Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Juri-Sama!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Saionji. Yeah, I don't know, I just like making terrible decisions.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Touga believed us

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Juri It's a fencing hall, and we've already established that Saijonji gets his rear end kicked by Chigusa.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Has someone linked Nanami's theme from the musical yet?

Someone should do that, hmmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdugBR7kGLc

Also: Let's go with Juri this time, in the hopes of actually getting an ending with someone

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Juri is the obvious choice here.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I love Nanami she's the best character.

Juri

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sum Gai posted:

Saionji. Yeah, I don't know, I just like making terrible decisions.

:getin:

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Juri. Let's take an excellent fencer in case we run into trouble.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Juri yuri. :v:

Her experience with fencing and gaming will probably be of great help.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Juri because maybe we shower again?

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Juri! Save us!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

All aboard the Sayonji Train

Because maybe we get to shower with him

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Veloxyll posted:

All aboard the Sayonji Train

Toot Toot for trainwreck city.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Juri

The Saionji Poor Life Choices crew must not succeed.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

RickVoid posted:

Juri

The Saionji Poor Life Choices crew must not succeed.

Did you finish watching the series? If so, what did you think? Feel free to make use of spoiler bars.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Still going for the Juri Good Life Choices crew.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Patter Song posted:

Did you finish watching the series? If so, what did you think? Feel free to make use of spoiler bars.

To my shame, no. I got through the dubbed episodes and then the remainder were subbed only and... I didn't go further. Just not a fan of subs.

I'll get over it and finish eventually.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Juri also watch the subs nerd

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

RickVoid posted:

To my shame, no. I got through the dubbed episodes and then the remainder were subbed only and... I didn't go further. Just not a fan of subs.

I'll get over it and finish eventually.

You can watch the subs, or you can find the dub elsewhere. Either way. I understand if you made it to ep 20 out of 39 not wanting to suddenly change voice casts.

Camel Pimp posted:

Touga believed us

This is fascinating because it could be attributed to one of two things: Touga's innate flirtiness or Touga's deeper knowledge of how Ohtori works than the rest of the Student Council. Touga is far more likely than any of the others to go "oh, a ruined building is suddenly new again? That's totally something that can happen" because he actually has some knowledge of just how weird Ohtori is.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Patter Song posted:

You can watch the subs, or you can find the dub elsewhere. Either way. I understand if you made it to ep 20 out of 39 not wanting to suddenly change voice casts.

Huh. Thought it was only dubbed up to episode 4 or 5 on youtube. I'll have to take another look.

T-man posted:

Juri also watch the subs nerd

High pitched breathy anime voice gets on my nerves. That particular aspect of anime is the real problem here.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

RickVoid posted:

Huh. Thought it was only dubbed up to episode 4 or 5 on youtube. I'll have to take another look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdWr5YCoRGM

Seems like they uploaded 5-20 dubbed relatively recently: ep 4 dubbed had 36k views while ep 5 only has 2k views.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Patter Song posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdWr5YCoRGM

Seems like they uploaded 5-20 dubbed relatively recently: ep 4 dubbed had 36k views while ep 5 only has 2k views.

Well hell, thanks for checking.

Flac
Sep 6, 2010

supposedly it frees you from anxiety and nihilism
i'm so so happy that nanami's a fellow leo! this is my favorite and only cat-related fact about her!!!

miki because we love a boy who exists :swoon:

Gaearin
May 15, 2013

Angel to you, Devil to me
Ever since I first watched Revolutionary Girl Utena (which was 8 years ago), I've been slightly obsessed with it. It's a show that was not only ahead of it's time but is also ahead of where we are now. I just binged this entire thread to catch up as I've never actually played through this game before despite knowing it existed.

That said, while I know this vote is completely overshadowed by all the Juri love and Saionji pity(?) going on, I'll throw in one for taking Utena with us to check out the chalk-white fencing hall.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
13 votes for Jury, 5 votes for Saionji, and scattered votes for the others.

