Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

There is only one possible conclusion: one of you two is a loot ninja!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It certainly wasn't the mimic, no one would want anything that dropped out of it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hey folks-- since I had Thursday and Friday off due to Thanksgiving I lost any semblance of being able to keep track of what time it is. On top of that I got so wrapped up planning a new stream series (you can check the VOD here!) that I totally forgot to post a video yesterday. Oops!

here it is now, sorry!

Episode #39: Never-ending Battle

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

you.
keep.
missing.
the explosive axe throw

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

you.
keep.
missing.
the explosive axe throw

no u

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
That Fibber drop from that mimic is from the UC patch btw. They do not drop in the regular game.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

mastersord posted:

That Fibber drop from that mimic is from the UC patch btw. They do not drop in the regular game.

They're a quest reward itrm and there are specific Fibbers that are really good for Gaige.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

this episode i didn't forget to post on time and thankfully it's the one where we spend ten minutes watching a unicorn pooping

Episode #40: Unicorn Poop

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Dr.Smasher posted:

They're a quest reward itrm and there are specific Fibbers that are really good for Gaige.

Sorry, I meant that they don't drop from enemies and/or chests

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
Okay, That gave me a laugh.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
It's way better designed than the key chest.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Butt Stallion's rear end confirmed for the best source of loot.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

good news, bad news, and mixed news

good news: this video is the last of the story DLC! we're almost at an end!
bad news: it's more hammerlock story
mixed news: apologies in advance on this one but if you were someone who was using YouTube CC to read the Twitch chat for these videos, I have accidentally lost the archive of the chatlog for this stretch of the stream. because of this, you cannot enable subtitles to view the chat for this video. sorry!

Episode #41: Funday Sunday Gunday

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think my favorite two parts of this LP are how badly the game has aged, and how much you guys hate (and are justified in hating) Lillith.

I say this as someone who played Lillith the most in BL1.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

it's friday! you know what that means? it's :siren: RAID NIGHT :siren:

this stream took panzer on a whirlwind tour of pandora to fight most of the raid bosses-- nearly none of which she's seen before! how well do we do? come find out!

Episode #42: Raid Night

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Kaubocks posted:

this stream took panzer on a whirlwind tour of pandora to fight most of the raid bosses-- nearly none of which she's seen before! how well do we do? come find out!

You can cheese Master Gee by killing a worm, dragging Gee into it so it affects him, then hiding behind a rock at the arena entrance for a couple hours. The whole thing sucks.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Kaubocks posted:

All the raid bosses suck solo if you're dumb like me and completely forget about the Grog Nozzle (or just get unlucky). I was genuinely shocked with how fast you took down Hyperius though, even with two people. My first solo try took me a solid half-hour of careful kiting and running away.

My perception of how long the bosses should take is probably ruined by doing every single one of them for the first time on OP-8 difficulty because I'm a moron

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

The Jumpoff posted:

All the raid bosses suck solo if you're dumb like me and completely forget about the Grog Nozzle (or just get unlucky). I was genuinely shocked with how fast you took down Hyperius though, even with two people. My first solo try took me a solid half-hour of careful kiting and running away.

To be fair, there's no legitimate way to have the Grog Nozzle as a standard weapon, since it's a mission weapon only available for that one DLC mission. You can start that mission and just never finish it, and keep it as a mission weapon forever, but that can cause some weirdness if you try and do multiplayer. I guess it doesn't matter if the one you have is stupidly underleveled though, since the only stat that matters on it is the health regen, and that's always 65%.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Gothsheep posted:

To be fair, there's no legitimate way to have the Grog Nozzle as a standard weapon, since it's a mission weapon only available for that one DLC mission. You can start that mission and just never finish it, and keep it as a mission weapon forever, but that can cause some weirdness if you try and do multiplayer. I guess it doesn't matter if the one you have is stupidly underleveled though, since the only stat that matters on it is the health regen, and that's always 65%.

I’m pretty sure there was a limited-time event when it dropped from an enemy as a permanent item. Or you could, you know, cheat.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
Actually, while you're running the Community Patch, there's a chance the Gold Golem will drop one.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

in the next part of our ~raid stream~ we took on most of the remaining raid bosses. how well do we do? much worse than the first ones!

Episode #43: From Hero to Zero

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Yeah, that's how I expected a stream of you trying endgame content to go.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Spikers change the damage type of a pistol bullet into a rocket (so they explode). UCP changed them all to grenade damage type, except for Logan's gun. For some reason, its bullets still count as rockets when they explode.

