Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Intervene. Team "gently caress Saionji" over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Randalor posted:

Save Anthy and make Saionji's life as hellish as possible

I first remember hearing about Utena years ago at an anime club I used to go to (hey, it was a different time, and everything was fansubbed on VHS). One member described the cast as "They're all trisexual, as in they will try anything sexual". After watching the whole series later on... Not QUITE accurate, but it's definitely close.

Definitely a good series worth watching through at least once though. What was up with the shadow play girls though? Was that ever actually said or even implied who/what they were outside of the final movie? Spoilers for something that I don't know if it would be a spoiler for the game or even the series.

I’m pretty sure they’re just a Greek chorus, and not actual characters with individual motivations or anything. Like the Muses in Disney’s Hercules.

In the series at least, the movie is its own thing.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Patter Song posted:

I love all of these "I never knew this game existed" posts. It's a real shame that it didn't released outside of Japan, but most of the Saturn's library wasn't, including most of the interesting games. Also, Utena didn't air until years later in the West and was the province of overpaying for VHSes for years.

This game would be rated M for sure (we ain't seen nothing yet in this LP), especially in 1998. It would've also made SEGA a lightning rod for the Jack Thompson types due to its rejection of heteronormative dating conventions, too. Releasing it in the West would've been impossible as well as unprofitable.

So you're saying the game was revolutionary for its time?

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
ABC. Always. Be. Comedy.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Refuse it. Touga is an interesting character, but still a schmoozy creep. Put him in his place.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Publically gently caress Saionji up.

I am also disappointed in you, thread. These people are awful, don't play their games!

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Nothing but jokes!

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Sleep alone. It's what we deserve for not lightening the mood with a joke.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
1. Utena, of course, her name's in the title! (She's also a much better person than most of these assholes)
2. Juri!

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!

Patter Song posted:

That weird feeling where, after eight years on Something Awful, you suddenly feel self-conscious about your username.

Names are arbitrary and made up, DAD!

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
How gay are you? and stay a while, and listen. What's wrong with a little harmless conversation with a perfectly normal classmate?

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
We have our eye on someone and classical cafe for pretending we're more elegant than we actually are. Team "Vote Jury All the Time" stays strong!

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Of course we don't have a Prince. The show is pretty blatant about the Prince dynamic being hosed up. We don't need any of that.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Voting Jury every time there's a vote.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Utena is strong, since the other two options are likely to piss Juri off. Also, Always Be Voting Juri.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
Slide tackle the smug crazy lady.

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
ABC: Always Be voting for Captain of the fencing team Juri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kayten
Jan 10, 2012

The tiniest of Tims!
That's alright, we all take extended hiatuses now and again, don't worry about it. Glad to see you back.