Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

TheBizzness posted:

???
He specifically said all you have to do is make 10% a year for 7 years to double your money and had 1 million going to 64 million in 6 years.

And not only that you don’t even need a financial advisor just do it yourself!

It’s probably the last thing young players need to hear as they will fall for many a scam trying to get this magical 10% on their own.

At 10% interest per year you'd have 1.95 times the original amount after seven years, which rounds pretty closely to 2. He said if you let your money double six times (i.e., don't touch it for 42 years), that $1 million becomes $64 million, which you can very easily retire on.

The real disconnects there are:

1) Assuming these players will have steady income for the next 42 years to the point they can afford not to touch their money until "retirement"
2)

Bigass Moth posted:

Man I want Carl to tell me how I can get 10% return on investment every year for the rest of my life.

Also, jesus christ Browns, Todd Haley and Gregg Williams? Is the goal to be as unlikable as possible? Does Gregg Williams choose his next job solely based on where Hard Knocks is going to be next?

As much as I hate him, this was pretty good:

Sent from my iPad posted:

No poo poo I got a lozenge bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Is it just me or did Baker sort of brush off Hue when he was telling him to come in for early workouts like Tyrod? Got a serious vibe of 'Whatever bruh you won't even be here in a year.'

There's no nice way to say this, and I don't mean to diminish his accomplishments, but Hue to me seems like one of those guys who will and should naturally top out at coordinator.

Yeah, it really seemed like Hue was trying to help Mayfield start out on the right foot and Mayfield all but rolled his eyes at it.

It was a great first episode. It was kind of sad to see the impassioned speeches Hue and Landry gave about turning things around, then realize different people have probably given those speeches every year since 2000.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

Yeah I screwed up the second half of that equation somehow, but my point is the same. Where are you getting 10% annually while investing on your own (as an NFL player with no knowledge of such things)

Absolutely, 10% is outrageous to say "just do this on your own and get this rate." It is a round number and sounds a lot sexier than saying you can double your money in 23.5 years at 3%.

The good news for them if they get that 10% is they have a solid investment banking career waiting if the NFL doesn't work out.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Both of these are true:

Professor Funk posted:

To be clear: he owns and I want to be pals with him.

Professor Funk posted:

I loved that Cajuste scene. "Hey FYI, this guy who you all are rooting for is a complete loving wacko."

"I'm even getting a little light headed just holding this one."

Also, based on his genetics he's only going to live to about 45 years old.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Hard Knocks is pretty much all of the involvement my wife has with football outside of half-watching some games, so comments like this always make me laugh:

(I now know it's 72, not 74, but she doesn't care).

jase1 posted:

He reminds me of Jake Busey from Starship Troopers.

That is completely on the nose.

• Locked thread