Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

why fite?? because we're very heterosexual here and we're thinking about swords all day long

Also, I've only watched the anime and I really enjoy how you break down the characters and themes PS. Thanks for this thread it's very gay and surprisingly trans. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Patter Song posted:

Always nice to have new readers onboard, thanks for the praise! If you liked the show, try watching the movie as well. As for the game, I'm only presenting it the way it almost demands to be presented: this is a bold work in its gender/sexual attitudes, especially given it was released in 1998. In some ways, this game is more blatant than the show is about its sexual themes, so no point in doing anything else but meeting them head on and talking about them. The game just sort of accepts that Ohtori is an environment where everyone is some degree of bisexual and runs with it in a way the show always implies, but only ever really shows named characters getting into. The scene in the LP when Chigusa joins the class and all the girls in the class immediately begin intensely gossiping about how they're going to get into her pants is really illustrative of just how the game portrays this setting.

I have to admit that at first I had my doubts as to whether or not I'd be the right person to LP a game like this, given that I'm, well, a straight man, and this is the video game adaptation of an intensely gay, feminist show. I'm glad to hear that I've been doing it justice so far.

I can't say I've heard that fan theory, but it'd definitely make the way everyone keeps getting confused by Chigusa's gender a lot more explicable.

Also, I do love that quote. Chigusa introduces herself with her preferred pronouns in 1998. Game is so ahead of its time. It'd have been rated M and the subject to Jack Thompson-led protests if they'd released it over in the US at the time.

PS: nice to see an Utena avatar poster. I'll probably have to end up with an Utena avatar at some point before this thread's over, but there are so many options. Perhaps one featuring the Protagonist or Chigusa.

You're doing a drat fine job overall. I might suggest toning down the "GEE I WONDER IF THEY'RE FEMALE <boob pic>" stuff, it's a bit abrasive at times. Plus, this sort of... I dunno, thick-headed inability to explicitly discuss gay/gender-nonconforming desires is a common one, especially in closeted gay/trans people. Patter Song is just figuring out this whole sexuality thing, lay off the 14(?) year old. It might also be interesting to hear more about the men's queerness, since I think it plays a lot with the overall themes of patriarchy. But again, overall great and I look forward to more. :)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I was straight too, once. You grow out of it sometimes. :p

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'd really like to see the Utena route, since she's on the box and all. I'm curious to see the world's most closeted gal react to our goonish charms.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I got triggered repeatedly with Utena, and it kinda made me appreciate that I've never gotten beyond "bad touch" with everything that's happened to me. Joy in what you have and all that.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

How gay are you, and Bye, H8ter seem like the smart idea here. Plus anyone with a corset is totally gay.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I don't in the same place I was traumatized, but it still shows up in my dreams constantly. You can't escape an upbringing without first getting out of it, which is both paradoxical and sad.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Yes, I do and Cafe, to get us some of that black gold. It might activate our second brain cell.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

C'mon, rose tea! It's the worst kind of tea!~

Also the illness was cover for either SRS or top surgery.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Y'all a bunch of goons, you know that?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Judy is basically lesbian trans women bait, got it. Over/under on her being a catgirl or not?

Also, we do not have a prince. Patter Song is her own prince, dammit!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Patter Song posted:

Due to the near-unanimous nature of this vote, I'm working under the assumption that there is no way for Prince to catch up.

I will have the next update up either Thursday or Friday, depending on things.

It'll be an easy one to play, but a hard one to write, because I have to do two character analyses: one for Kozue and one for a few characters who will show up for the first time next time. Do you know? Do you know? Do you know who they are?

Realistically you could probably shorten the voting times a bit, there haven't been many 11th hour votes.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Jury, and hope for a traditional after dinner lesbian orgy.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

And goons go for the gamer girl, news at 11.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

TracerK posted:

Sticking with Jury here. Chigusa still creeps me the gently caress out and as much as I'm curious about how awkward dinner would be with Saionji, I can't see why Patter (our protagonist) would be inclined to invite him over Jury.

Sudden Onset Utena Protagonist Syndrome? She's gotta bang someone horrible.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Utena is stronk and Utena, who is stronk

lift me up on bubblegum hair~

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Utena's not gonna win, so I'm with Team Juri

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

A vote for Juri is a vote for jury's boobs.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

boob based politics works in Utena game, nobody surprised

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

slide into her DMs if you know what I mean

(d cup mammories)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

local trans woman is horny and dislikes clueless cis people, news at 11.

(Still love this LP and you, PatterSong The Poster.)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

This sounds like something Utena should deal with as our chosen Anime Hero.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Juri also watch the subs nerd

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Anthy got to Patter Song.

Just not the one we've been expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It's fine, life happens and should come first. No pressure, hiatuses are the ancient LP way.