Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I fondly remember getting someone probated in a non-eve thread because they were a loving moron, only for them to take action against my inactive goonsquad account because I was somehow a spy/pubbie. Enjoy your dead game weirdo.

:owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Was it dbrb?

No, it was someone who fancied themselves a spymaster but also wasn't important enough to remember their name. It was also years at this point. DBRB is unforgettable.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

CainFortea posted:

I was going to say Vio

This sounds more familiar. It doesn’t really matter, but it does make me chuckle every blue moon when something about eve pops up.

It’s like being accused of being a witch, but instead of death, some dude just keeps you from joining a space guild.

If I am a pubbie, you are all pubbies.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

PookBear posted:

(late) memorial day reminder that royofca convinced me to join the military then blew his brains out while I was at bootcamp lol

Mental illness and suicide isn't really funny, fyi.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Rutibex posted:

lol oh CCP

Whats wrong with the picture?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Seriously, how one can expect leaving an unfueled citadel somewhere and afking for ages and not have it blown up, moreso leaving expensive stuff there, moreso being so sure in ccp that stuff gets into rear end safety if anything happens?

This is a really dumb question considering that is the way they were designed.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

So have they not figured out ways to make large fleet battles happen without lag?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

RYYSZLA posted:

You weren't asking me but I was told that Karmafleet is: More active in general than goonwaffe, more active in EUTZ (my tz) and if you don't have post history (like me & the guy who you were asking don't), you aren't getting into 'waffe fullstop, also with the level of background checks and infrastructure Karma do & have access to, they're functionally identical (although this might be me misunderstanding what I was told)

Lmao at going through a background check for a video game.

Especially one as bad as this.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Wibla posted:

So when are you logging in? We've got a war on, it'll be great fun for everyone.

Nah, TIDI isn't fun.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Was this close to resubbing , so i jumped onto ESI and then....

Lmao, what a poo poo show. I don't even want to know the entire process to getting this fixed. Its a space ship video game. I guess I am a deep cover spy. 13 years on the forums is playing the long con.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 6, 2020

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

NGC773 posted:

You are going to need to post more to be allowed in.

I am going to go from 3 posts a day for 13 years to 6 post a day for another 13.

Maybe then they will let me play the dumb game another month before i quit.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

evilweasel posted:

banned from goonfleet or banned from EVE Online?

Goonfleet. Or that is what ESI is telling me anyway.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

this happened to me when i rejoined back in feb, it fixed itself basically

I don't understand how you rejoin if ESI is like the very first step and you are banned from it. :iiam:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Maneck posted:

Shoot an email to newbies@goonfleet.com identifying your SA account, your goonfleet.com forums account and the pilot you're trying to get invited.

If you're banned, you'll have to talk to someone else, but I should be able to tell you whether you're actually banned or if it's just a display bug.

Yeah, that is way too much effort to play video games.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Ynglaur posted:

Emailing...so difficult. Interacting with..other people...such challenge...nnngh

Yeah dude, I am not emailing video game HR to rejoin the space guild.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

DBRB is looking rough these days guys. Time catches up to us all, but drat.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

RYYSZLA posted:

Just whatever you do, make sure you come to Ichoriya, where me and the trianglebois won't shoot you, I promise

Are they just going to own that place permanently?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Triglavian Invasion is maybe the dumbest thing CCP has ever done.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

NGC773 posted:

Whats up with them camping a system and insta-killing anything that jumps in?

I mean, you just force people to get standings with the trigs and then go back to exactly what they were doing before. Its just so pointless. Get a rookie ship, shoot at edencom, go back to normal. No meaningful decisions made. No drawback for choosing.

The only things being gained is pissing off people who are uninformed. I am sure at this point its lost them more money in subs then its gained.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Discussion Quorum posted:

I'm still not fully up to speed on all of this new alien stuff. Until they killed those Horde JFs I was happily flying through their systems (granted always in an interceptor/frigate/pod) :shrug:

Do they leave you alone once you have standings, and is CONCORD still a thing in those systems? Asking for a me.

You go shoot one evecom guy and its like nothing changed. Evecom doesn't shoot you until you are -1.0 with them. Trigs shoot you until you have any positive rep with them.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

NGC773 posted:

Yikes, sounds like another ill thought out 'content' from CCP. It only serves to catch out the casual players.

Yes. It seems especially strange considering the casual player is the player who will walk away from the game the easiest.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

RYYSZLA posted:

To be fair, it's not "complete" yet

Imagine if incursions only spawned the smallest easiest sites and we just assumed that was all there is to it, that's basically what you're doing now. Not that I hold it against you, CCP gave you no choice really. The lore explanation for all this stuff is non-existant so far

I don't understand the comparison. One is an optional part of the game a casual player can understand and plan their game time around pretty easily and the other is being instantly exploded in the middle of highsec while doing your arc mission. I can't imagine what the new player experience is like with these things going on. Low level agents are giving them missions and lead into instant death with no alternative pathways into a target system. Its loving dumb on levels never seen before in eve.

And turning a highsec system into a nullsec system, forever, seems incredibly dumb considering how highsec is mapped out. loving with highsec at a massive level is going to dumpster this game.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 14, 2020

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Stereotype posted:

I got a huge warning message when I tried to jump into a Trig invaded zone. Basically just "don't jump in here because you will die" so I went around it.

Seemed pretty clear to me as a total newbie casual

There are systems in which you can't go around it. This is going to get worse the longer it goes on.

