Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
also, my hulk is invisible after log in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

learnincurve posted:

edit: wrong thread, a elderly client gave me the flu and I'm mad.

an*

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
How is the war going btw? I usually like following the goon wars since the idea of Eve is infinitely more fun for me than actually playing it, but I don't see as many updates on here or reddit compared to the last one

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Deki posted:

How is the war going btw? I usually like following the goon wars since the idea of Eve is infinitely more fun for me than actually playing it, but I don't see as many updates on here or reddit compared to the last one

PAPI are advancing in the opposite direction

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

PAPI are advancing in the opposite direction

They've been practicing this for months so they're very good at it

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

14gb patch today

https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/eve-evolved

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Deki posted:

A rough start, but now we're making progress. The enemies are hurfing for a whole day and then standing down.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

well, I can actually do PI on my work laptop without it completely crashing the client, so this is good

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

learnincurve posted:

also, my hulk is invisible after log in.

If you go into your launcher settings, click "Download full game client" otherwise it streams assets

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Cheers, this may explain why my overpowered gaming rig has been struggling when it shouldn't be when the iMac is fine. Why this wasn't an option on installation is beyond me.

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

Hezzy posted:

If you go into your launcher settings, click "Download full game client" otherwise it streams assets

"Downloading 20GB" hopefully now it won't be a lag fest every single time I undock in 1DQ

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Andohz posted:

"Downloading 20GB" hopefully now it won't be a lag fest every single time I undock in 1DQ

Move to ge-. The load times are marginally better

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

How the gently caress do they fit 14 gigs into this game.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

SHISHKABOB posted:

How the gently caress do they fit 14 gigs into this game.

Each level of detail scale needs its own full set of textures. And they updated a lot of textures. And added a whole bunch of new assets for the new AIR career paths thing

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I can't speak for anyone in leadership ITYOOL 2022, but BACK IN MY DAY :bahgawd: in Finance we tended to inherently dislike any activity that yielded raw ISK in general. The thing most people who play this game don't get is that raw ISK doesn't win traditional wars, materiel does.

evilweasel posted:

it's also that far-flung empire building drains bodies from being at home for home defense, and creates new things we have to either defend or get pushed out of. spending a lot of isk, effort and time (which are limited resources in an organization that is, uh, volunteers playing a bad game) on something other than reigning supreme in 0.0 space is a problem

it's not like we're against an isk faucet, but once it gets to the point of needing significant alliance support the question is "how does this help"

it does not help that pve groups trend towards drama and exhausting the patience of whoever has to deal with them

I would have thought: help our members have fun in this game would have been priority #1. People who are having fun are active and subbed and ready to do poo poo when war is called. It seems like Mittens spends a lot of time bitching about DBM hurting interest in ratting (which is a boring as gently caress, poo poo activity) instead of organizing poo poo so people can go make ridiculous isk in the most fun space in the game. And it's isk so it actually gets taxed unlike a lot of the alternative things people do since null is poo poo income these days. Wormholes? Gas mining? Abyssals? Nada for alliance.

As for isk vs stuff, don't they have a big loan they still need to pay off? Would have thought a potential ~500B a month in taxes if somewhat organized would be a good thing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Weren’t the Poch Krabs doing all sorts of goonfucking shenanigans and charging people to join in and then avoiding taxes? I got the impression mittens would have ignored the SRP drama if it wasn’t a tax scam

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

they were peacefully coexisting with enemies of the state and this is not to be tolerated

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Weren’t the Poch Krabs doing all sorts of goonfucking shenanigans and charging people to join in and then avoiding taxes?

Yes.

shame on an IGA posted:

they were peacefully coexisting with enemies of the state and this is not to be tolerated

lol, lmao

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Vilgan posted:

I would have thought: help our members have fun in this game would have been priority #1. People who are having fun are active and subbed and ready to do poo poo when war is called. It seems like Mittens spends a lot of time bitching about DBM hurting interest in ratting (which is a boring as gently caress, poo poo activity) instead of organizing poo poo so people can go make ridiculous isk in the most fun space in the game. And it's isk so it actually gets taxed unlike a lot of the alternative things people do since null is poo poo income these days. Wormholes? Gas mining? Abyssals? Nada for alliance.

As for isk vs stuff, don't they have a big loan they still need to pay off? Would have thought a potential ~500B a month in taxes if somewhat organized would be a good thing.
Having seen it happen several times already, it was abundantly clear how Pochven poo poo was going to go from the jump.

Also, like I said earlier, Pochven only works with a small number of high-skill accounts. The drama is inevitable for a group as large as goonswarm.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Dik Hz posted:

Having seen it happen several times already, it was abundantly clear how Pochven poo poo was going to go from the jump.

Also, like I said earlier, Pochven only works with a small number of high-skill accounts. The drama is inevitable for a group as large as goonswarm.

Clearly this can be solved by shooting blues until the drama stops (or we run out of blues), right? :sun:

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013
Always shoot blues!

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Vilgan posted:

Most goons make money through industry. The thing which enriches line members most, and builds a deep bench of assets that appreciate or can used to build warships, is industry.

Ratting isn't even what makes the alliance most of its funds.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Vilgan posted:

I would have thought: help our members have fun in this game would have been priority #1.

