Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
hi anela

i don't play this poo poo game anymore because of theta's racism but i remember you fondly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

yogizh posted:

That was a long time since you have played then. Now we have fluffy pillows and safe space buttons.

I mean I guess January 2018 was a while ago, sure

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

can it be free of unironic N-bombs?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

also it wasn't really jabber that had the problem, at least there I could chill with queerswarm and they were cool as absolute gently caress

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Dalael posted:

I hope it can, but it probably never will. Not unless people actually start reporting that poo poo. And people can't relent. Goons & pubbies alike are like kids. You have to repeat yourself non-stop. Every time you hear the n word, you press that report button.

Yeah I tried that and nearly got purged for being too annoying about it. When you press the report button a lot (because there is a lot to report!) in a dictatorship, people eventually get tired of you. It got to the point where some of the mumble cops knew me by name.

It also got to the point where I'd press record every time the conversation got bad, and when I realized I was recording more often than not recording I decided eve is loving terrible and went somewhere else

It's been like 6 months so I guess it's possible theta has changed, but considering how intensely they were back-patting themselves over the cultural revolution even back when I was active, I doubt it. Theta is the only mumble channel I've ever been on that made me physically, actually, sick-to-my-stomach ill, when a vietnam veteran took two hours to tell stories about and justify himself for murdering children irl. He even had a song about it, one line of which is stuck in my head and I will probably never forget until I die.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Because it was war. That was his reason

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Oh, I elected to not sit in theta. Or goonswarm. Or eve.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yeah if theta was grossing you out then you wouldn't stand a chance anywhere else, poo poo is so much worse outside the walls

Nah I don't agree. I've been in a solid goon group for over a year and there hasn't been anything offensive at all

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i meant in eve, seeing as you said that you don't play it

Oh, well yeah I guess that's probably true. Especially when all the people I had problems with in theta were pubbies

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Kimsemus posted:

sorry if it's a stupid question but what do you mean by the 64 bit client? Are they working on converting from 32 bit? Blizzbois just did this with WoW.

wow's had a working, out-of-beta 64 bit client for more than five years now

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Groon was an extremely cool group except for one person that burned me out and I absolutely wish them well

I think they made a good call playing Blood Bowl instead of garbage pail Eve Online

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Hexel posted:

i am happy to report that modern GSF is a microaggression-free and inclusive safe space

since when

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I wonder what Gevlon Goblin would think of this thread basically turning into How To Be Gevlon Goblin

I looked up his blog and found unironic spreadsheets and graphs about his World of Warships play, so I guess even Gevlon had the good sense to get out.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Rutibex posted:

Sorry, I assumed anyone playing this game would be wealthy enough to be able to start subbing with PLEX after 5 months. It is a bad deal if you are bad at EVE.

lmao yes you're "bad at eve" if you don't station trade like gevlon freaking goblin just to save an irl pittance

just because you can sub with plex doesnt mean you should

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Landsknecht posted:

na like in 2016-17 we were still playing eve and just doing a bit of pubg/rocket league/OW/whatever-fotm-game on the side, but now it's become "play other games regularly, and eve on the side"

this is precisely what happened to groon, until groon came to the realization that eve is garbage and the sub wasn't worth bothering with anymore

perhaps someday others will too

e: last i checked they were playing blood bowl, and having way the gently caress more fun with that than anyone has ever had in eve

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Bilirubin posted:

join Groon

do this. dont play eve, though

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

why the hell would this matter at all

it's not like they emit aerosolized emasculation miasma that shrinks your testicles by merely being near them

if you're talking about goonfleet's racists, actually they do

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

that's true, it is 2019

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

If you're looking at "this RNG has a significant chance to completely gently caress you over and cause you to lose everything", the only way you can compare that to Diablo is back when playing inferno hardcore would randomly tee you up Invulnerable Minions + Vortex + Arcane + Jailer and you're hosed now, goodbye hero

That was not a popular feature in that game and was removed for a reason

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

RNG got a lotta issues but I'll admit I am way more pro-RNG than pro-EVE

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Eve already has diablo-style loot rng, you can see this any time some shmuck does a 10/10 and gets overseer effects

Changing anomaly parameters in a fully-RNG way seems like the exact opposite of what an Eve pve grognard would want. OK this complex only allows up to battlecruisers, oh no the affixes are capacitor drain and explosive damage and the two random spawns are both webbers and I'm scrammed and my billion isk pve yacht is about to get loving dumpstered, thanks random affixes, see you next time

Incursions were supposed to introduce moderate pve RNG and the very first thing the players did was hammer out a precise uniform formula on what to bring every time so that they could eliminate their chance of losing ships

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

arent incursions basically the "active pve" you are asking for

we used to have incursions occasionally spawn in goonspace and for a long time unless you were in that specific small group it was pretty fuckin rare for anyone to even go near them unless they blocked a major jump bridge and then the directorate would yell at us to

the most common reason i remember for no one being interested in them was no one really had the right ships ready to go, and a random-affix pve situation in eve is going to mean that if you haven't invested the potentially large sums of money it would require to set yourself up right for that instance, you aint doing it

