Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

So, like, is there even a school of soft knocks? How do they know that the knocks are hard if there is nothing to compare them to? Iunno I'm just asking questions.

I think they did a good job of humanizing Hue. He seems less like an unlikeable, arrogant jerk and more like a dope who's in over his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Trying to understand Jarvis's explanation of his catchphrase hurt my brain. I mean I guess it's cool if it keeps him motivated but I really hope we don't have to listen to that 200 times per episode this season.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Looking forward to the "Hue gets fired" episode.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

In the story of the Cleveland Browns, John Malkovich has to play Todd Haley.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
So the episode isn't showing until 2:30am?

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Why the gently caress is HBO not putting Hard Knocks on HBONOW when it airs?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

rjmccall posted:

Not what they originally advertised, either. Watching it anyway :twisted:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Hey, it's up.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Quiet Feet posted:

In the story of the Cleveland Browns, John Malkovich has to play Todd Haley.

Holy poo poo, that's perfect.

Man, Antonio Callaway is dumb as poo poo. I wouldn't be surprised if isn't lying either, because that would have been the smart thing to do and I don't think he's smart enough.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
D'aww, such an endearing episode.

...well, the end of it anyway.

I thought NFL teams had messed-up arrangements with cops to get notified about arrests involving players? But it sounded like Jackson and Dorsey legit had no idea until the story started breaking.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

rjmccall posted:

because youre in the wrong timezone.

Time zOwned idiot!!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

So, like, is there even a school of soft knocks? How do they know that the knocks are hard if there is nothing to compare them to?

Look at the people running the government you moron.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Juice's inevitable cut was made pretty hard to take after watching this one

They seem to find more likeable "no chance in hell" guys every year

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Hue is just tragic.

He wont play otherwise healthy players because hes worried that they will get injured, but plays Calloway the entire game and has no problem exposing him to injury.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Who could name their baby Carl?

Also the s&p does grow at an average rate of 10% and it's easy as all gently caress to do it yourself so I mean I don't think Carl is wrong bless him

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Todd Haley and Gregg Williams on the same staff sure makes for some entertaining t.v.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Veskit posted:

Also the s&p does grow at an average rate of 10% and it's easy as all gently caress to do it yourself so I mean I don't think Carl is wrong bless him

Well, in nominal pre-tax returns at least. But even factoring in taxes it’s around 8-9%, so it’s not far off at all.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

rjmccall posted:

Well, in nominal pre-tax returns at least. But even factoring in taxes it’s around 8-9%, so it’s not far off at all.

that isn't sexy though. 64 million dollars is hella sexy.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

If a television exec doesn't give Todd Haley and his wife a massive reality TV deal then Hollywood is well and truly lost

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

rjmccall posted:

The problem was Nassib saying it was interest. That's what was confusing that guy. You aren't getting a 10% interest rate anywhere. He's confusing interest with investment in the stock market.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Sataere posted:

The problem was Nassib saying it was interest. That's what was confusing that guy. You aren't getting a 10% interest rate anywhere. He's confusing interest with investment in the stock market.

This is basically how people think the stock market works anyways so whatever

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

"Corey Coleman and his 10,000 shoes are being shipped off to buffalo" had me laughing.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Hue needed Tyrod to tell him to show people dragging rear end in practice. And Hue didn't even do what Tyrod was saying to do. He said show them walking off and on the field like lazy fucks.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Veskit posted:

I thought he wasn't talking about ten percent returns every year. He's talking about the compound interest over 7 years which when you divide by year would amount to 10%. But if you take it out after one year it's actually a lot less than that. Or maybe he's talking about investing, who loving knows

Athanatos posted:

Hue needed Tyrod to tell him to show people dragging rear end in practice. And Hue didn't even do what Tyrod was saying to do. He said show them walking off and on the field like lazy fucks.

We don't know what Hue said or didn't say because we were only shown a tiny fraction of the meeting. But you're right, Tyrod Taylor for head coach/starting quarterback.

