Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I'd send them a bunch of nonsense and vague legal mumbo jumbo. Hopefully I can waste as much of Bob's money as possible before he realizes that EU laws don't apply to Canada.

Um.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

i wanted to lose at eve for a bit with a friend but all my accounts have 2 factor auths I no longer have stored on my phone and getting them back seems like an impossible process because the GM replies once every 3 days and is asking for information about the accounts from 6 years ago that I'll never remember

thanks for listening

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Is the GoonWaffe joining stuff in the OP still relevant? If I do get my accounts back it would be cool to sponsor my friends in, god knows I'm not the one to teach them about the game I can't remember a thing

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I have my characters back! However I'm getting a 500 error when trying to (re-)register them on the Goonswam ESI page, I looked in GS_Help but it appears to be empty- where's the best place to go for help these days?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So my friend has just come back to the game to find he's been accidentally subscribed for the last 14 months :v:, I told him to contact support and they gave him 22mil SP to spend. I know of the magic 14 but are there any other must-haves for a brand new player? interceptors are always still useful right? (i still don't have forums access or I'd take a look)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

You can't auth alts via the ESI unless you first sign into that account on the EVE:Online page. :ccp:

(Didn't read to see if anyone else answered)

I've tried both ways, I don't know if the problem is CCP or goonfleet.com side. I was able to use the SSO auth to add my chars to eve-skillplan.net but they're using a different set of permissions so it's not a straight comparison

e: it could be that there's some strange block on my accs atm, as I tried to change the emails on the accounts and its still not gone through

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 3, 2021

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

CCP fixed whatever they broke and I was able to re-register my chars. Just waiting for auth now! If I want to sponsor in outside friends, do I need to be in goonfleet for 30 days again or does the fact that I was in before count?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Last time I played I had good fun in a cloaky astero with an explorer fit, but also with a web/scram to pounce on pubbie explorers and steal their lunch. I was looking up fits but the goon wiki just seems to focus entirely on the exploration part these days (i.e. run a heron with no offensive capability at all). Has something changed re nerfs or is it just not worth the time to murder people?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Down With Thatcher

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Ccp put out a new promo and it could use some comments and votes.

https://youtu.be/OUKE9ow-wKo

Wow the real tragedy is we got the mining changes instead of WSIS (Walking Sassily In Stations)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Foehammer007 posted:

Does anyone actually love this game?? lmao

I do, I have long periods of not playing it but always come back because no-one is currently making a game with anywhere near as much complexity. I imagine things probably go round in circles and in several years the hype will be back onto huge sprawling MMO games instead of tightly focused BR or whatever but until then it's EVE or what, wow classic?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I think he's being a bit dramatic, the popup has a checkbox so you can turn it off.

That said, if people are intent on quitting what better way to make sure you don't come back than giving away your stuff! :v: my in-game name is NikonZ

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

we had to headshot the Incursion spawn in delve today cos it was jamming important stuff, that was ISK and paps or those that need them

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ajaxify posted:

If you're lucky. If you're unlucky it lives in their custom network stack. If you're really unlucky it lives in the SQL database.

I've spend half my working life over the last 4 years upgrading various enterprise shitstacks from python2-3 and I'd LOVE to see some CCP code just to see if i can even make head or tail of it

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

Loading turrets by using VR controls to chamber one shell at a time.

Okay I'm bad at being bittervet.

i hear star citizen is hiring gameplay designers though

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

I don't get it. But then I never played that game.

nobody has- it's a game crowdfunding scam that promised "incredible high fidelity gameplay" where you would be able to command a ship that had a crew of 100 actual online players, like you would need a player whose job it was to literally load ammo into your ships guns full time in battles

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

TheWeedNumber posted:

so what can i do with my complimentary corvette ingame?

Shoot the jita monument

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Won't the "no capitals in incursions" one reduce the amount of caps to shoot? I'd have thought you wanted people out risking carriers and being juicy targets, and it doesn't seem like ratting in them is very common now

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I lost 4 myrms in 12 hours the other week, that was a good day.

(in my defence, TACO had broken and I didn't realise, also 2 of them were at the same time because i warped one myrm in to try and save the other one...)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

EVE 2022: make it more... psssshhhht

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Feliday Melody posted:

The game is pretty great otherwise. Maybe we can just ignore the Dr Who NFTs and maybe snag some free SP out of the event?

