Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

What haircut style should I use to replicate John's look from RDR1? I felt weird doing ranch chores as John and seeing him grow a beehive beard, but once he changed clothes and I got him a haircut, I was like "that's the John I remember!" Hearing the Willie Nelson country song kick off as I was finally encouraged by the game to go explore with my old guns back was both funny and a relief.

I always went pomade + full beard 3 for Arthur, but pomade on John looks kinda off. I think I prefer left-part fade + beard 3 on him.

I went with facial hair 2 (the lightest stubble) and the second-longest hair, right parted. That combined with his classic hat made him really feel like John to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Corsec posted:

Thanks for the advice. I downloaded a minimal completion savegame from the Nexus set in Chapter 3, just before they discover the Shady Belle. I'll use that to explore the open world and just totally ignore the gang. Wish I had done this when I first started playing.

I'm curious, is there a reason you don't like the gang? I've seen people say this before, but for me wanting to hang out with the gang was a huge draw, so I'm wondering why people feel differently.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Corsec posted:

A few years ago in hospital I watched a whole Let's Play, so I don't want to go through the questline since I've already seen it. I installed the game now purely for the single-player open world content (and because Online doesn't allow mods). I found the gang tolerable when I watched them on video, but I'd rather not have to be stuck within their narrative. With the benefit of hindsight it's also frustrating to watch Arthur care so much about the gang, and reject every opportunity to leave.

I know it'll feel lonely but I'm installing a dog mod for companionship lol.

makes sense. thanks for explaining!