Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
pre:
1999	NFL	AFC	Central	6th	2	14	0		
2000	NFL	AFC	Central	6th	3	13	0		
2001	NFL	AFC	Central	3rd	7	9	0		
2002	NFL	AFC	North	2nd	9	7	0	Lost Wild Card Playoffs (at Steelers) 33–36	
2003	NFL	AFC	North	4th	5	11	0		
2004	NFL	AFC	North	4th	4	12	0		
2005	NFL	AFC	North	4th	6	10	0		
2006	NFL	AFC	North	4th	4	12	0		
2007	NFL	AFC	North	2nd	10	6	0		
2008	NFL	AFC	North	4th	4	12	0		
2009	NFL	AFC	North	4th	5	11	0		
2010	NFL	AFC	North	3rd	5	11	0		
2011	NFL	AFC	North	4th	4	12	0		
2012	NFL	AFC	North	4th	5	11	0		
2013	NFL	AFC	North	4th	4	12	0		
2014	NFL	AFC	North	4th	7	9	0		
2015	NFL	AFC	North	4th	3	13	0		
2016	NFL	AFC	North	4th	1	15	0		
2017	NFL	AFC	North	4th	0	16	0
pre:
1999	Tim Couch (14) / Ty Detmer (2)
2000	Doug Pederson (8) / Tim Couch (7) / Spergon Wynn (1)
2001	Tim Couch (16)
2002	Tim Couch (14) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
2003	Kelly Holcomb (8) / Tim Couch (8)
2004	Jeff Garcia (10) / Kelly Holcomb (2) / Luke McCown (4)
2005	Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
2006	Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
2007	Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
2008	Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2009	Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
2010	Colt McCoy (8) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
2011	Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
2012	Brandon Weeden (15) / Thad Lewis (1)
2013	Jason Campbell (8) / Brandon Weeden (5) / Brian Hoyer (3)
2014	Brian Hoyer (13) / Johnny Manziel (2)/ Connor Shaw (1)
2015	Josh McCown (8) / Johnny Manziel (6) / Austin Davis (2)
2016	Robert Griffin III (5) / Josh McCown (3) / Cody Kessler (8)
2017	DeShone Kizer (15) / Kevin Hogan (1)
pre:
Chris Palmer	1999–2000	32	5	27	0	.156
Butch Davis	2001–2004	58	24	34	0	.414
Terry Robiskie	2004–2004	6	1	5	0	.167
Romeo Crennel	2005–2008	64	24	40	0	.375
Eric Mangini	2009–2010	32	10	22	0	.313
Pat Shurmur	2011–2012	32	9	23	0	.281
Rob Chudzinski	2013–2013	16	4	12	0	.250
Mike Pettine	2014–2015	32	10	22	0	.313
Hue Jackson	2016–present	32	1	31	0	.031
pre:
James "Jimmy" Arthur Haslam III (born March 9, 1954) is the CEO of the Pilot Flying J truck stop chain
and along with wife, Dee, is owner of the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Literally the first segment is about LeBron.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
You need special toilet paper for RVs?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
That kid is awesome.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
:rip: Corey Coleman

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
That poo poo is contagious, brah.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Drew Stanton talkin’ big about high expectations.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Gregg Williams is a weirdo

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1027024024369618944

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Jarvis Landry rules

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

No poo poo I got a lozenge bitch

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
So literally nobody knows what's going on with Josh Brown, huh?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Yeesh I had no idea Hue brought so many Raiders assistant coaches with him

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Sent from my iPad posted:

No poo poo I got a lozenge bitch

Nvm gregg williams rules

What the gently caress are the Browns? This is the weirdest poo poo ever.

Todd Haley said hey coach we should dress some of the non-injured guys out so they can at least get mental reps

Hue said hey absolutely not I have a system that works

1 WIN IN TWO SEASONS

TODD HALEY THREW HIS BUCKET HAT

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 8, 2018

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I'm so glad that Todd Haley is someone else's problem now

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah, that coach's meeting was brutal. I can give Hue a pass on sitting specific players for preseason — maybe it's nonsense, but it's not the worst nonsense — but asking them to suit up for the benefit of the team is a good suggestion that deserves at least a pantomimed moment of consideration, and Hue just pulled out a bunch of transparent "I'm the coach and it's different from this chair" power-play bullshit and shut it down immediately. Anyone who watches this and thinks that Hue isn't part of the problem is a total moron.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Agreed.

Hue came off as a control freak who’s unwilling to even try new things. He also sounded patronizing when saying “Anyone else got something to say?” as if someone would actually follow up and put their neck on the line.

It’ll be interesting to see how long he and Haley last together - especially with Hue’s specialty being offense.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Haley is gonna be interim head coach before it's cold outside

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

rjmccall posted:

Yeah, that coach's meeting was brutal. I can give Hue a pass on sitting specific players for preseason — maybe it's nonsense, but it's not the worst nonsense — but asking them to suit up for the benefit of the team is a good suggestion that deserves at least a pantomimed moment of consideration, and Hue just pulled out a bunch of transparent "I'm the coach and it's different from this chair" power-play bullshit and shut it down immediately. Anyone who watches this and thinks that Hue isn't part of the problem is a total moron.

They weren't talking about pre season games, they were talking about veterans days off during training camp.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yes?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Todd Haley AND Gregg Williams as coordinators on the same drat team?!?!

This season is going to be undistilled comedy if you’re a Browns fan.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Blitz7x posted:

Jarvis Landry rules

If by "rules" you mean "is annoying and nowhere near as good as he thinks he is", I agree.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://twitter.com/KenCarman/status/1027214930234302464

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

mcmagic posted:

If by "rules" you mean "is annoying and nowhere near as good as he thinks he is", I agree.

