Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I've beaten this game and gotten every ending I am the internet's foremost expert on this wonderful trash. This game is gorgeous and it is 100% voiced by the original cast, which is frankly, insane.

SSF really sucks for this game tho imo, it's old software and hasn't been updated in years. Bizhawk is way more stable and doesnt have a ton of problems I encountered when I first started playing this (including random losses of save data) . I'd recommend switching to it since you're not thst deep in yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Literally nothing in this game violates canon.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The game just forces us to watch Saionji slap Anthy again, like the show does in literally every iteration of the story across all media and I hate it.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

RickVoid posted:

Wakaba is best girl. A shame.

I'm five episodes in. Why do school animes have to have a jealous little sister character? Ugh.

Nanami rules actually. Best character in the show.

https://twitter.com/revgirlutena/status/1008786424760553472

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Flac posted:

Yeah I recently rewatched and it was actually better the second time for me. Other non-show versions of Utena range from kind of interesting if disappointing in some aspects (the movie) to just offensively missing the point (the manga), but this game is....definitely something. I really want to see where this goes, just because the production values are higher than I'd have expected.

have you seen the new musical? it's pretty good. It's not out quite yet over here but Empty Movement has streamed it a couple times. They announce streams on their Twitter https://twitter.com/ohtori_nu

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Ikuhara didn't have the same restrictions of like, an editor who had ideas on what sells, that Saito had, for one. He pretty much did what he pleased.

I think they were produced and came out concurrently tho.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
FYI this is happening in a couple minutes

https://twitter.com/ohtori_nu/status/1038207739170705408

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
All this speculation brings me so much joy as a dingus who has seen basically everything in this game.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Empty Movement is doing another musical stream on Friday, which is slightly more notice than my last "they're starting literally right now lol" post.

https://twitter.com/ohtori_nu/status/1039880682351161344

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 12, 2018

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Then watch the movie. And the musical.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Canonically, this game is set in the first arc after Utena has fought everyone but Touga and nothing that happens in it technically violates canon.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It's real easy to forget that Utena is 14.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I know too much to elaborate but i love chigusa she's extremely good

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I have all the assets ripped from the game if you'd like them Patter, just shoot me a DM and I'll send you a link.

The backgrounds in this game are gorgeous for how low resolution they are.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Miki has a big problem with putting the women in his life (Anthy and Kozue) on pedestals. Especially Kozue.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
the number of roses that are a color before any change doesn't mean anything, just how many change.

theres a very obvious noise for adding/removing that you're not hearing too.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
it's possible to like a bad character and also acknowledge that he is bad??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I love Nanami she's the best character.

Juri