Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Right now it seems like it would be pretty difficult as the loser squads are poo poo piles to pick from and the long term players have well stocked teams. I could see next year playing out similar. Yall future losers better leave better players!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
My team scored 3rd in PF and still got relegated.

The players you have may not make much of a difference if you happen to go up against every team’s hottest week.

That said, I’m bringing sexy back to the non-sexy tier.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Suave Fedora posted:

My team scored 3rd in PF and still got relegated.

The players you have may not make much of a difference if you happen to go up against every team’s hottest week.

That said, I’m bringing sexy back to the non-sexy tier.

Story of my tier B years

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Isn't there a mechanic that eventually puts top players back into the draft pool? Players get too expensive to keep at some point, don't they?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

Isn't there a mechanic that eventually puts top players back into the draft pool? Players get too expensive to keep at some point, don't they?

Yes, but it's pretty mild.

You do need a healthy dose of both luck and skill to break into Tier A and stay there, but that's kind of the draw of it for me. This was by far my worst team this year, but the one I put the most effort/fun into each week.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

The only real downside I see is it gets a LOT harder to make any money if you make the jump. But then, the entry fees are so small anyway that I don't consider it a big deal.

Lookit me talkin' big-boy talk now that I've finally made it.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
The only way to solve this is move to MFL which allows multiple copies of players.

Then whatever squad you have in B that gets you to A you can choose to keep from.

At least in soccer/futbol leagues that do promotion/relegation you at least have the same team.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Having been in two MFL leagues that crashed and burned spectacularly as a result of their system....I'd like to keep it on ESPN. I mean, not a big deal if the best move is to go to MFL. But I got hosed out of a league I paid for when their site refused to update lineups despite going in and confirming player changes multiple times, so that site has left a pretty bad impression as far as fantasy sports goes.

I'm the second worst team in Tier B, only just above the guy who literally didn't pay attention or do anything all season long, so I guess that's about what my input is worth. Gonna echo SouthShoreSamurai in saying that despite my terrible record, this was definitely one of the most fun goon leagues I've played in and I'm looking forward to next season already

barnold fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 21, 2018

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Yeah unless we have a Dev ninja amongst us who can make the site somewhat useable, I'm also against moving to MFL, fwiw.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Oh I wasn’t being serious. Most of my leagues are on MFL though and no real issues with it.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
MFL is too close to FML so for that reason

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

So despite Rivers and Watson teaming up to make me look EXTREMELY dumb, somehow my team pulled it out. Ladies and Gentlemen, happy holidays from your B-Tier champion, and I look forward to failing spectacularly in Tier A next year.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Plz no stat correction, plz no stat correction, plz no stat correction...

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

Feels good to be back on top. What a wacky season. Good times, everyone.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
1 point from Von Miller against a team in the top 5 for sacks allowed you tell me? Nah that can't be........oh........oh really *stares dumbfounded at point total for two minutes* :cry:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Chen Kenichi posted:

1 point from Von Miller against a team in the top 5 for sacks allowed you tell me? Nah that can't be........oh........oh really *stares dumbfounded at point total for two minutes* :cry:

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Salt in the wound - I got an adjustment down one point. We both left big points on the bench but Gronk getting a goose egg really was the thing that bent me over :( Sad stuck-in-tier-B-baby here.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Chen Kenichi posted:

Salt in the wound - I got an adjustment down one point. We both left big points on the bench but Gronk getting a goose egg really was the thing that bent me over :( Sad stuck-in-tier-B-baby here.

Brate’s 1.8 vs Gronk’s 0 was the difference maker actually. I won by 1.7 lol

If it makes you feel better, we both would have won the championship game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.
Tier A
$50 Jabro (Second)
$5 Suave Fedora
$10 von Metternich
$130 zeroordie (Winner)
$5 darkspider42
$5 Anubis
$30 Mikey Purp (Third Place)
$5 Hot Diggity!

Tier B
$15 Boywunda
$10 dkj
$30 Alfalfa (Third)
$135 Lock (Winner)
$5 Substandard
$5 Chen kenichi
$40 Baser instinct (Second)

Lock, Baser and Alfalfa all ascend to the promised land of Tier A while Suave Fedora, Master Stur, and SouthShoreSamurai are banished to the pits of despair.

Please confirmed amounts before I send the payouts. Anyone getting cash should be getting a PM from me as well.

Keeper costs will come sometime this (or next) month

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Confirmed and responded to PM.

Thanks for heading it this season and looking forward to next year!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

darkspider42 posted:

Tier B
$5 Chen kenichi

Please confirmed amounts before I send the payouts. Anyone getting cash should be getting a PM from me as well.

Keeper costs will come sometime this (or next) month

As far as I am concerned, and if you want to keep track of stuff like this, you can just apply my $ to next year's buy-in to save the hassle.

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

Looks good to me. I don't have PMs, but my paypal is tasog37 @gmail.

Thanks!

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Responded to the PM, which for some reason SA didn't alert me to ?!?!? Who do we whine at nowadays, it's not radium any more right?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Lock posted:

Responded to the PM, which for some reason SA didn't alert me to ?!?!? Who do we whine at nowadays, it's not radium any more right?

these days you just scream into the void

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Everyone that responded should be paid out. Just waiting on confirmation from Anubis and von Metternich 

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

darkspider42 posted:

Everyone that responded should be paid out.

Confirmed, thanks for taking the reins this year! See y'all next year.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
Confirmed! Thanks for running this year!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Yes, thank you for taking the lead this season, darkspider.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Congrats zeroordie and Lock! And thanks again to darkspider42 for taking over. Glad to see y’all had a successful season.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
Any chance of someone running this this year?

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Lost track of time but will get the next season under way this weekend

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Something, something 2019 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894946