Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yikes this first episode.

I mean. Holy poo poo. Cleveland. YIKES.

Hue Jackson will not get to Week 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The part I don't get is the organization has final say over what clips get used and they were fine with it

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
RE: Veteran practice

I remember Joe Thomas talking about how there was a point like maybe a few years in where it was just worse for him to actually practice than to just ride a bike on the sidelines and do meetings. Granted not everyone is Joe.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Chinatown posted:

Yikes this first episode.

I mean. Holy poo poo. Cleveland. YIKES.

Hue Jackson will not get to Week 8.

It will be interesting to see how long Tyrod starts if Hue gets fired early. Figure whoever replaces him will want Baker right away. Unless they win a few right away which is lol.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

It will be interesting to see how long Tyrod starts if Hue gets fired early. Figure whoever replaces him will want Baker right away. Unless they win a few right away which is lol.

It wouldn't surprise me. Tyrod is good and despite his insufferability Haley is a good coach. So long as the defense isn't a tire fire, I could see them beating the Jets week 3. Uh, not so much the Steelers and the Saints, though.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This is really beautifully shot at times. The guys taking the Lebron banner down, the bubbles, the drumming montage.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 9, 2018

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

TheBizzness posted:

???
He specifically said all you have to do is make 10% a year for 7 years to double your money and had 1 million going to 64 million in 6 years.

And not only that you don’t even need a financial advisor just do it yourself!

It’s probably the last thing young players need to hear as they will fall for many a scam trying to get this magical 10% on their own.

At 10% interest per year you'd have 1.95 times the original amount after seven years, which rounds pretty closely to 2. He said if you let your money double six times (i.e., don't touch it for 42 years), that $1 million becomes $64 million, which you can very easily retire on.

The real disconnects there are:

1) Assuming these players will have steady income for the next 42 years to the point they can afford not to touch their money until "retirement"
2)

Bigass Moth posted:

Man I want Carl to tell me how I can get 10% return on investment every year for the rest of my life.

Also, jesus christ Browns, Todd Haley and Gregg Williams? Is the goal to be as unlikable as possible? Does Gregg Williams choose his next job solely based on where Hard Knocks is going to be next?

As much as I hate him, this was pretty good:

Sent from my iPad posted:

No poo poo I got a lozenge bitch

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Watched the last half of the episode last night. Hue is such a loving boob and will get canned halfway through the season.

I’ve been a Browns fan my whole life but I had no clue Drew Stanton was on the team, let alone whoever the snackbitch was :lol:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Thought it was a good episode.

But, and I ask this question will all due respect...what would be reasons old Hue gets the axe halfway through the year?

I mean, obviously he doesn't have a stellar record thus far. I'm just curious on the tipping point.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Thought it was a good episode.

But, and I ask this question will all due respect...what would be reasons old Hue gets the axe halfway through the year?

I mean, obviously he doesn't have a stellar record thus far. I'm just curious on the tipping point.

I'd say throwing mayfield to the wolves after a string of losses and he gets hurt.

I think the only point teams are comfortable firing a coach now is during the bye week break, and that part of the schedule is brutal. Their only possible wins are NYJ, TB, and ??? Oakland?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I remember Joe Thomas talking about how there was a point like maybe a few years in where it was just worse for him to actually practice than to just ride a bike on the sidelines and do meetings. Granted not everyone is Joe.

Fair but you have to realize at least some of the players who weren't practicing were WRs at least from Landrys perspective. Wrs especially with a new QB not getting experienced running routes or not learning the right plays or not developing any repoire with the QB is not good especially since alot of good teams pass with precise timing.

I think teams can take it easier with RB/FB, and Oline/Dline.
But LBs, all secondary, TE, QBs, and WRs, all should be there. And for an 0-16 team every single player needs to be there if anyone is going to take the Browns seriously.

Hue I hate to say it but hes a weak-minded coach at a time when the Browns need someone who is very clear with his expectations of his players. I'm not saying a total rear end in a top hat like Schiano but someone with an authoritative or disciplined voice who isnt coaching like hes afraid.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This actually sounds like a particularly interesting season of Hard Knocks.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Is it just me or did Baker sort of brush off Hue when he was telling him to come in for early workouts like Tyrod? Got a serious vibe of 'Whatever bruh you won't even be here in a year.'

There's no nice way to say this, and I don't mean to diminish his accomplishments, but Hue to me seems like one of those guys who will and should naturally top out at coordinator.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I kinda read it as Tyrod gets there early as hell, way before everyone else and that works for him, but if you want everyone to show up at that time then say that’s what time they’re supposed to show up. I feel like I’d have the same reaction if my boss was like “hey you should work an extra few hours every day because that one guy in the office does it.”

