Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the day after i started hyperdunking he asked me everything about it, him being a starred person in the miniluv jabber i happily obliged and gave him all the deets

the next day there was a themittani.com article about it exactly how it was done, exposing one of the potentially biggest secrets that could've been in eve.

not that i care any more, but at the time it was like 'what the gently caress'

Of all the things to get airlocked for, that has to be right up there. Selling state secrets for mouseclicks is pretty loving dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I have serious doubts that raising the price brought them a net profit.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Why do all that when they can go max greed and also bring no value?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I said come in! posted:

lol looks like CCP is cracking down hard now on real money trading of ISK. I've been buying ISK through this method for years because it's significantly cheaper, and you get way more ISK. Last night though CCP gave me a warning and took all of my isk away. That is completely on me, I knew the risks, etc, etc. But also it just means i'm even less likely to stay subbed and will stop playing when my sub runs out next month. But the fact still remains, they didn't start caring until they increased their monthly sub, everyone got upset, and it has become their last hope for keeping the game alive. I love seeing CCP scramble to find a justification for all of this while they do absolutely nothing with Eve Online but enforce RMT rules.

When you say way cheaper? how much are we talking? Because the effort of saving 10 bucks a months dealing with shady 3rd parties seems... way too much effort and risk.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Mederlock posted:

Pochven was loving amazing and I'm still irate with the idiots who ruined it for everyone

Reads like a lot of folks hosed that all up. Leadership just not wanting to do Pochven was the deciding factor though. No matter how critical Pochven is or isn't, that doesn't mean poo poo if the Directorate doesn't want it.

SRP drama is always so comical though. I want SRP for this dumb thing->overreaction for asking for SRP for dumb thing->but why->some nuclear director response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

dragonshardz posted:

Most goons make money through industry. The thing which enriches line members most, and builds a deep bench of assets that appreciate or can used to build warships, is industry.

Ratting isn't even what makes the alliance most of its funds.

:doubt:

While I don’t doubt that most of the alliance money is generated by this, I find it doubtful the average line member is making their money through industry. It’s more likely a select few are making big piles of isk and others are just getting by.