Back on track it is, I guess.

I'll put in someone else as a bonus next update just because it'll be short otherwise and Jury's reaction isn't very interesting.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Anthy got to Patter Song.

Just not the one we've been expecting.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I owe you all a huge apology. Thread is resuming.

I have been busier, but not THAT busy. There have been changes in how things are going, but none warranting a two month hiatus. I just felt seriously guilty about not updating and it made it harder snd harder to face resuming. The unexpected hiatus by my computer breaking got me out of the habit and routine of updating and it was hard to get back into. Every day I told myself I'd resume and I didn't.

No more. Thread is resuming. Update within 48 hours, and weekly updates resuming after that.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

What a great thing to see on my lunch break! I missed reading this.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Time to vote against teen romance again.
:peanut:

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
That's alright, we all take extended hiatuses now and again, don't worry about it. Glad to see you back.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Patter Song posted:

No more. Thread is resuming. Update within 48 hours, and weekly updates resuming after that.

I hate to do this after a really dramatic post like that, but today was actually a lot more hectic than I expected. I have all the screenshots uploaded, but actually writing this thing isn't going to happen tonight. I have relatively little going on tomorrow and I expect to be able to get this up late afternoon/early evening US time tomorrow because I want to make my first post back good and not a cursory thing.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I wasn't immediately flaking after announcing my return.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It's fine, life happens and should come first. No pressure, hiatuses are the ancient LP way.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

T-man posted:

It's fine, life happens and should come first. No pressure, hiatuses are the ancient LP way.

This is true.

I first watched Utena, the anime, in college when I was a closeted young thing. It was a game-changer and I loved it. I still love it and the art style. Utena and Anthy were my favorites, as a girl who wants to be a prince (or does she?) rescuing a princess (or is she??) appealed greatly to me.

I look forward to more of this game, Patter-san!

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.
Just saw this get bumped! I'm one half of Empty Movement and if anyone wants to play the game I can help facilitate that. It was a decade-long project by members of my community and I'm still incredibly proud and blown away that they succeeded. Their efforts deserve all the attention they can get!

Also, Patter Song, I hope life gets to a spot where you can continue, but if not, I really appreciate and enjoy what you've done here!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Lysistrata posted:

Just saw this get bumped! I'm one half of Empty Movement and if anyone wants to play the game I can help facilitate that. It was a decade-long project by members of my community and I'm still incredibly proud and blown away that they succeeded. Their efforts deserve all the attention they can get!

Also, Patter Song, I hope life gets to a spot where you can continue, but if not, I really appreciate and enjoy what you've done here!

Apropos of nothing, but Empty Movement (and especially the song lyrics and analysis pages) were a ridiculously useful tool back when I was watching Utena; you've done incredible work and I just wanted to thank you.

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003

Leraika posted:

Apropos of nothing, but Empty Movement (and especially the song lyrics and analysis pages) were a ridiculously useful tool back when I was watching Utena; you've done incredible work and I just wanted to thank you.

Thanks so much, I showed your post to Vanna and it makes us both so happy to hear that! She redid the audiology subsite recently to allow for line by line comparisons of different translations, so it's hopefully even more useful now-- and we are, of course, still adding new analysis essays (and accepting contributions, hint hint ;)).

To keep it slightly on topic, here are the lyrics to Herzen no Kubi, the duel song from the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
I figured resurrecting this thread was okay, seeing as the apocalypse may be happening to SA. Anyway I'm organizing a goon-flavored watch of one of the new Utena musicals (fully translated and subbed) on Sunday June 28th, 8:30pm EST/5:30pm PST. The one we're watching, Bud of the White Rose, covers the student council arc of Utena and compresses it super well. It's surprisingly excellent, and if anyone wants to come you can pm me for info, or dm me on twitter at @YashaOhtori or @ohtori_nu :love:

Lysistrata fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 25, 2020