Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm hoping we'll see what current tech for stompy robots looks like with the horizon zero dawn tv show. It's pre plague so I'd assume there's going to be footage of the deathbringers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, but in the old novels pilots get sad when they get upgraded from Locusts too

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Gray death trilogy + the warrior trilogy provide some nice background on the return of technology to the inner sphere and the fourth succession war

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm not going to claim the warrior trilogy is well written, it's just a good groundwork for a lot of the poo poo going on pre clan invasion. Fourth succession war, word of Blake and ComStar shenanigans, kell hounds stuff, etc

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ilmucche posted:

The 4p is the best mech

I've been playing the bot campaign in mekhq. 4p and a pilot with medium laser spec and it's just a blender

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FishFood posted:

I read all 3 of the Jade Phoenix books in a so I don't remember which parts are in which book. I liked the trilogy for the most part, so I'm wondering what makes part 2 so awful? Not trying to bait an argument, I'm genuinely curious.

iirc book 2 is where he's pretending to be freeborn and helps defend the one guy's genetic material, then declares he's really a criminal that deserves a bloodname and goes into the trial.

3 is all about tukayyid

honestly I liked 2 more than 1 because it gives a better feel for the castes and how much the clans poo poo on freeborns

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Saint Celestine posted:

The reddit one is fairly active

The megamek discord has channels for not-megamek battletech too

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
WDYM, it's not like they killed all their scientists or anything

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't really know why you'd waste a drop ship bay on an urbie when you could stuff two locusts in there instead

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

General Battuta posted:

So it's NOT named for J. Edgar Hoover!?

Nope, it's the guy from Bosch

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

So in about a month CGL will announce some new forcepacks (Probably the rumored faction packs they've been planning for a while) at a con.

Just a full lance of

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Do you call your defensive front the purple people eaters?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Saint Celestine posted:

As someone whos never used LAMs before, whats the advantage? they can just transform from aerospace to mech right?

They're directly ripped from robotech: plane, mech, hybrid

They have no real advantages over just deploying a plane or mech (not that that stops me from using them in my scout lances in mekhq)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
What he's saying is that you should field nothing but flashmans

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
And you might as well just go home if it starts raining

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Clan Drop Bear

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Atlas Hugged posted:

Just take a bunch of Hatchet- and Axmans because a hatchet is like a knifey-spoony.

Fear the Wombat IIC

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Owlbear Camus posted:

salvage pack: Catapult with legs for Arms and also legs for legs

Biblically accurate catapult

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If anyone is interested in the novels, humble has a big pack for sale

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/battletech-fiction-collection-catalyst-game-labs-books

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

NinjaDebugger posted:

Goddamn, that's impressive through my crappy photos. The jenners are going to get some kitbashing, and I May have to replace guns/missiles on some stuff, but I'm gonna have some fun with them.

It's just too bad you didn't have that second pack organized slightly differently, we could have had a new badger song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If you're gonna bring a tank to a mech fight it better have long range weapons and a turret. Like an Alacorn.