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

all the more reason my question stands, then

if people do nullsec incursions now that's fine, i haven't played in a year since i got tired of how frequent the racial slurs were, i don't know what the current universe is like

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Ad by Khad posted:

arent incursions basically the "active pve" you are asking for

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

o ok

excuse me for the faux pas of not posting about exactly what you want to talk about, i wasn't really paying attention

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

yeah i scrambled up a guardian to help GSOL kill an incursion quick a few times

they deal with enough bullshit already without having their lifelines go offline, least i could do

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

"dice roll before player decision" is basically exactly how diablo inferno hardcore worked, and once you stumbled into the wrong section of your screen your decision was which class you want to re-roll now that you've lost this character you spent dozens of hours on

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

that falcon post is like, three entire major expansions worth of changes

you gonna whiplash the gently caress out of your players if you even did a quarter of that poo poo all at once

i'm not knowledgeable to speak on whether those changes would be any good but i dont need to be qualified to see that that is a whole lotta change, too much change

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Man is it ever heartwarming as gently caress to see goon celebrity Micromancer standing up and helping out newbies, like an extremely well-armed dudely version of Anela Cistine back in the day. I got sent to theta many years ago being told they were good at helping newbies and lmao that was wrong

I'm a lot better at this than I ever was at eve, both involve a lot of dealings with weird sweaty nerds though

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Micromancer posted:

I had a similarly lovely time as a newbie directed to Theta, which I think is why I ended up where I am tbh.

Edit:

We are still working on the speaking up before you are dying part :p we'll get there though.

I spent enough time in standing fleet to know how bad most super pilots are at it, I understand your struggle there

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

sorry micro i didn't mean to draw weird attention to you I figured everyone knew who you were because why the hell wouldnt they

CainFortea posted:

If Ad by Khad is who I think it is (which i'm not certain of by any means) they got ran out for being an absolute FYGM shitlord. If not, then I dunno.

nah. i've been in goonfleet like 5 times over the years, for years on some occasions. my last stint was 2018, where all the pubbie racists on mumble caused me to quit the game

fun fact: i've spent more time playing video games and having fun with eve goons and directorate people in a single month of playing warframe than in however the gently caress many years i spent in goonwaffe. don't gotta deal with racists, and they don't even know i played eve because we don't talk about it because we have better things to talk about

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

2018 wasnt Dek. I did spend considerable time living in Dek, but that ain't me

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

You're cool as heck, micro

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Falcon being all whiny about null being safer than high is some serious "grr goons are too good at this game" poo poo

then he follows it up by talking about removing asset safety, which would allow large groups to completely BTFO any small group that tries to engage in nullsec any time they want

o ok

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

if delve is safe, it is because people went to a lot of trouble making it that way

do you want player-empires in this game or not, pearl abyss?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Rutibex posted:

It throws off the risk vs reward of the game. Nullsec space should never be safer than empire space, regardless of what the alliance that owns it does. It makes no in-lore sense that Delve has mineral composition like the virgin outer rim yet has more mining activity than any system in empire space. CCP should make the minerals in Delve only spawn Veldspar, and the Bloodraider rats should be restricted to frigates (because goons blew up all of their high bounty battleships). This would reflect the fact that Delve has become just as safe as The Forge.

then goons will move

maybe to your lovely rat's nest in stain?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

i didn't mind syndicate when i was in groon. more open layout than deklein without being as confusing as haunted house delve

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

goons could adapt to that dumb idea just fine though. delve only has veld now? o ok, there's a great big empty universe that can be exploited instead

what are you gonna do, stop them?

Rutibex posted:

Eventually alliances that are too large for their area will fully deplete it and be forced to conquer new areas to maintain their economics.

how many groups in the game do you think could do this

is your answer "one"? it should be

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

more dynamic maybe, since it causes more regular change in the universe

more interesting? not if you're one of the people in the space goons hit, where your own lack of asset safety means you put nothing on the line which means it is fully impossible for you to stand a chance

it's easy for you to make these harebrained weirdo posts since you live in the backwater no one wants, though. that's your asset safety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Rutibex posted:

In the end we are all just playing an internet spaceship game

extremely large lmao no

Micromancer posted:

it doesnt even work at all because it doesnt suppress the post, just hides it behind a 21 TRUE FACTS ABOUT YOUR NUTSACK NUMBER 7 WILL SHOCK YOU levels of theres a post here, and you wont like it so Im not going to show it to you by default but you know god damned well you are going to tell me to show it to you anyway so click this I guess

really all ignore is is seeing posts you dont want to see with extra steps

the one time i got value out of the forums ignore function was when bakoon had a gif in his signature of a human eyeball getting sliced open, and he'd post dozens of times a day so putting him on ignore was the only way to stop seeing it

he and his unironic poop fetish moved to twitter, though

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 28, 2019