Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Where the hell am I supposed to watch this thing. I used to have a link to a stream of each episode but I can't find it anywhere and there weren't torrents either apparently. The xfinity account I have access to isn't working either, and neither is HBO Go. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmug
May 20, 2007

Play posted:

Where the hell am I supposed to watch this thing. I used to have a link to a stream of each episode but I can't find it anywhere and there weren't torrents either apparently. The xfinity account I have access to isn't working either, and neither is HBO Go. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

https://www.cabletv.com/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Play posted:

Consider yourself blessed.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Edit: wrong thread.

While I'm here, not sure why anybody would have trouble seeing it through HBO Go. We're uh borrowing access from a relative's account (with their permission) and haven't had any issues so far. I believe that new episodes show up a day later though.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I was able to start watching Episode 1 at like 10:02pm the night it aired. I haven't been able to watch "live" since, so I normally catch it the next morning.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'll say this for the Browns, their offices and facilities look awesome.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Remember when their nasty locker room gave that guy staph and ended his career? Good times

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It's amazing what you can afford when you defrad the customers of your trucking company.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Also, imagine what the other 31 facilities of teams who give more of a gently caress than the Browns must be like

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Docjowles posted:

Also, imagine what the other 31 facilities of teams who give more of a gently caress than the Browns must be like

Ive heard Dallas has a gold gym.

I mean seriously a gym made out pure gold.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Browns have completely torn out and rebuilt their offices like every time they get a new coach or GM.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bigass Moth posted:

The Browns have completely torn out and rebuilt their offices like every time they get a new coach or GM.

I wonder how many different construction companies' contracts they are still on the hook for.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I found a torrent. Okay episode but nothing too interesting. Hue still seems incompetent, he has this weird combination of passivity and ego. A lot of times he just goes along with what other people suggest even if it's a horrible idea (ex: Tyrod playing after being badly hurt, tons of other stuff) but then in the most random situations he'll put his foot down so everyone is reminded who's boss. It's a very ineffective management style imo.

One episode left and it's just the last preseason game which should be fun, and then cuts which usually I only watch to see who gets cut, the meetings are too cringey for me and I get angry at the cliches spouted by the coaches in all those meetings

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Play posted:

One episode left and it's just the last preseason game which should be fun, and then cuts which usually I only watch to see who gets cut, the meetings are too cringey for me and I get angry at the cliches spouted by the coaches in all those meetings

Don't forget about the insider trading

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Have juice, blond qb guy, and undersized family guy end all been cut yet?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Not sure juice is going to get cut, he's had some decent performances in the preseason. Not sure about Orchard either. But cut day is Saturday so we'll know then

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That reminds me, I really enjoyed seeing the glimpses of young guys learning 1:1 with the veterans. Callaway grinding tape with Landry, or Cajuste working on his blocking form with Darren Fells over and over and over. Cool to see the older dudes stepping up into that role. And cool to see the rookie/roster bubble guys working their asses off to get better, even if statistically they're pretty likely to be cut soon.

Those little day-in-the-life bits are way more interesting than "lol some dipshit country star gave a pep talk to the browns".

I have to believe 4th string QB doofus is gone because who the gently caress carries 4 QB's. He's not even listed the clevelandbrowns.com roster page. Could go either way on the other dudes, though. Cajuste and Orchard both seem useful enough to play for the dang Browns, even if they are pretty flawed.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Docjowles posted:

I have to believe 4th string QB doofus is gone because who the gently caress carries 4 QB's. He's not even listed the clevelandbrowns.com roster page. Could go either way on the other dudes, though. Cajuste and Orchard both seem useful enough to play for the dang Browns, even if they are pretty flawed.

Brogan Roback best named player on the team is in fact cut as of today.