Bless’m

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

That episode made me miss Tyrod. :(

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

What the hell is Wilford brimley doing coaching the OL

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Also it really seemed like the coaches were tuning him out towards the end of that meeting, but Hard Knocks is always going to adjust the editing to suit a narrative

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I love how Mayfield asked Dorsey if his name was Mr Dorsey at the airport.

The montage of Coleman (and others) dropping passes was a real nice touch.

BLESS'EM

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That Landry speech was loving fire. I've always felt the first episode of Hard Knocks is the least interesting and between that, backup QB toadie bitch, Mayfield choosing to sing Country Road of all loving things, and Dorsey making himself look like a tool, I am very excited for the rest. Go the loving Browns.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Tyrod seems really likeable

I had never actually heard John Dorsey speak or even seen him walk during his 3-4 years as KC GM, what an ogre

:lol: Haley, never change

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

4 wins in 3 years? :lol:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Hue crying alone at his desk is definitely going to become a meme, if it hasn't already. Sucks that it was cause most of his family fuckin died in a 2 week span, though, and not just because he suddenly realized that he's 1-31. That was rough.

Goober 4th string QB bitch owns.

I wonder if a single one of those guys would have written their WHYS down if the Hard Knocks producers didn't make them do it for the camera. It seemed like whenever someone was going off with a fiery speech, everyone else in the room was just staring at the ceiling hoping it would end.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 9, 2018

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If I played for the Browns, my WHY list would just be a piece of looseleaf paper with the word WHY written down on it with, like, 20 question marks after it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Man I want Carl to tell me how I can get 10% return on investment every year for the rest of my life.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
It's exactly as dysfunctional and strange as I expected Browns camp to be and Hue is a lot like I expected too. I kind of understand why he didn't want such a basic policy questioned but he's not great at talking to people which you'd hope is a skill a head coach would have. Landry's kind of weird and annoying but he said what needed to be said and he clearly is committed to the team and wants them to win so good on him. It's mean what they're doing to Brogarth or whatever his name is, although I guess they did make Baker buy the RV in the first place.

As far as the team goes I think they're going to be bad because of Hue. As far as the show goes I'm really enjoying it, hope there's more Tyrod.

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Also it really seemed like the coaches were tuning him out towards the end of that meeting, but Hard Knocks is always going to adjust the editing to suit a narrative

I think the team can refuse certain scenes from being included so if anything the overall picture is going to be a bit sunnier than it should be. Not to mention that the directors probably want redemptive, positive stories as well

Bigass Moth posted:

Man I want Carl to tell me how I can get 10% return on investment every year for the rest of my life.

I'm pretty sure he was just talking about interest in a savings account. I didn't check his math or anything but he was talking about a million dollars compounding interest over many years and when you think of a bunch of young guys who just got paid millions of dollars it's not horrible advice

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

speaking of editing they really don't let hue linger on the deaths in his family

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

John Brown posted:

Agreed.

Hue came off as a control freak who’s unwilling to even try new things. He also sounded patronizing when saying “Anyone else got something to say?” as if someone would actually follow up and put their neck on the line.

It’ll be interesting to see how long he and Haley last together - especially with Hue’s specialty being offense.

Yeah he's not a great communicator. He spoke his piece well about keeping guys healthy but didn't rebuke haley's dumb line about maybe not superstars but at least some core-ish pieces of the team (duke johnson) literally not doing anything despite basically just taking a day off and didn't seem to understand kitchen's point about having the guys on the sidelines. And then finishing it off with "this is my team and i'm running it my way" leading into "any questions" was dumb and just seems like a trap to get on hue's shitlist no matter the intentions.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

hifi posted:

Yeah he's not a great communicator. He spoke his piece well about keeping guys healthy but didn't rebuke haley's dumb line about maybe not superstars but at least some core-ish pieces of the team (duke johnson) literally not doing anything despite basically just taking a day off and didn't seem to understand kitchen's point about having the guys on the sidelines. And then finishing it off with "this is my team and i'm running it my way" leading into "any questions" was dumb and just seems like a trap to get on hue's shitlist no matter the intentions.

I actually agree with Haley because it's like yes injuries can happen, but you can't be so afraid of them you just put bubble wrap over the players and then they have no game readiness. I mean I can see if the Chargers did something like that but not the loving Browns who just finished 0-16 and need all the work they can get in training camp.

I would love to know who the other 7 teams were that Gregg Williams turned down, to coach the Browns who have a good chance of wiping out their entire coaching staff before the year is over.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Play posted:

I'm pretty sure he was just talking about interest in a savings account. I didn't check his math or anything but he was talking about a million dollars compounding interest over many years and when you think of a bunch of young guys who just got paid millions of dollars it's not horrible advice

???
He specifically said all you have to do is make 10% a year for 7 years to double your money and had 1 million going to 64 million in 6 years.

And not only that you don’t even need a financial advisor just do it yourself!

It’s probably the last thing young players need to hear as they will fall for many a scam trying to get this magical 10% on their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

TheBizzness posted:

???
He specifically said all you have to do is make 10% a year for 7 years to double your money and had 1 million going to 64 million in 6 years.

And not only that you don’t even need a financial advisor just do it yourself!

It’s probably the last thing young players need to hear as they will fall for many a scam trying to get this magical 10% on their own.

Yeah I didn't hear him right, I thought he said 40 years. I don't even want to know what kind of "investment opportunity" that is

I was laughing pretty hard at those drunk Browns fans though

Play fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 9, 2018

• Locked thread