Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright
Dart comments reminded me.

https://www.mentalmars.com/game-news/borderlands-2-unofficial-community-patch/ posted:

10. Buffed E-Tech Spiker Damage by 20%, heavily increased their Fire Rate, increased their Splash Radius by 50% and made them deal Grenade Damage instead of Rocket Damage.
11. Buffed E-Tech Dart Damage by 20%, heavily increased their Fire Rate, reduced their Projectile Speed by 50% but made them home into enemies much better. Now deals Grenade Damage instead of Rocket Damage.

I think the Community Patch improved the game more than the CheatEngine hacks did.

e:

Kaubocks posted:

Boner jokes! rear end jokes! Panzer and I being bad at video games! All these things and more in the latest Borderlands 2 vid! ...well, maybe not more. That's about literally all you're going to get today.

Episode #04: Unstuck in Time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Let's take a page out of my Tales from the Borderlands LP thread and once again argue about the "deep" "morally grey" plot of the Borderlands series.

Episode #05: Lilith Did Everything Wrong

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
If there's one thing I learned from the Pre-Sequel before quitting, it's that you're no different from the psychopaths you kill.

Either way, I grew to hate the first game's character's more and more as I played these two games. :shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Either way, I grew to hate the first game's character's more and more as I played these two games. :shrug:

I would love for people to dive in on these sentiments because I didn't finish either of the first two Borderlands games, never touched the Pre-Sequel and did watch Kaubocks' TftB LP so I'm wildly lost on things like 'characterization' for most of the people here that aren't obvious/introduced in this game like Claptrap.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

If there's one thing I learned from the Pre-Sequel before quitting, it's that you're no different from the psychopaths you kill.

Hey, Mordecai was cool! And considering that his appearance in Tales was from Fiona's perspective, it isn't beyond plausibility she'd try to make him look bad.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

RareAcumen posted:

I would love for people to dive in on these sentiments because I didn't finish either of the first two Borderlands games, never touched the Pre-Sequel and did watch Kaubocks' TftB LP so I'm wildly lost on things like 'characterization' for most of the people here that aren't obvious/introduced in this game like Claptrap.

Claptrap was once an interplanetary ninja assassin, and he lead an uprising of claptraps that wanted to kill or enslave all non-electronic life on pandora, he failed and was booted back to somewhat normal (for a clap trap) programing by the first games characters. That's kinda why nobody likes claptraps.

Then he got involved in the pre-sequal and that lead to jack deciding that all claptraps had to die just to make the main claptrap sad so here we are now. :shrug:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Klaus88 posted:

Claptrap was once an interplanetary ninja assassin

i cannot loving believe i had forgotten about this. like, completely. the entire wet fart of an ending of the first game, summed up in one sentence, had just entirely stopped existing in my brain until this moment.

what the christ

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Kaubocks posted:

i cannot loving believe i had forgotten about this. like, completely. the entire wet fart of an ending of the first game, summed up in one sentence, had just entirely stopped existing in my brain until this moment.

what the christ
Yeah, I had completely forgotten that, too, unless it was in some DLC I never got around to (I only did the Zombie Island DLC).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

Claptrap was once an interplanetary ninja assassin, and he lead an uprising of claptraps that wanted to kill or enslave all non-electronic life on pandora, he failed and was booted back to somewhat normal (for a clap trap) programing by the first games characters. That's kinda why nobody likes claptraps.

Then he got involved in the pre-sequal and that lead to jack deciding that all claptraps had to die just to make the main claptrap sad so here we are now. :shrug:

See, if you'd asked me why everyone hated Claptrap I would've just said 'Well, he's very obnoxious. Like Wheatly if he had another 15 IQ points' Had no idea he tried to kill all humans or anything.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

RareAcumen posted:

See, if you'd asked me why everyone hated Claptrap I would've just said 'Well, he's very obnoxious. Like Wheatly if he had another 15 IQ points' Had no idea he tried to kill all humans or anything.

Given that pretty much everything on pandora wants to kill all humans, I wouldn't really say that's much of a ground upon which to hold a grudge anyway. I think it is just because he's super annoying.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Reveilled posted:

Given that pretty much everything on pandora wants to kill all humans, I wouldn't really say that's much of a ground upon which to hold a grudge anyway. I think it is just because he's super annoying.

Yeah, I get that. It's like if Starscream was killing all the humans. It's not enough that he's genociding the planet but it's also this annoying rear end in a top hat doing it too that really makes it all the worse.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Unless you're playing with the community patch, spikers do have one use. If you have a low level spiker or Logan's Gun and an absorption shield, you can use it to refill your rockets using pistol ammo by shooting the ground and letting the darts explode in your face. You want it low level so you don't end up killing yourself in the process. Works especially well with The Sham.