Like, imagine being a returning player and seeing all your poo poo in a highsec system that is now nullsec. A system where you will be instantly podded.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Where can i even shoot a drat edecom ship? searching online leads me to zero loving answers.

JFC this game.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

lite_sleepr posted:

Open the Agency, go to Triglavian, click on stellar recon, and go to the high sec systems where invasions are happening.

As I understand they only invade high sec of .5 or higher.

I did this just now, funny enough there is exactly one highsec system in the rear end end of nowhere. I traveled the vast area of lowsec just to get there. I am now .01 and now white to trigs. Mission success.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

lite_sleepr posted:

Sickening has seen the Abyss, and found it welcoming.

The Flow must not be denied. Extirpate those would would deny the Flow.

I will bitch though that NPC ships that were EDENCOM weren't even listed as EDENCOM. Nothing in the details of the ship at all. They seemed like like regular Faction NPCs that you would get concorded for shooting at. It wasn't until i flew to the correct staging area and noticed PCs shooting them and then using my rookie ship to pot shot them.

If only the Interface told you enough to get you squared away with what is going on. PVE mechanics don't need to be shrouded in loving mystery.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ASAPI posted:

This actually screws up people and is NEVER explained properly.

Like said above, go to a system that just started getting invaded by the Trigs (use tha agency tab to find it).

Go to the smallest Edencom spawn (will show up in the agency tab again)

There will be some ships there (or they will spawn shortly) that are NOT a Trig or "Edencom" (like the new ships). Instead it will be racial navy ships for your region. Depending on your overview settings, they may or may not show up.

Kill ANY on the racial naval ships that spawn at your site, then warp out.

After the tick, you will lose like .02 standings with Edencom and no change with the Trigs.

Note: there are still some Trigs that will shoot at you. Not exactly sure if I encountered a bug or they are special somehow, didn't stick around to verify. But the gate camps will leave you alone.

To expand upon this, I saw the exact same gain with the trigs that I saw losses with Edencom. I am at .01 and -.01 respectively after shooting at a few ships getting blown up by another fleet. I asked if I could do just that in local and I think every person shooting at things invited me over.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

Make a space ship so big that it exists in multiple systems at once.

And give it the old doomsday weapon.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

like 98% of the old guard of serious try hard eve players have all quit the game, it's just a theme park now of scheduled fights and no stakes

poo poo hasn't mattered since 2013/2014

Good. :smugdon:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Snail Information posted:

And people wonder why the goonfleet forums are a ghosttown.

Are you really whining that the powers that be didn't let the goonfleet and SA forums continue to be a a haven for racists and bigots?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

can you please go back to sh/sc and stay there

disclaimer: i think doing racisms is bad and I am glad there are fewer racisms being done in the online spaces i frequent

:fuckoff:

Nah, don't think I will.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Loden Taylor posted:

Long gone. After the whole mortgage modification thing came crashing down, he joined the Army as an infantryman. He was at 10th Mountain while I was there, though I never ran into him.

Did a search in global a year or two ago but couldn't find him anymore, so he's either out or he's changed his name.

A lawyer going into the army as an enlisted infantry has to be a meteor like fall. Almost fitting considering.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

If by "jabber and mumble" you mean "not discord," it's because discord is third party. You can't control the servers, and the counterintel aspect of eve simply can't be done there. Also, it's relatively simple for a poorly-socialized, undershowered individual to get a discord server shut down by flagrantly abusing the ToS, then reporting the server.

Don't expect GSF to move to discord ever.

Lmao, of course spying on you is it’s only redeeming quality. :bravo:

While not impossible, I am skeptical on it being that easy to shut a community down considering how many of these exist out there that would already having nerds trying to shut it down. Test using it for one should be all the proof needed.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

PathAsc posted:

Jabber and mumble work just fine, why move to another platform?

Why use a single, flexible, modern application when you can use separate, ancient software?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Didya login in here just to salt over some random ex-goon who tried to bend valkorsia over?
No? Good.

I really hope this isn't what it sounds like you are implying. Please let this be just grogs arguing over in game mechanics.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

You see an empty titan and no one in a jdc5 range, will you start a new diary page or just go 'look mom a free titan, aura gimme skills I'm jumping in!'

or

You actually implying, like other papi mouthbreathers, that no "goon" member can be trusted in any of his posts and it's always a plan to lie and undermine, to steal and provoke?
Adding the spvg post (a pretty normal corp ownership disagreement) into the bucket...are you guys projecting? :laffo:
grr gons hat gons much? :yaycloud:

Video games does terrible things to people. Holy Moly.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

merk asked me after the other admins deliberated so imo he did the correct thing

The goon supreme court deliberated behind closed and found that they had made the correct ruling. Comedy will not stand in this holy place.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

We didn't want those regions anyway.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Micromancer posted:

I'd just like to give a shout out to my man Dran Arcana for diplo-ing this poo poo through

Reddit corp has gone off to join the other Reddit corps, good luck fueling structures.

This is bad news for the home team right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Loky11 posted:

Really? Who is it?

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

also holy poo poo, one of eve's most persistent antigankers is an unironic cultist irl, like branch davidian tier.

we followed a couple of links on his bio and it linked to 6 hour power point presentation of why this guy thinks he's jesus and there being a crowd of like 30 people agreeing with him and watching his presentation

i always knew they were nuts

Careful with this. It wasn’t that long ago that a goon linked someone LinkedIn from their public twitter and got a perma. I would keep the details offsite.