Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

hifi posted:

Yeah he's not a great communicator. He spoke his piece well about keeping guys healthy but didn't rebuke haley's dumb line about maybe not superstars but at least some core-ish pieces of the team (duke johnson) literally not doing anything despite basically just taking a day off and didn't seem to understand kitchen's point about having the guys on the sidelines. And then finishing it off with "this is my team and i'm running it my way" leading into "any questions" was dumb and just seems like a trap to get on hue's shitlist no matter the intentions.

I actually agree with Haley because it's like yes injuries can happen, but you can't be so afraid of them you just put bubble wrap over the players and then they have no game readiness. I mean I can see if the Chargers did something like that but not the loving Browns who just finished 0-16 and need all the work they can get in training camp.

I would love to know who the other 7 teams were that Gregg Williams turned down, to coach the Browns who have a good chance of wiping out their entire coaching staff before the year is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Ches Neckbeard posted:

RE: Veteran practice

I remember Joe Thomas talking about how there was a point like maybe a few years in where it was just worse for him to actually practice than to just ride a bike on the sidelines and do meetings. Granted not everyone is Joe.

Fair but you have to realize at least some of the players who weren't practicing were WRs at least from Landrys perspective. Wrs especially with a new QB not getting experienced running routes or not learning the right plays or not developing any repoire with the QB is not good especially since alot of good teams pass with precise timing.

I think teams can take it easier with RB/FB, and Oline/Dline.
But LBs, all secondary, TE, QBs, and WRs, all should be there. And for an 0-16 team every single player needs to be there if anyone is going to take the Browns seriously.

Hue I hate to say it but hes a weak-minded coach at a time when the Browns need someone who is very clear with his expectations of his players. I'm not saying a total rear end in a top hat like Schiano but someone with an authoritative or disciplined voice who isnt coaching like hes afraid.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

That man looks scared. Like a bunch of naked people in animal masks just started shuffling single file through the door in the middle of lunch.

He'd probably enjoy that more than the conversation he was having.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

fsif posted:

Todd Haley is a swinger with a urinal installed in his master bedroom. I pray to the heavens he assumes his rightful spot as the head on an NFL team again.

I need Haley to coach a team because he had some of the greatest .gifs of all time : snap the loving ball Brodie....snap. the. loving. ball.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Hue is just tragic.

He wont play otherwise healthy players because hes worried that they will get injured, but plays Calloway the entire game and has no problem exposing him to injury.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Speaking of Buffalo.
They have their own mini hard-knocks video series they are showing on facebook first.

They have a very different coaching style than the Browns.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=300983220662488&id=415107769011000

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Most of the Browns coaches are garbage but that Oline coach is like this... manifestation of the quintessential Oline coach.

The guy just seems like something out of a legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Docjowles posted:

Also, imagine what the other 31 facilities of teams who give more of a gently caress than the Browns must be like

Ive heard Dallas has a gold gym.

I mean seriously a gym made out pure gold.

• Locked thread