In my opinion, Lilith is more emotionally unstable than actually evil. She did some questionably bad things, but she didn't really scheme them out too much. As others have said, all the characters are damaged morally in some way and some are just completely nuts. Jack is as close to pure evil as we've gotten so far in the series.

RareAcumen posted:

It was the Robot Revolution DLC for BL1. Since Markus gets killed off and Dr.Zed becomes a cyborg which you end up killing off, I wasn't sure the DLCs are considered canon.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 22, 2018

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
I'm kinda glad I can't post photos. There is SEXY Claptrap cosplay! http://fashionablygeek.com/t-shirts/cyborg-claptrap-cosplay/

Fire Storm fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 22, 2018

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Honestly, I'm a big fan of playing Krieg in this game because yeah all these people are goddamn monsters half the time, but YOU'RE WORSE. Which is the most beautiful thing imaginable.

Krieg is the monster monsters fear, and I love it.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mastersord posted:

It was the Robot Revolution DLC for BL1, I wasn't sure the DLCs are considered canon.

I thought the same thing but general Knoxx is referenced in BL2 so I think this series has bad writers and no uniform vision. Or I can't remember much about it.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Honestly, I'm a big fan of playing Krieg in this game because yeah all these people are goddamn monsters half the time, but YOU'RE WORSE. Which is the most beautiful thing imaginable.

Krieg is the monster monsters fear, and I love it.

So Krieg is secretly the Doomguy?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Didn't Zed have a brother in the zombie/Halloween dlc? "Ned", I think. Maybe he was the cyborg that turns up in the Claptrap dlc?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yea, it was Ned that showed up.

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

Dr. Ned, who is totally not Dr. Zed with a mustache glued to his surgeon's mask.

"I was never as good as my totally-not-made-up brother, Zed, and we're totally different people." -- Dr. Ned

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
What if the whole series is just Marcus’ Bunkers and Badasses campaign?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Reveilled posted:

What if the whole series is just Marcus’ Bunkers and Badasses campaign?

its Markus just telling some stories to some kiddos.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

Rigged Death Trap posted:

its Markus just telling some stories to some kiddos.

"You're adopted!"

(still my favorite Marcus quote)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i was skimming through this video to figure out what to call it and realized this is the episode where we decided to start saying bazinga all the time

i'm so sorry

Episode #06 - High Level Shirtless Men

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

Both Bloodshot maps are the most tight maps in the game. Doom map designers get clowned upon.

Fun fact: the Tinderbox that Flynt dropped completely clowns on every Nomad with an impenetrable shield, because it penetrates their shields. It melts any heavy kind of Nomad in the Bloodshot maps.

Less fun fact: The Shirtless Men are godawful brutal because the quest should have been given AFTER you did the Bloodshot thing, just like some other fun quests will be available after you do the Bloodshot thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

i was skimming through this video to figure out what to call it and realized this is the episode where we decided to start saying bazinga all the time

i'm so sorry

Episode #06 - High Level Shirtless Men

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjdxragMip4

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
I can only assume the framerate tanking represents the game responding to something even more annoying than Claptrap in the only appropriate way, and nope-ing right out.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad two entertaining LPers are playing this game, I couldn't get through it. I loved the story of tales and the gunplay of Borderlands 1, but Borderlands 2 was a big miss for me in both gunplay and story.

Nothing can ever replace the sheer viscereal feeling of firing a shotgun in Borderlands 1.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hello borderfriends! shortish episode today since we had to recover from the horrible stream crash of the last video. this episode contains some good-rear end combat, good-rear end music, and good-rear end mikey neumann

Episode #07: Mikey Neumann Appreciation Station

also oops i forgot to reply to some of these posts

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

Both Bloodshot maps are the most tight maps in the game. Doom map designers get clowned upon.

legit even deep into the OP levels i would run bloodshot dam for funsies. it just Rules

:hmmyes:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I forget, does the Friendship Gulag only exist for when you're too slow in rescuing Roland?

To this day I don't know if I'm imagining the Boomer bile on the survivor's face and smoke also being replaced and I don't want to know.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I think you can still get in to the gulag, though I don't remember if there's anything there.

So Loaders. Hyperion's expendable of choice! They are machines so corrosive is recommended. They have 4 weak points: 2 shoulder joints, the hips, and their chest canon. The shoulders and hips will eventually break off their arms and legs respectively. You will want to take out their gun arms first and then (especially in the case of exp-Loaders) you will want to take out their legs. In normal, you can also just kill them outright most of the time, but this is not always ideal. I believe most boss-type loaders have the same vulnerabilities. I recommend a good corrosive shotgun blast to the torso and/or chest because it's just plain satisfying!

