Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

Master Stur posted:

:rip: ye who had henry benched

:( It might have prevented me from getting regulated, which burns extra hard too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Talk about going out with a whimper...

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Gobias Ind. posted:

Talk about going out with a whimper...

Just now? I did that 4 weeks ago.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
RIP in piss my mediocre season. SNF needed to be a shootout for me and it was a wet fart instead.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

I have zero desire to face our resident Iron Chef next week.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Lock posted:

I have zero desire to face our resident Iron Chef next week.

Be happy you got home field advantage - if this was in Kitchen Stadium you know full well I would have Asako Kishi judging the scores.

Also PLEASE GET WELL JAMES CONNER!!!!

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Chen Kenichi posted:

Be happy you got home field advantage - if this was in Kitchen Stadium you know full well I would have Asako Kishi judging the scores.

ALLEZ FOOTBALL!!!

Chen Kenichi posted:

Also PLEASE GET WELL JAMES CONNER!!!!

no please dont

e: holy hell I am an idiot...I always thought the IR slot was pointless for us in Tier B, only for IR-designated players. It can be used for ANY injured player??

Lock fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Dec 12, 2018

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Lock posted:

ALLEZ FOOTBALL!!!

no please dont

e: holy hell I am an idiot...I always thought the IR slot was pointless for us in Tier B, only for IR-designated players. It can be used for ANY injured player??

Anyone who is IR or even O. Once they return to health, you can’t make roster/waiver moves until you move that player, though.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

But note O players usually revert to Q on Tuesday even if they will be out the following game. They stay that way until their team makes it official which is anywhere from Wednesday to Friday.

This sucks because to do any roster moves you have to cut someone to move that player from IR even though they will be going back on IR in 24 - 48 hours.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

jabro posted:

But note O players usually revert to Q on Tuesday even if they will be out the following game. They stay that way until their team makes it official which is anywhere from Wednesday to Friday.

This sucks because to do any roster moves you have to cut someone to move that player from IR even though they will be going back on IR in 24 - 48 hours.

Had to deal with that this year with Fournette in one of my leagues.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Of all my leagues, my proudest achievement would be to avoid relegation in this one.

Announcer: "He would not avoid relegation."

Well this turned out to be prophetic. After starting 0-6, I roared back and would have avoided relegation had Wentz scored 4 pts in that game instead of 1. Ah well, toss me back in with the chaffe next year. :angel:

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Well this turned out to be prophetic. After starting 0-6, I roared back and would have avoided relegation had Wentz scored 4 pts in that game instead of 1. Ah well, toss me back in with the chaffe next year. :angel:

My finest accomplishment this year was playing spoiler thanks to that Wentz game

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe

Master Stur posted:

My finest accomplishment this year was playing spoiler thanks to that Wentz game

Take that accomplishment and sink back into the pit of despair that is tier B! You don't want to deal with your keepers anyway, right? :D

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I find honor in relegation. How else are we, as a society, to raise and teach the goons of tomorrow unless we engage with them on their level?

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

PHILIP RIVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Anubis posted:

Take that accomplishment and sink back into the pit of despair that is tier B! You don't want to deal with your keepers anyway, right? :D

I'm gonna be king of loser bracket and squints Damien Williams will hoist me there

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
If I win this week in Tier B championship bracket rolling out Elijah McGuire and D. Williams then this is a team of destiny....

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Lock posted:

PHILIP RIVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!

I was up by over 10 heading into the 4th, and I needed it to stay that to feel like I had a good chance going into the weekend. This is not good for my championship hopes!

T.Y. being a GTD isn't helping me either

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Chen Kenichi posted:

I was up by over 10 heading into the 4th, and I needed it to stay that to feel like I had a good chance going into the weekend. This is not good for my championship hopes!

T.Y. being a GTD isn't helping me either

That game could not have ended any better for me, seriously. I spent my 4 years in Raleigh watching him do that same thing at Carter Finley, really hoping he gets his ring this year.

Look, I have played in the semifinals all 3 years I've been in this league. I have lost out both previous years. I AM DUE.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Up by 15+ with Samuel vs. CMC - let the sweat begin!

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Same except I'm up by 10 with Samuels vs Ian Thomas and Demario Davis.

Also I'm in the tier that actually matters.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Tied at 122.5 each with 8:56 to play - BOMB TO SAMUEL PLZ

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
For my hubris I have paid the ultimate price...just lost on the last loving play.

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

:aaaaa:

Edit. I am v worried about a stat correction ruining this.

zeroordie fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 18, 2018

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe
Am I free and clear or do I have to somehow keep this pile of nonsense together for another week? Please tell me I'm done and get to stay in tier A!

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

I...what? I won? I'm PROMOTED?

