Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Dalael posted:

Hey! French is not dead. Its horrible and obsolete, but still very much alive.

MON DIEU!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The shield tank on that is so pathetic it doesn't even come close to being double tanked

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

pmchem posted:

I just saw the banner ad saying that Mittens was banned, Querns is space CEO (is he CEO within the forums / inner circle too? what happened to Aryth and Weas?), and that Delve is falling to the most predictable invasion ever.

Can someone link me to to posts discussing the situation in more substantial detail? Especially the leadership stuff? thanks, I got vacationed from goonfleet forum stuff at the API change

None of the stuff in the banner ads is true, hth

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Die Zombie Die posted:

holy poo poo. So many titans.

that's just the armor fleet. Shield fleet still at home

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

So the Exoplanet minigame takes a bit to figure out but is pretty cool I guess and I have 4 worthless skins now so :toot:

The BPCs are worth a fair amount of isk

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

20m seems a bit on the low side. I rat in a Nid with t1 templars and manage to clear an entire rock haven in 15 minutes for about ~28m a tick

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

7 million sterile conduits? Like, they go for 1.3m each on jita, so that's 9 trillion on those alone. gently caress that noise

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think I made Madcows and his merry band of hotdroppers mad by moonwalking out of their gank attempt in my nid

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

MaxPowers posted:

lol if you think im in charge of any of that. I also lost that bomber getting high on a gate :iiam:

I was genuinely surprised that withdrawing my fighters, then launching them to deceive the disrupt falcon and nearly blapping the solitary astero that they were using as tackle would work, but it did

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Xae posted:

They already have stealth bombers and attack BCs that do this.

The "problem" appears to be that nano gang idiots refuse to fly them because they pop easily and they don't want their shiny kill board getting messed up.

Judging by the stream of dead carriers and supers on zkillboard they die pretty often, just not to the same setups people use to gank VNIs.

I almost got ganked in my nid by a gang on Saturday that consisted of 12 bombers, a Falcon and an astero for tackle, and only got away because the falcon didn't notice that I'd relaunched my fighters after recalling them and blew the astero into structure so he warped off allowing me to warp off. They then came back a few hours later with more warp disruptors fitted and managed to snag a few carriers who were too lazy to call for help

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you're stupid dont respond to me ty and godbless

This feels wrong

THERE WE ARE

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I've just bought my first super and as I sit on the undock of our Keepstar my first thought is "how long until I can buy a second super that I can use for ratting?"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Since when does Goonwaffe have participation requirements? If your going to change the rules about things like that an EVE mail or something would be appreciated.

are you really trying rules lawyer a director? Really?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

He's not my director, I've been kicked out :shrug:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

andromache posted:

The best part of this purge? Guess what ship people in Rutibex's situation (not on jabber, not on mumble, no paps, but logged into eve in the last 24 hours) are flying 90% of the time?

You guessed it...

Vexor Navy Issue.

and they won't be missed

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

There should only be one criteria for Goonwaffe membership "Does this person have a current Somethingawful.com forums membership" Yes/no

and you're still rules lawyering someone in Imperium leadership who actually makes the rules you're trying to lawyer against. You may actually be dumber than the average jfg

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I'm not lawyering anything. I know he can do whatever he wants and there is nothing I can do about it. I'm just saying, in my opinion, random purges of goons with no warning is a stupid policy for an alliance called Goonfleet.

You're rules-lawyering again. Keep digging, idiot

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

What work is that exactly? I haven't seen a recruitment thread in GBS for literal years. You talk about community engagement, but what efforts has Goonwaffe leadership made to engage with SA? It is supposed to be the corp that represents the SA forums, yet no one can be bothered to post about purges happening in Goonwaffe on the SA forums.

oh this is going to be fun

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'm more amazed that he doesn't know who Atrum is, because everyone in Goonswarm has probably been denied SRP at some point

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

orange juche posted:

You have to lose a ship in an actual PVP encounter to get reimbursement iirc. rooty tooty just rats and mines.

Hell I got denied shitstack srp because of the wrong prop mod once, but it was some piece of poo poo hurricane I wanted to dump

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

you've had 4 dipshit posts in a row with this theme, i don't think your dumb shtick is working.

nah

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

wafflethief posted:

So ITT, fool who doesn't contribute or make any effort to get involved in community whines about being kicked for not contributing or being involved in community?

I mean, "install jabber, run it once a week" can't be that loving hard can it? Hell, I have no mic, but I still have speakers so I run mumble and listen on fleet ops

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

Did Rutibex wise up or just take a nap? I was waiting for Mittens to show up and announce his commissar finger was itchy

Mittens is in the UK and as it's almost midnight he should be close to drunk as gently caress by now

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

Bugger, I was in London last three days seeing Crimson play the Albert Hall

I'm half tempted to go to see Public Service Broadcasting do their late night prom in July because seeing 'The Race For Space' with a full orchestra would be amazing, but it's a work night

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I was saving up for a titan, but now that my services are no longer needed in cap swarm

how would you have known if your services were needed, if you were never on jabber to receive pings for capswarm ops, or on mumble to hear if the standing fleet needed help?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Dalael posted:

those who are in the coalition just for the easy isk.

in this rutibex's case, it also worked as intended

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

No one bothered me about this stupid poo poo when I was in Groon. We just tooled around Syndicate doing whatever.