There's a chance that the actual events are pretty good despite being thematically stupid. It sounds like they're aiming them at newer players so there shouldn't be a massive SP requirement to run them, if they give decent rewards and are popular then all they have to do is find and replace "Dalek" with "Sansha" and we're away

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DARPA posted:

Galaxy Quest

hell yeah

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Baculus posted:

What if I told you that floss dance came from a video game!?

can you not spoil the new matrix movie please

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Cool TIE fighter cosplay

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

you don't have to engage with the person who almost certainly uses the term "psyops" unironically

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Havish is good people

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I mean if it makes you feel better, I've run a couple of the sites and could not have told you it was Doctor Who related without having been told beforehand. It's just your run-of-the-mill event site with less loot and skill point requirements. In terms of "the lore" there's less impact to the game than the fact that it snows in space in the winter event, for example

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Mini was watching the player count from empire and there were 2200 pilots in space in that system at its height.

local had 4100+ at one stage

I didn't do much looting, shot a few opportunitic TEST shuttles and feighters- got away with a 300m ratting Ishtar and also had fun even in turbo-tidi, which is the real victory

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

yeah let's not have RMT as a legal thing in game

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I don't want to earn money playing a game that's patently absurd, I want to spend a reasonable amount of money to be entertained by a game that I use as an escape from my life of earning money in an actual job.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rudeboy Detective posted:

They're probably just a little put off by how disgusting gooning is. I wish we were named after a better fetish thing.

If there's a disgusting fetish called gooning, it's definitely named after us not the other way round

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Just allow salvaging to work on active ships instead of just wrecks it's all I ask. I want to web/scram someone and strip the copper out of their electronics and fly off

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I can see that, if all the older players are flying T2 ships then that puts tremendous pressure on new players to skill in a very limited direction as fast as possible and that ain't great for the game. People getting in battleships too fast was the backbone of industry and killpeen points for a long long while and it would be nice to get that back.

running with Space Violence immediately made me hate the HAC meta, not only does it take ages to train into but it's the perfect Cowardly FC fleet (not our FCs obviously, who are brave and smart. It is the enemies who are very stupid), not only are they the best at alpha-ing things off the field but they're so fast you can almost always get yourself out of trouble. not being able to instantly nuke battleships off the grid means that they won't just be the default fleet for all occasions

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

you missed some of the best parts:

(4:35:34 PM) alexkent@goonfleet.com/20bhl2r5t2: it's off contract, i'll keep it
(4:36:51 PM) alexkent@goonfleet.com/20bhl2r5t2: also the guy that wanted it all he had to do was ask nicely and i would have sold it to him at cost
(4:37:14 PM) alexkent@goonfleet.com/20bhl2r5t2: as i did numerous times before
(4:41:54 PM) alexkent@goonfleet.com/20bhl2r5t2: everything i ever sold was always cheaper than market, cheaper than contracts, cheaper than mostly anywhere, i always gave everyone a chance to buy, and on many ocasions i just gave a bunch of stuff for free;
(4:42:38 PM) atrum_veneficus@goonfleet.com/64vyej16mt: you need to stay away from relisting because pretty much every discord / jabber channel I'm in, I'm getting mad props for "shutting down that loving oval office" (direct quote). So you certainly aren't making friends.
(4:44:51 PM) alexkent@goonfleet.com/20bhl2r5t2: eh, if have that many enemies i must be doing some things right
(4:46:40 PM) atrum_veneficus@goonfleet.com/64vyej16mt: It would be better served if those enemies weren't members of your own loving tribe and were, I don't know, maybe in PAPI?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

It is very strange that CCP haven't put a BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT gun in the game, obviously it would only be the animation and the actual impact ticks would have to be spaced out (or have it be a purely defensive PDC) but it would convince a lot of people that eve has sound again

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

It's not like you'd need to tell them to anchor up any more often than the average line goon either

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

My 2 week old megathron got blapped in the first few minutes, logi tried valiantly to save me but there was no stopping the damage really. i'd be thrilled about dying gloriously but my SRP got denied because apparently one of my low slots was wrong. expensive day but fun while it lasted

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Sickening posted:

I have no doubt. Doing it right would take a colossal effort and who wants another job in a video game.

It’s just humorous when a two week old character shows up in a battleship and then doesn’t get srp on a stray op because hey, fitting ships is hard and goons can’t miss an opportunity to dunk.

To be fair i'm not a 2 week old character- it was just a 2 week old battleship, this is the first op i've had the skills to be able to fly the baltec mega.

I bought it on contract in D-P so i guess I got lulled into a false sense of security (I think the doctrine may have changed in the last week or so and I missed the memo) and i didn't check the fit against the one in the MOTD so it's on me., just an expensive mistake when it was a reactive armor harder -> mag stab that means no SRP

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Oh whoops, I want to apologise to the good people at the SRP shop - I just checked the killmail again and it turns out that instead of the WRONG low slot I was missing a lowslot entirely: https://zkillboard.com/kill/99870995/

I must have fat fingered it into the cargo when ship spinning before undock or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

was this the patch with the proteus changes in? I'm so glad they buffed it I somehow have perfect proteus skills from 2016 the last time I took a break