Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Whenever I first go over to someone's place, I silently judge them based on their books. This is the thread to do that for goons.

e: added in a couple of shelves I missed

BgRdMchne has a new favorite as of 01:37 on Aug 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Oh sweet, it's all those books I told my nerd friends in high school I read when I really didn't.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Grem posted:

Oh sweet, it's all those books I told my nerd friends in high school I read when I really didn't.

I still haven't made it through gravity's rainbow. I've probably tried a dozen times since highschool.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I don't own any books

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Most of my books are either digital or packed up in boxes in my closet but here's the shelf.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Well, poo poo, now I have to clean my bookcase.

Here are some of my favorites, though, which is what I thought this thread was about at first:

and a cursed staircase bookcase:

e: some partials of my own:

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Aug 17, 2018

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Most of my books are either digital or packed up in boxes in my closet but here's the shelf.

How are those Clancy nonfiction books. I remember wanting to read them when I was younger. I still want the latest copies of Jane’s All the World’s Aircraft and Fighting Ships.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

BgRdMchne posted:

How are those Clancy nonfiction books. I remember wanting to read them when I was younger. I still want the latest copies of Jane’s All the World’s Aircraft and Fighting Ships.

Armored Cav is the only one I’ve read but I liked it. All the organizational details and technical specs you would expect, mixed with nonfiction tales of armored cavalry in combat, mostly written in a conversational style so it never gets too dry.

My clearest memory of it is when he just kinda casually mentions that his wife bought him a tank for his birthday or Christmas or something one year lol

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It's more of a "stuff" case at the moment but it does have a couple books on it. Even if I had all my other physical books it would just be like 20ish stephen king books and a few dean koontz ones, so that probably wouldn't improve your impression of me much.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just the classics, really

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

My bookcase:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Besesoth posted:

and a cursed staircase bookcase:

Love falling down the stairs and impaling myself on a lily flower.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
All my books are in storage :saddowns:

Anyone know a good place to get marble busts of classical figures?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Super Waffle posted:

All my books are in storage :saddowns:

Anyone know a good place to get marble busts of classical figures?

the museum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Is there a particular name for this design/layout? Is it custom-made or do they sell these?

• Locked thread