So I came down with the flu over the weekend and was not really in any condition to follow what was going on beyond (literally) feverishly checking the score updates whenever I woke up. Last I checked I was behind by enough that I had given up. Totally forgot about the Monday night game. My boys won one for me.

zeroordie posted:

:aaaaa:

Edit. I am v worried about a stat correction ruining this.

this is also me rn

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Lock posted:

I...what? I won? I'm PROMOTED?

So I came down with the flu over the weekend and was not really in any condition to follow what was going on beyond (literally) feverishly checking the score updates whenever I woke up. Last I checked I was behind by enough that I had given up. Totally forgot about the Monday night game. My boys won one for me.

this is also me rn

Cam is hurting much worse than I gave credit for. Then again nobody expected CMC to pass for 50 and a tuddie either, which was what put you over the top. Really you should have won outright if you had Breida in once he was declared good to go so I got a second bite. Still got a second shot this week though! COME ON CONNER PLEASE PLAY!

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Maybe it was the fever talking, but I purposefully left Breida benched. It sounded like he still wasn't 100% and I figured SF wouldn't risk him too much with nothing to play for. 'Course, I was wrong...but then again Breida did end up getting injured again. Which actually kinda sucks because I really could use him for the championship game.

Yeah, Connor can come back now, I'm down with that.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Conner is dead and not invited to this Iron Chef battle.

I just call me Bobby Flay because I’m about to slice and dice my way to Tier A.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Would you say...the secret ingredient for the battle will be...ムラサキウマゴヤシ?

(Look it up, but it's probably the joke you think's being made.)

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.
Sorry folks for being AWOL. We have a new baby incoming tomorrow (12/20) so payouts may be a little slow this season (after the first of the year) until I can get back to my computer.

Regulation winner -

Anubis survives to live another year in Tier A!

Suave Fedora
Master Stur
SouthShoreSamurai

are banished to hell or as we call it Tier B.

Tier A Championship game is zeroordie vs Jabro for the crown.

In Tier B news Lock and Baser instinct have locked (heh) up invites to the bigs. Chen kenichi and Alfalfa are battling it out for the final slot.

We'll get the office season business complete early Jan (payouts, keeper rounds etc) and then we'll schedule the keeper deadline and draft later on.

Last bit of business I never received payment or messages back from Waroduce in Tier B. Looking back scoring it looks like it autodrafted for him and no management. I should have caught it before drafting but in the rush I missed it. How does everyone want to handle the modification to the payouts?

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Sounds like you got bigger things on your mind, so that's understandable. Not sure of the best way to go about fixing it though. Either way, congrats on the kid, hope everything goes well!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Lock posted:

Would you say...the secret ingredient for the battle will be...ムラサキウマゴヤシ?

(Look it up, but it's probably the joke you think's being made.)

Wouldn’t that be cheating? lol

Also like i said Conner is dead. Hope you brought a backup sous chef to do battle.

I’ll be bringing OBJ, Aaron Jones Keenan Allen(?), as my apprentice.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Hello tier b my old friend

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

So is that 2 one and dones in Tier A from last year's advancers? Is that typical?

First year in GoonTier, so I'm curious how the new teams to Tier A typically fare.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Lol keeping Cook would've kept me in if everything else played the same ohhh wellll. I did myself no favors this year but the supplement draft and regular were real slim pickings

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Master Stur posted:

Lol keeping Cook would've kept me in if everything else played the same ohhh wellll. I did myself no favors this year but the supplement draft and regular were real slim pickings

Yeah, it's not a coincidence that the guy picking first that got Barkley didn't get relegated. That's not sour grapes, it's his reward for finishing 1st in Tier B 2 years ago. But the available players were... not great. I actually did really well picking my IDP guys off of waivers (and Chubb becoming starter in like game 7-8), but that lack of talent in the beginning of the year killed me.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Gobias Ind. posted:

So is that 2 one and dones in Tier A from last year's advancers? Is that typical?

First year in GoonTier, so I'm curious how the new teams to Tier A typically fare.

Think of it like pro/rel in soccer. Lots of those teams win, jump to the next division, then get relegated next year due to finances/squad skill/etc. Staying up isn't supposed to be easy!

As for the match this week I believe I will feature 苜蓿芽麻婆豆腐 (no idea if that works!). ムラサキウマゴヤシ まーぼーどうふ might also work? Either way I plan to win......I MUST win. Even if I have to use google to fail at Asian languages!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Chen Kenichi posted:

Think of it like pro/rel in soccer. Lots of those teams win, jump to the next division, then get relegated next year due to finances/squad skill/etc. Staying up isn't supposed to be easy!

As for the match this week I believe I will feature 苜蓿芽麻婆豆腐 (no idea if that works!). ムラサキウマゴヤシ まーぼーどうふ might also work? Either way I plan to win......I MUST win. Even if I have to use google to fail at Asian languages!

Oh yeah not suggesting it should be easy! I'm just curious how it has historically played out. How hard is it with these settings to break into and remain in Tier A?