Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
more like tragic heap done :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

The Management posted:

the second I heard magic leap was based in Florida I knew it was a grift

there’s a surprising amount of chip design stuff happening around Orlando but lol yeah the only product design that’s happening in FL is the things you see is As Seen On TV bullshit

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Jimmy Carter posted:

there’s a surprising amount of chip design stuff happening around Orlando but lol yeah the only product design that’s happening in FL is the things you see is As Seen On TV bullshit

I was really surprised to learn this too. it turns out anywhere there is a large nasa presence, electronics industry pops up.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
magic leap's 1600 workers spent 2.3 billion dollars over eight years and invented the microsoft hololense

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
you need competition for a healthy market!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

angry_keebler posted:

magic leap's 1600 workers spent 2.3 billion dollars over eight years and invented the microsoft hololense

what did the other 1400 do?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
sounds innovative op

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

angry_keebler posted:

but you can wear glasses with the hololens

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

The Management posted:

what did the other 1400 do?

based on a random sample of linked in employees it seems like they are all internal tech recruiters

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
if by some miracle they manage to turn this into a successful business (they won't), then they're going to become very well acquainted with microsoft's patent lawyers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

this quickly thrown together joke looks 100 times better than the magicleap demo

• Locked thread