Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
We get so say on how anything's run but when people are assholes in public they get their asses switched til they bleed out their buttholes.

I approve of the boot as long as I get to spend more time stomping on someone else.

I've been reading the replies to my congressman's twitter feed and I wish all these people a humorous and humiliating way to die that I'm not clever enough to come up with:d2a:

How this for a HOT TAKE *drops trou and shits*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
But how are the women?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I agree, but only if the OP chews gum in public

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

OP is bitchmade

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
enjoy your somewhat authoritarian one party state, I guess

I mean I liked singapore when I visited but it is not so good at the human rights

E: wait I forgot how nice their public transit was and that everyone seemed to have iPhones. Full ocd authoritarianism now

Best Bi Geek Squid has issued a correction as of 19:17 on Aug 17, 2018

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the op is basically calling for the mass execution of vast numbers of minorities for minor drug offenses

so maybe we're closer to their perfect society than they think

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ-YX-5bAs0

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

after seeing that trailer i understand why it's the neolib movie of the month

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

my boyfriend is so hot but also he’s a rich LAND DeVELOPER!?

you are not good enough for my son because you are poor and dumb and unrefined. you are not cultured enough for my son. nobody touch my son ding dong but me because I am rich and you are poor

I will prove that I’m just as much of a bourgeois dipshit as any other Hong Kong psycho

I am sorry young Asian woman you are good enough for my son and I was wrong and you are worthy of the heights of luxury, and also by extension the audience

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

my boyfriend is so hot but also he’s a rich LAND DeVELOPER!?

you are not good enough for my son because you are poor and dumb and unrefined. you are not cultured enough for my son. nobody touch my son ding dong but me because I am rich and you are poor

I will prove that I’m just as much of a bourgeois dipshit as any other Hong Kong psycho

I am sorry young Asian woman you are good enough for my son and I was wrong and you are worthy of the heights of luxury, and also by extension the audience

yes but the rich people are also not white, which means this movie is incredibly woke because most americans arent aware there are rich people in asia or something

also one of them is basically a racist caricature of black people but its funny and woke for some reason

also there are no actual malays or indians in singapore apparently

let a thousand thinkpieces bloom

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
The really tragic thing about the break-up of Malaya is that both the countries suck and aren't good to root for.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

jBrereton posted:

The really tragic thing about the break-up of Malaya is that both the countries suck and aren't good to root for.

broke: singaporean elite
woke: the white rajas

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yes but the rich people are also not white, which means this movie is incredibly woke because most americans arent aware there are rich people in asia or something

also one of them is basically a racist caricature of black people but its funny and woke for some reason

also there are no actual malays or indians in singapore apparently

let a thousand thinkpieces bloom

it's laser guided to appeal to wechat fascists

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

that trailer makes me irl angry

holy gently caress that's a first.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

bok bok bitch

e: my dad said Crazy Rich Asians looks funny and now I know the Cultural Revolution was right

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

broke: singaporean elite
woke: the white rajas
The White Rajas, also, were bad.

Malaya's is a land of contrasts

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

looking forward to the cheap Indian knock-off version of this pile of puke

with added caste system hilarity of course

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

heh, they say he's 'untouchable'

*old racist indian matriarch raises eyebrows with suspicion*

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
Best thing to ever come from Malaysia- Harry Roberts is Our Friend, Is Our Friend, He Kills Coppers.

Let him out to kill some more.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

UltraRed posted:

We get so say on how anything's run but when people are assholes in public they get their asses switched til they bleed out their buttholes.

I approve of the boot as long as I get to spend more time stomping on someone else.

I've been reading the replies to my congressman's twitter feed and I wish all these people a humorous and humiliating way to die that I'm not clever enough to come up with:d2a:

How this for a HOT TAKE *drops trou and shits*

Bill Burr's bit on the caning punishment is a masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ER4hj4Mu8

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

a really good sequel to this movie would be the cast of the original going on a trip to the guillotine courtesy of the 20% of singapore who are debt slaves rising up with the rest of the underclass

would still have a completely asian cast and #representationmatters right

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
lmao this propaganda flick for the avaricious opened at the top of the US box office

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M4HNvkPtlg

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jBrereton posted:

lmao this propaganda flick for the avaricious opened at the top of the US box office

to be fair every other movie out is a MASSIVE pos besides blackkkklansman I guess but I haven't seen that so maybe it sucks too

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Larry Parrish posted:

to be fair every movie out is a MASSIVE pos

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I saw the poster for Crazy Rich Asians walking out after the end of Sorry to Bother You and it was a real trip.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I saw the poster for Crazy Rich Asians walking out after the end of Sorry to Bother You and it was a real trip.

The closest place sorry to bother you is playing is loving Nevada city and I ain't driving two hours to see anything

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/kimmythepooh/status/1030606419857469440

people are loving stupid

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

The closest place sorry to bother you is playing is loving Nevada city and I ain't driving two hours to see anything

They showed it here in Springdale, Arkansas at the Malco Razorback once on a Wednesday at 10am, and I only saw it because I checked theater listings again the day after I searched the first time when the nearest showing was in Dallas.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Posts like this are what is transforming me from an ironic posadist into an unironic death cultist

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hollywood is even less diverse in acting roles now than it was in the 90s. They only had an all-Asian cast for this because it's a popular book about Chinese Singaporeans, and they couldn't get away with casting all the Asians as white people in yellow face like they did for Cloud Atlas.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
You’re 20 years old.
You’ve spent the past several years repatriating yourself. You get your family’s name inked into your skin. That crest is there forever. You won’t let anyone make you feel the way you did all those years ago. You love being White.

You’re 25 years old.
You see a movie with an all-White cast at a screening and for some reason you’re crying and you can’t stop. You’ve never seen a cast like this in Hollywood. Everyone is beautiful.
You’re so happy you’re White.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 17 hours!)

gently caress singapore

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
people who identify with their "racial heritage" are loving weird

not everyone is like laura loomer but it's on the same scale

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
speak for yourself. my family can trace ourselves back to some rear end in a top hat noble from Spain trading up for a plot of land in Baja Norte in like 1600, but we're also aware that we've been degenerate intermarried peasants for just as long and are probably more proud of that

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i like that the love interest is an economic professor and therefore perfectly fine with all of this

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

That whole thread is a trip.

https://twitter.com/kimmythepooh/status/1030606416640438272?s=21

She’s way overcompensating because her family Americanized.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
I am posting a really descriptive scenario where I ask for daddy to cane me harder, but every other word is an emoticon. Also the word squishy and cummies multiple times.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

i like that the love interest is an economic professor and therefore perfectly fine with all of this

that also means the mom is right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That whole thread is a trip.

https://twitter.com/kimmythepooh/status/1030606416640438272?s=21

She’s way overcompensating because her family Americanized.

i guess she enjoyed the movie

• Locked thread