If Hue wants the players to show up at X time and Tyrod shows up at X-2 then either be happy that Tyrod is doing extra or make the new time X-2. Don’t make a big deal out of players not willingly showing up before they need to report.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Is it just me or did Baker sort of brush off Hue when he was telling him to come in for early workouts like Tyrod? Got a serious vibe of 'Whatever bruh you won't even be here in a year.'

There's no nice way to say this, and I don't mean to diminish his accomplishments, but Hue to me seems like one of those guys who will and should naturally top out at coordinator.

Yeah, it really seemed like Hue was trying to help Mayfield start out on the right foot and Mayfield all but rolled his eyes at it.

It was a great first episode. It was kind of sad to see the impassioned speeches Hue and Landry gave about turning things around, then realize different people have probably given those speeches every year since 2000.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Do the opposite of whatever Hue says and you’ll have a great career.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

I still can't loving believe the Bills benched Tyrod

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah and I can understand why Hue wouldn't want such a foundational policy questioned. But it seemed like what they were questioning was actually WHO gets to have veterans days off. The other coaches wanted it to be only guys that had proved themselves utterly to the team. Joe Thomas is probably on of the only Browns who that really would apply to. For sure none of the receivers have earned that.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Watched the last half of the episode last night. Hue is such a loving boob and will get canned halfway through the season.

I've been a Browns fan my whole life but I had no clue Drew Stanton was on the team, let alone whoever the snackbitch was :lol:

I'm pretty sure his name is Brogarth or something which is pretty lol

It's gonna be a good season of Hard Knocks, Tyrod I love you

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Sent from my iPad posted:

I still can't loving believe the Bills benched Tyrod

This statline from the Saints game got him benched : 9/18, 56 yards, 1 int and a 33 QB Rating. Billieve.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

hifi posted:

I'd say throwing mayfield to the wolves after a string of losses and he gets hurt.

I think the only point teams are comfortable firing a coach now is during the bye week break, and that part of the schedule is brutal. Their only possible wins are NYJ, TB, and ??? Oakland?

Yeah, thanks. A lot of us view the Browns as some diseased fishbowl waiting for everything to die and then have to explain that "Bubbie" the goldfish needs to be flushed down the toilet just so we can end the charade to a five year old.

But at the same time, I'm intrigued with a lot of talent. I dunno, I guess that it is football.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Pat McAfee isn't impressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiqEFM6_LME

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

At 10% interest per year you'd have 1.95 times the original amount after seven years, which rounds pretty closely to 2. He said if you let your money double six times (i.e., don't touch it for 42 years), that $1 million becomes $64 million, which you can very easily retire on.

The real disconnects there are:

1) Assuming these players will have steady income for the next 42 years to the point they can afford not to touch their money until "retirement"
2)

Yeah I screwed up the second half of that equation somehow, but my point is the same. Where are you getting 10% annually while investing on your own (as an NFL player with no knowledge of such things)

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

Yeah I screwed up the second half of that equation somehow, but my point is the same. Where are you getting 10% annually while investing on your own (as an NFL player with no knowledge of such things)

Absolutely, 10% is outrageous to say "just do this on your own and get this rate." It is a round number and sounds a lot sexier than saying you can double your money in 23.5 years at 3%.

The good news for them if they get that 10% is they have a solid investment banking career waiting if the NFL doesn't work out.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
If you spend 2 hours a day on instagram you're spending one month every year on instagram.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Why be nice about it? Dude is going down as one of the worst head coaches in the history of football.

schmug
May 20, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

If you spend 2 hours a day on instagram you're spending one month every year on instagram.

This is actually spot on and it makes me sad.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

...what about 3-4hrs on the forums?

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1027972902854045697

https://twitter.com/NicholasBucceri/status/1027975645421363203

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I have to admit, that was cute.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the first episode is legally free for a limited time

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1027984043495776256

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

That man looks scared. Like a bunch of naked people in animal masks just started shuffling single file through the door in the middle of lunch.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

That man looks scared. Like a bunch of naked people in animal masks just started shuffling single file through the door in the middle of lunch.

He'd probably enjoy that more than the conversation he was having.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Wouldn't that be a normal day at Brown's HQ?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I'm guessing this gif will see a lot of use this season.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Todd Haley is a swinger with a urinal installed in his master bedroom. I pray to the heavens he assumes his rightful spot as the head on an NFL team again.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

fsif posted:

Todd Haley is a swinger with a urinal installed in his master bedroom. I pray to the heavens he assumes his rightful spot as the head on an NFL team again.

I need Haley to coach a team because he had some of the greatest .gifs of all time : snap the loving ball Brodie....snap. the. loving. ball.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

pasaluki posted:

I need Haley to coach a team because he had some of the greatest .gifs of all time : snap the loving ball Brodie....snap. the. loving. ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88mxKNPHkdY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hard Knocks HYPE

• Locked thread