Repair drones are plain annoying. They are fast, take forever to kill, and will run away and hide in FFYL mode. Even worse is that they repair Loaders and give them shields. If you must kill one, shoot it when it is flying toward you and make sure you have electric and corrosive weapons handy. I recommend pistols and/or SMGs with large capacity and fast fire rates. Watch out for their electric cannons which will destroy your shield!

Skags and Spiderants have weak-points in the mouth and butt respectively. Certain Spiderants can reflect bullets from their heads (just like in BL1). Fire is your best friend here!

Goliaths are fun! Enrage them and let them kill as many enemies as they can. Once they reach max level, they spawn with a Dahl chest on their back and if you can kill the badass, you can loot the chest. It was a good early game farming method.

Vehicle kills earn considerably less experience than normal kills on foot, however the game only counts the last shot that hits before death. You can use your vehicle to weaken and stun enemies so you can take them out easier.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 29, 2018

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

A sidequest sends you through the Gulag, you can visit any time, it's just full of the usual Hyperion enemy assortment with badasses guarding a couple loot chests. It's like the opposite of the Bloodshot maps, those are linear and tightly paced, while the Gulag is open and can turn into a street fighting mess if several groups of enemies get aggro'd. If the Bloodshot rescue goes so badly that Roland ends up there, it's a sudden stark change and real unfriendly.

Goliaths are fun! As they rank up, their loot table improves. The ones with the Dahl boxes are completely separate enemies aka Loot Goons, the contents of their chests are based on their original level and don't change when they rank up. They come in a few other variants, like One-Armed Bandits who carry slot machines, and Blasters who usually kill you with rocket launchers before you see them and they are the worst enemies. Stay tuned for more Goliath minutiae, having this in your head makes you popular at parties.

The mail delivery quest is gonna be in the quest log forever (also it's timed, even though the quest was left in that machine long ago). I like the quest area, one of the few places with water that won't kill you for falling in.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You also get sent there on a quest for SWAPPIN WEEAAPPONS!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Time to Bazinga was 17 seconds. Why

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

mastersord posted:

So Loaders. Hyperion's expendable of choice! They are machines so corrosive is recommended. They have 4 weak points: 2 shoulder joints, the hips, and their chest canon. The shoulders and hips will eventually break off their arms and legs respectively. You will want to take out their gun arms first and then (especially in the case of exp-Loaders) you will want to take out their legs. In normal, you can also just kill them outright most of the time, but this is not always ideal. I believe most boss-type loaders have the same vulnerabilities. I recommend a good corrosive shotgun blast to the torso and/or chest because it's just plain satisfying!

Repair drones are plain annoying. They are fast, take forever to kill, and will run away and hide in FFYL mode. Even worse is that they repair Loaders and give them shields. If you must kill one, shoot it when it is flying toward you and make sure you have electric and corrosive weapons handy. I recommend pistols and/or SMGs with large capacity and fast fire rates. Watch out for their electric cannons which will destroy your shield!

Skags and Spiderants have weak-points in the mouth and butt respectively. Certain Spiderants can reflect bullets from their heads (just like in BL1). Fire is your best friend here!

(Gaige voice) Aim at the ground, got it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Time to Bazinga was 17 seconds. Why

bazinga

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Id just like to say Loaders are my favorite enemies in BL2 (EXCEPT YOU RPG LOADERS gently caress YOU GO DIE) because of all the crit spots.
A Zer0 with massive crit boosting can tear through loaders like surgical swiss cheese

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I played the siren when I did this with my brothers. Her orb hold is handy for the flyers if you get annoyed while trying to aim at them.

This episode also reminded me that after I watched the Winter Soldier movie, I thought back to this game and realized that Captain America and Falcon just straight up are the annoying shield guy and the flying guy in shooter games.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
This LP made me look up wth bazinga is on wikipedia, my favorite info source, and while i'm not sure why shouting the genus of a certain species of australian jellyfish at each other is what passes for humour on twitch nowaways, i kinda like it in a non-sequitur kind of way, so carry on~

edit: tho i have to admit now that the name Moist Bazinga does start to make sense, well played

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 30, 2018

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Id just like to say Loaders are my favorite enemies in BL2 (EXCEPT YOU RPG LOADERS gently caress YOU GO DIE) because of all the crit spots.
A Zer0 with massive crit boosting can tear through loaders like surgical swiss cheese

As an Anarchy Gaige main, I've honestly never noticed this, thanks! I'm thinking of finally giving Salvador a go, and this looks like it'd be tons of help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Salvador is actually a great critfisher since the crit bonuses on guns stack when gunzerking. So if you have two guns with +200% crit damage, that stacks and both guns now do +400% more crit damage.
This can grow to insane levels with uniques and legendaries that do insane crit damage.