm

-It's Saturday so school is out, Milhouse is likely at his house, bart knows the way.

-Manjula is at her home, she most likely has her hands busy due to her babbies but maybe she would appreciate a Marge visit?

-Should we stop by the Simpson stead?

It seems like the consensus is to go find Milhouse

Sorry for being slow, I had most of the week off work so I was able to poo poo drawings out all day.

Plant MONSTER.

We are going to Milhouse house!!!

Milhouse lives about 3 blocks away.

ROLLING (need: >6) we got 17.

So we get away without an encou- BART DID YOU STEAL THAT... Entire OLD HAM?

Hmmmmmrrrrrr...... I want you to march back in there and pay for that ham. And you look Apu in the eyes and apologize

Barm: holy cow man ay carumba

Apu: I heard that young man, by saying holy cow you are making a mockery of my culture and religion. Stop being such a piece of poo poo. That will be 12 dollars for the ham. Now get out.

Bart: ...And come again?

Apu: out.

Maggie: *suck suck* >8( (youre a fuckup and a goddamn idiot, bart)

(39 buxx remaining)

ANYWAY we rolled a 17 and so arrive at Milhousehouse.

Stay tuned

Plant MONSTER.

Fireworks factory is quite a bit away! I’ll take a note, though.

Marge and Our Heroes arrive at Millhout van Housens House

Marge rings the doorbell *rolls a d20, an 18... wow she rings the doorbell just... so well!*

Luann: Oh. Hello... Bart, if you’re here to see Milhouse, I’m afraid he doesn’t want company right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.

Looks like we’re going to clobber our way through Luann when I’m back home.

Very unmargely but her homey is in potential peril

• Locked thread