Anyways, this episode was pretty standard hard knocks fare. Having seen the preseason game I knew what to expect, and there wasn't really anything that stood out this episode except for the heartwarming relationship between Juice and his dad. I definitely expect next episode to be more interesting, as I've heard some juicy poo poo about fights and arguments between both players and coaches. The joint practices are bound to be interesting and then the game with Buffalo should be as well, given Tyro'd's history there as well as Corey Coleman being traded there the week before.

Play fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 15, 2018

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Speaking of Buffalo.
They have their own mini hard-knocks video series they are showing on facebook first.

They have a very different coaching style than the Browns.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=300983220662488&id=415107769011000

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Finally got to watch the ep, and my main takeaway is that Tyrod absolutely owns. Obviously TV will show what it wants to show, but he seems like an amazing leader and exactly what the Browns need right now. Hopefully the Browns don't ruin him. ...they will, cause Browns QB Hydra, but he doesn't deserve it :smith:

Also, what the Christ was going on with Haley hanging upside down in that batcave contraption???

Play
Apr 25, 2006

That contraption is for bad backs to get the spine less compacted. That's my best guess anyways

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Finally got to watch the ep, and my main takeaway is that Tyrod absolutely owns. Obviously TV will show what it wants to show, but he seems like an amazing leader and exactly what the Browns need right now. Hopefully the Browns don't ruin him. ...they will, cause Browns QB Hydra, but he doesn't deserve it :smith:

Also, what the Christ was going on with Haley hanging upside down in that batcave contraption???

I wanna say those are called inversion tables? My father-in-law got one for his back and he swore it helped a lot. He messed up his spine a couple of times back when he was working.

But hey, what are the odds that TWO crappy stupid franchises treat Tyrod Taylor like garbage!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gregg Williams is loving insane.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
First episode watch - I’ve been in Europe so haven’t gotten to watch.

Hue is ok so far
Landry v annoying with that bless em
Dudes a fierce competitor so he’ll Do well tho
Tuh rod

Play
Apr 25, 2006

pasaluki posted:

Speaking of Buffalo.
They have their own mini hard-knocks video series they are showing on facebook first.

They have a very different coaching style than the Browns.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=300983220662488&id=415107769011000

It's not really fair to compare what is essentially marketing materials to hard knocks which is not made by the team. Still, good video. There's a Titans series and a Jets series (One Jets Drive) on YouTube that are alright themselves. Probably the one thing that makes me feel okay for the Bills is that I do believe Sean McDermott is a good coach

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Every team puts out that propaganda garbage it’s just tff usually isn’t the type of fan to buy into it

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Play posted:

That contraption is for bad backs to get the spine less compacted. That's my best guess anyways

As the poster below you said, it’s called an inversion table and it’s exactly what you suggested.

I can only hang about 90-120 seconds before I can’t take the blood rush to my head anymore but I can feel relief after just that small time frame.

I’ve heard some miracle stories, and a few where it hurt more than helped. Consult your physician!

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Play posted:

It's not really fair to compare what is essentially marketing materials to hard knocks which is not made by the team. Still, good video. There's a Titans series and a Jets series (One Jets Drive) on YouTube that are alright themselves. Probably the one thing that makes me feel okay for the Bills is that I do believe Sean McDermott is a good coach

To be fair the team involved does get final say on what footage HBO is allowed to use for Hard Knocks. HBO does seem to get away with a lot but I would love to see what gets left on the cutting room floor.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

To be fair the team involved does get final say on what footage HBO is allowed to use for Hard Knocks. HBO does seem to get away with a lot but I would love to see what gets left on the cutting room floor.

I always wonder how far that privilege extends? It can't be limitless or else some coaches would keep a lot more stuff off. In any case it for sure gives you a clearer idea than in house hype videos, which are fine but definitely a different genre

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah it’s really not at all that limited and the NFL has final say more than the actual team.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Cajuste is getting insanely cut.

rsjr
Nov 2, 2002

yay for protoss being so simple that retards can win with it

Bip Roberts posted:

Cajuste is getting insanely cut.

His dad is dying and he’s getting cut in the same week. Quote me when it comes true.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
BLESS EM

https://twitter.com/PatChiesa/status/1029486663016345601?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/barstoolbigcat/status/1032095333684273152?s=21

• Locked thread