Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Richter: Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Simon: Castlevania 1

They arent in many games all things considered.

This, although Super Castlevania 4 is an honorable mention for Simon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

The only version of the Richter Belmont game Rondo Of Blood is japanese only and was only available on the Wii virtual console which I think is permanently down now. So you'd have to use a TurboGrafX emulator or play the PSP version that looks ugly.

The PSP remake has the original version unlockable

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

What about Judgement or whatever the extremely lovely Wii game is called. Is Simon in that

Yeah he is but Richter isn't :wtc:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

Richter: Rondo of Blood. If emulating PC-Engine sounds like a pain it was released on Wii VC and as part of Dracula X Chronicles on the PSP (which also has a 2.5D remake if you actually like that style). Everyone tells me the SNES Dracula X is just Rondo but worse so skip it.

For Simon play 1 and 3, skip 2 it's non linear in a dumb and confusing way. Super Castlevania 4 is also fun but very easy by Castlevania standards. Great graphics for the time though.

3 is Trevor not Simon. But it's still excellent

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nostradingus posted:

What's the best way to play Rondo without emulating?

Edit: I guess this was answered earlier and the answer is "you basically can't." hell. poo poo.

Unlock the original version in the PSP remake

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEAJZwCOSig

Both games have Richter!

It's coming out on PS4 just in time for Halloween. :drac:

Nice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Actually it looks like it’s the PSP versions emulated in Sony’s PSP emulator like Parappa and Locoroco

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

You should all buy saturns though and import the lovely idol games where you can choose a bg and watch fmv of people dancing over them

We should all buy Sega CDs and play burned copies of Make My Video: Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

buy a broken model 1 sega cd and send it to me, i just wanna put it under my genesis to look cool

Hell, same

• Locked thread