If you're off doing your own thing and being a pain in the rear end to both newbies and leaders at the same time , you're not really our people.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

The Delve forges go BRR :v:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

dragonshardz posted:

Most goons make money through industry. The thing which enriches line members most, and builds a deep bench of assets that appreciate or can used to build warships, is industry.

Ratting isn't even what makes the alliance most of its funds.

:doubt:

While I don’t doubt that most of the alliance money is generated by this, I find it doubtful the average line member is making their money through industry. It’s more likely a select few are making big piles of isk and others are just getting by.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
its real easy to make a lot of money parasitically slurping off the 1dq market

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Dalmuti posted:

dang can we buy slurp juice now

i gotta charge my space apes!!!

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Dalmuti posted:

That's not actually generating new isk though, that's just cannibalizing your own, moving isk from the dumb and lazy to the less dumb/lazy.

Imperium has decent production, 2nd only to Frat, but that's still typically just a few hardcore producers and not terribly relevant for the plebs.

I guess it doesn't really matter, just seems weird to intentionally discourage members from something that is fun as gently caress and also generates a ton of taxes. It's funny how rarely people disagree with (imo) obviously dumb decisions and instead just assume Mittens is always right.

At least Init is a lot more "do whatever the gently caress you want, as long as you show up to fleets that matter" so I guess those that care can hop over (like I did when I was Imperium).

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Vilgan posted:

That's not actually generating new isk though, that's just cannibalizing your own, moving isk from the dumb and lazy to the less dumb/lazy.

Imperium has decent production, 2nd only to Frat, but that's still typically just a few hardcore producers and not terribly relevant for the plebs.

I guess it doesn't really matter, just seems weird to intentionally discourage members from something that is fun as gently caress and also generates a ton of taxes. It's funny how rarely people disagree with (imo) obviously dumb decisions and instead just assume Mittens is always right.

At least Init is a lot more "do whatever the gently caress you want, as long as you show up to fleets that matter" so I guess those that care can hop over (like I did when I was Imperium).

wallow up to the trough with me, piggy

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Vilgan posted:

no one is stopping you from flying in pochven, hope this helps

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
I agree with globby.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

...how about Feliday makes the new thread since they seem to be able to rock some :effort: copypasta skills required for a performative OP and Atrum becomes the IK of that tread, so they can send these PAPI *checks notes* chucklefucks scattering back to the wormholes they so much enjoy krabbing in.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

no one is stopping you from flying in pochven, hope this helps

This. Just don't expect SRP or the alliance to come rescue you in an area that's halfway across the galaxy.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Vilgan posted:

It's usually a good idea to bring receipts for these sorts of things:

Delve is outproducing Vale by 2T a month and most other nullsec regions by 1-3 orders of magnitude, despite Delve mining less than Vale and being about as far from Jita as one can be. 11T is not "a few hardcore producers."

Also, unrelated but a big lol to Impass and Omist for their big fat goose egg. Impass in particular -- it's a beautiful region for PvE.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Raged posted:

This. Just don't expect SRP or the alliance to come rescue you in an area that's halfway across the galaxy.

I already fly in Pochven whenever I want to make a couple bil or want some really cool fights. I'm just questioning Imperium edicts since it seems like there's a lot of koolaid drinking whenever Mittens pronounces something.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
i vote flanders for OP :ullerrm:

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's usually a good idea to bring receipts for these sorts of things:

Delve is outproducing Vale by 2T a month and most other nullsec regions by 1-3 orders of magnitude, despite Delve mining less than Vale and being about as far from Jita as one can be. 11T is not "a few hardcore producers."

Also, unrelated but a big lol to Impass and Omist for their big fat goose egg. Impass in particular -- it's a beautiful region for PvE.

Frat is Vale + Tribute. 14T vs 11T.

Good idea to have an idea of super basic geography before throwing shade about receipts. I guess you could add Querious and but that's 1) heavily Sib Squad and 2) a pretty tiny amount that doesn't change things noticeably.

The funny thing is production is not a big deal for Frat, most of their isk comes from other sources. They might be approaching an order of magnitude jump over Goons at this point.

Frat is:

#1 in Production
#1 in Mining (by a lot)
#1 in Ratting (by 2-3x over goons)
#1 in wormhole isk income vs Goons/Horde (who are close to 0, altho Init does some). A lot of c5/c6 krabbing is Frat these days.
#2 in Pochven isk (behind Horde, goons are irrelevant here)
#1 in Lvl 5 mission income over the other blocs (by a lot)

Now goons are off to go beat up on fire who are basically irrelevant while Frat looks to add 2-3 regions

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 30, 2022

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
they are free to drop another keepstar in t5z whenever they like

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Vilgan posted:

Frat is Vale + Tribute. 14T vs 11T.

I saw all the renters there and disregarded the region (especially because what Frat holds are the lovely unusable pipe systems,) but after looking at the cost indexes, it does indeed look like the bulk of production is in Frat systems. My bad.

As an aside, though, they really hosed up their setup. Morsus Mihi built all those wonderful outposts, but the dumbass in charge of planning put their industrial center... in a former Minmatar system. Enjoy double taxes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Kesper North posted:

i vote flanders for OP :ullerrm:

I will write "delta sqad" in Tengwar and put that motherfucker on a ring and that will be the OP