Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ms Adequate posted:

e; Just went to launch and Steam started an update. Can't spot news about it, but bugfixes I would guess?
They posted the news on the forums instead of the news section.

quote:

- Fix for crash on start up caused by unrecognised timezone.
- Fix for not being able to exit the end credits screen.
- Fix for save failure caused by ResearchProjectComponent saving invalid data
- Fix for crash caused by room visuals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dad Jokes posted:

Also, what's up with the little worms that show up sometimes and hide under furniture? I can't figure out what spawns them, having a ton of janitors and hand sanitizers doesn't seem to stop them.
They're escaped monobrows.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

being originally a riff off of a genre that's fallen from grace
Prison Architect was a big hit and there've been a number of games riffing off of that like Rimworld, so the tycoon genre has had a bit of a resurrection in recent years.

SlothfulCobra posted:

and from a culture where hospitals being run to maximize profits is just a joke.
I haven't reached it yet, but apparently one of the later levels is a public hospital where you have a set annual budget and don't get any money for curing people, for a unique challenge.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fans posted:

Why do people hate Denuvo when buying a game on steam? It can’t be because of DRM, Steam is literally DRM.
The Steam DRM, by Valve's own admission, is very lightweight and doesn't really prevent much in the way of anything beyond casual copying. It's more useful for logging into online services that won't work for pirated copies, like multiplayer matchmaking servers.

Denuvo is considerably less lightweight, and has been accused by a lot of people (including the director of Tekken 7, which uses it) of lowering in-game performance. About the most I've personally noticed in Denuvo games was Doom 2016 taking a while to start up, but that was on a minimum-spec machine so I guess milage varies.

There's probably a better place to debate this, though.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Free Weekend plus a new update that adds decorative items based on other Sega-published PC games... and also headcrabs from Half-Life because sure, okay.