You could also farm up some low level E-tech launchers and use them to replenish ammo with the Sham because one of the brands splits ammo when fired. Vladoff has a chance to not consume ammo. I think Maliwan launchers are the ones that turn 2 ammo into 5 or 7, but I can't quite remember.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Will the Pre-Sequel LP have a separate thread?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

White Coke posted:

Will the Pre-Sequel LP have a separate thread?

we probably will! i'll make sure to link to it in this one once it goes up.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

we're so nearly at the end of the series, folks! in today's video i take panzer through digistruct peak for the first time and listen to the chill rear end music that comes with it:

Episode #44: Raid on Digistruct Peak

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm not sure what I was expecting with Digistruct Peak, but that was underwhelming. I'm glad I didn't get the Season Pass for this, either when I first got the game or when the pass was discounted a few months ago. There's only one DLC I'm even interested in (Tiny Tina's), everything else is bland, racist, bland and racist, or all three.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Dareon posted:

I'm not sure what I was expecting with Digistruct Peak, but that was underwhelming. I'm glad I didn't get the Season Pass for this, either when I first got the game or when the pass was discounted a few months ago. There's only one DLC I'm even interested in (Tiny Tina's), everything else is bland, racist, bland and racist, or all three.

There are more segments to the Digistruct Peak course that open up as you attempt it at higher Overpower Levels. There's a big boss enemy at the end at level 5 or higher, and at level 8 it always drops a pearlescent gun.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dareon posted:

I'm not sure what I was expecting with Digistruct Peak, but that was underwhelming.

we ran the easiest version of it and panzer was using Literally The Most Broken Build In The Game :shrug:

i want to say when i was running it solo back in the day by OP4 i’d be expected to fight two Saturns at once. it definitely gets harder we just didn’t show it off due to what we had accessible at the time and time constraints

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Personally I still like Lilith even if she's done some not great things in the name of "good". Certainly Handsome Jack is more of a monster than just about anyone else in the series and people like him well enough.

Admittedly he's got style and she's just kind of mean a lot of the time.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Yeah, but Handsome Jack isn't portrayed as some noble anti-hero who nearly loses everything resisting a tyrant. He's just a massive rear end in a top hat who sometimes covers it up. If Lilith were an openly acknowledged massive dumbass who never misses an opportunity to sabotage her cause it'd be different (and probably funnier).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lillith is someone who routinely makes horrible mistakes that you're expected to see as a smart and capable person who makes good decisions.

This is at odds with the very bad decisions.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Lillith is someone who routinely makes horrible mistakes that you're expected to see as a smart and capable person who makes good decisions.

:hmmyes:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Night10194 posted:

See I’ve never seen it this way, the game doesn’t expect you to think Lilith’s bad decisions are good ones, just that Lilith is trying her best and makes mistakes sometimes.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kaubocks posted:

we ran the easiest version of it and panzer was using Literally The Most Broken Build In The Game :shrug:

i want to say when i was running it solo back in the day by OP4 i’d be expected to fight two Saturns at once. it definitely gets harder we just didn’t show it off due to what we had accessible at the time and time constraints

It wasn't the difficulty, I quite liked watching Panzer erase things from existence. It was just the area and the enemies and the scene-setting... Like I said, I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't that. :shrug:

Lord_Magmar posted:

See I’ve never seen it this way, the game doesn’t expect you to think Lilith’s bad decisions are good ones, just that Lilith is trying her best and makes mistakes sometimes.

"Sometimes"?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

here it is folks, the hardest raid content. we had to end on this. we're not sorry

Episode #45: The Hardest Boss of All

this is the last video! we may have a bonus stream coming up but we haven't entirely planned it yet. will definitely post it here if it happens. we will also create a new thread for our Pre-Sequel playthrough once we get that going as well and link it here.

thanks for joining us on our 30th playthrough of this stupid game! :wave:

Dareon posted:

It wasn't the difficulty, I quite liked watching Panzer erase things from existence. It was just the area and the enemies and the scene-setting... Like I said, I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't that. :shrug:

totally fair. my apologies for misinterpreting what you meant

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Finally some true high-quality gameplay.

And Cassie! A good lp.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I am looking forward to Pre-Sequel. I got up to the last boss solo, but decided to switch characters because Claptrap kept exploding. Solo Claptrap is... probably not the intended gameplay experience.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
What in the heck was Panzer's "I'M ON FIRE ARRRRRGH!" build for the raid videos? It looks very fun outside of the yelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

pointlessone posted:

What in the heck was Panzer's "I'M ON FIRE ARRRRRGH!" build for the raid videos? It looks very fun outside of the yelling.

here u go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mXfNluxZ4I

you can disable voices in game to get around having to hear her scream all the time, i believe