I joined Goonwaffe because I assumed it was the corp for posters on the SA forums

And your meltdown over the last 24 hours has proved what an incredibly lovely fit you actually are, what with you essentially not being in any way, shape or form participating in anything Goonwaffe related except for posting in this thread. Fuckety bye and stay in high sec pubbie

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

i would argue his autistic meltdown proves how well he fits in :v:

it seems more toddler than autistic to me

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Just to be clear, being randomly purged is not a slight inconvenience. I'm researching capital ship construction blueprints atm (in high sec thank god) so I can get into capital construction. If I was running capital ship construction jobs when my roles got pulled all of my industry jobs would be cancelled and I would lose billions of isk in materials. All of my market orders get hosed up too, and you have to pay tax upfront just to post market orders.

I think purging people to make them pay attention or whatever is a really dumb policy, and I can't risk having that happen again if I get into bigger production. So I'm going to see what I can do in NPC 0.0, where no one owns the stations.

all you had to do was install jabber or mumble and literally log in for one minute a month on both or either, and you felt that was such an inconvenience to you or frankly beneath you as a true goon that special discompensation should be made to you and you alone. gently caress off you entitled shitbird

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

causticBeet posted:

This dude has forever been the most obvious troll. He went from sharing totally shitfit ratting and pvp domi fits and playing the “hurr durr how to eve” game, to talking authoritatively about supers and industry over the course of like 5 months. Throwing a fit about LeAvInG fOr GrEeNeR pAsTuReS after not logging into jabber for a year, yet still playing actively enough to post retarded poo poo in this thread daily, exemplifies this.

Don't forget, they also claimed to be in capswarm and yet never logged into jabber or mumble to actually receive a ping for a capswarm op

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'd not put much faith in the forums dates though as Atrum has said:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

That would be rules lawyering and against the spirit of the purging policy.

you genuinely want there to be an exception for you, just because you post here

Kimsemus posted:

you've been doing a little rules lawyering yourself for the past five pages as that one bad poster pointed out

my posting isn't bad, it's loving terrible, which is why I fit in in this thread

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Rutibex log, Stardate 20190629:
Having been kicked out of the Imperium for being useless and generally annoying I have set out to make my own way in the void. No longer being a low level goon I have put on my traditional regalia. NPC corporations are gross, and everyone needs some nice tittles!

At first I tried to do some station trading in Jita, but I soon found that was impossible. Hundreds of extremely high level poop sockers live there, and have squeezed every cent of profit out of the entire idea. No only that, you have to update your orders every 5min or you get outbid immediately :argh: So instead I decided I would set up shop in an out of the way corner of NPC 0.0 space. Everyone always says that 0.0 is dead and empty, so I went out to see if that was true. Turns out it is! Using my trusty Proteus (and DOTLAN) I was able to scout around the galaxy and find the absolute most out of the way place imaginable. I settled on the region of Stain (where the Sanshas live!). There is no way to even fly to this region without going through 30 jumps of one sovereign alliance or another (Goons on one side Test on the other). I loaded up my Proteus with blueprint copies and made a run for it. There was one close call but I made it in alright. The region is dead as a door nail, I barely saw a half dozen people on my way in. I was able to find an out of the way area with clone service, reprocessing, and manufacturing and set up shop :D All I had with me was my Proteus, blueprints, and a few modules I could fit in the cargo hold (some Miner 2s and extra T2 drones). I didn't want to risk my expensive Proteus so I set out to do some mining in a newbie ship. I spawned an extra one and doubled up on the civilian mining laser :science: My hope was I could mine enough material to build a Venture and improve my yield. It was slow going at first:

Eventually I got frustrated with mining in a newbie ship so I decided to take a risk. I got my Proteus out and killed a bunch of the rats. I was able to reprocess their loot into the minerals I needed to make my Venture :D

Someone in the system was selling a Myrmidon hull, so I bought that. I don't have any fittings so I will have to make them myself. At least I have the hull! I have a Myrm blueprint but it would take me forever to mine enough minerals to make one in a Venture. Once I have the Myrm up and running I will be able to transition to ratting instead of mining! Ratting in a Myrmidon should net me enough to build a Dominix, and eventually a Thanatos.
There was only one structure in the system, a refinery owned by this powerful alliance:

this was better when Videogames made the same posts, but theirs were more endearing and 10000% less loving stupid

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I'm not a freeloader. I paid billions in taxes, and those taxes pay your SRP and director salaries. You and everyone claiming ships are the freeloaders :colbert:

Do you ever stop loving whining about how you got kicked for not being able to log into mumble or jabber for a few minutes a month?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

all he had to do was log into mumble and jabber once a month, but this was just too much effort...

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

orange juche posted:

It's super loving easy to join Goons though you just slide in under one of the hundreds of pubbie corps.

It's also really easy to stay in Goons, just log into jabber and mumble once a month

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Is the idiot really dying on the hill of "opening jabber once a month and staying logged in" is too much like space work again?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Skex posted:

Counterpoint, Megathron

:emptyquote:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The Tormentor is the derpiest looking ship in the game, and all of the skins just make it look derpier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I don't think normal carriers are ever used in any fleets? I've never seen a call for them. I figure if the capital ships are coming out people will be jumping in their supers or dreadnoughts.

There's plenty of pings for carriers and dreads, I see them more often than I have super pings