Nov 6, 2002

Cajuste is going to have lots of time to polish his crystals very soon brother.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He looks like he should be the villain in a Karate Kid movie, not an NFL quarterback.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
He looks like a skinny, dopey Biff.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

:rip: snack bitch, he seemed like a decent if dopey guy who should indeed be on the All-Name team

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
He reminds me of Jake Busey from Starship Troopers.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hard Knocks is pretty much all of the involvement my wife has with football outside of half-watching some games, so comments like this always make me laugh:

(I now know it's 72, not 74, but she doesn't care).

jase1 posted:

That is completely on the nose.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

jase1 posted:

Haha holy poo poo, cannot be unseen.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Docjowles posted:

:rip: snack bitch, he seemed like a decent if dopey guy who should indeed be on the All-Name team

I think he gets signed to the practice squad, or another team nabs him on waivers. He didn't look awful last night

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Agreed, but it’s also important to note that he was facing the other team’s cannon fodder “we would also be human interest stories if we were on Hard Knocks” squad. You don’t even make 4th string for the Browns if you can’t look ok in that situation.

Hope he makes the practice squad and does something cool with his life :unsmith:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Agreed, but it’s also important to note that he was facing the other team’s cannon fodder “we would also be human interest stories if we were on Hard Knocks” squad. You don’t even make 4th string for the Browns if you can’t look ok in that situation.

Hope he makes the practice squad and does something cool with his life :unsmith:

To be fair he got signed as camp fodder and never had a chance.

1.Tyrod as bridge and starter
2. Mayfield as back up and future starter
3. Stanton as veteran Mentor

Nov 6, 2002

4th string quarterbacks are camp bodies who are there to throw to the scrubs. The best they can hope for is to catch on to a practice squad or for a futures contract after the inevitable cut.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

4th string quarterbacks are camp bodies who are there to throw to the scrubs. The best they can hope for is to catch on to a practice squad or for a futures contract after the inevitable cut.

Especially if it's some local boy who probably visited browns/bengals training camp as a kid and was brought along as a favor.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Flikken posted:

To be fair he got signed as camp fodder and never had a chance.

1.Tyrod as bridge and starter
2. Mayfield as back up and future starter
3. Stanton as veteran Mentor

Stanton's on a 2 year deal which people love to point out, but I can see them trying to hold onto Brobie on the PS and see if they feel comfortable with him for next year as backup. Stanton is pretty much Baker's paid mentor anyway like you said, so given how polished he's already looked I can see that ending early. I don't think Mayfield is the type who is going to need his hand held for much longer this year, not to mention beyond.

Every shot I've seen during the preseason, Stanton has been around Mayfield like glue, especially after a series on the bench talking over what they're seeing on the Surface and such. Great guy for it.

Brogan looked like solid backup material. Zip on his throws, enough arm to make the various NFL throws people scream about, didn't act like a panic stricken fool even if he was playing against 4th string camp bodies.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I think Brogan gets nabbed on waivers personally, he's gotten a lot more attention than UDFA rookie QBs normally get thanks to Hard Knocks. And since he didn't look awful in his only playing time someone will want him as a project.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

For anyone wondering what happened to the two darlings of the show:

Juice: cut, did not clutch the proper crystals today

Orchard: he gone, and more text to make this ambiguous

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Carl Nassib got cut, pretty shocked by that since he’s pretty decent.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Bigass Moth posted:

Carl Nassib got cut, pretty shocked by that since he’s pretty decent.

Lions need to sign him. He's ten percent better than any DE we have.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Also, based on his genetics he's only going to live to about 45 years old.

Lol if you think his dads heart problems are from anything other than a lifetime of steroid abuse. They don’t call it strong island for nuttin kid

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hizawk posted:

Lions need to sign him. He's ten percent better than any DE we have.

Tampa claimed him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I liked Hue telling BY FAR the best QB on his team that he's "earned" the right to be the backup. Never change Browns.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Put your testicles in the C-gap!

Seriously though, gently caress that episode. 30 minutes of players getting cut. Ugh.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Put your testicles in the C-gap!

Seriously though, gently caress that episode. 30 minutes of players getting cut. Ugh.

And zero feel-good stories about someone making the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nassib basically did before he didn't. Also, the feel good story is the browns are cutting decent players because their team might actually be decent O_O

• Locked thread