Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Rutibex posted:

What the hell just happened to me? I wake up to this message and I'm now kicked from Goonwaffe for no particular reason. I didn't change my password or anything, and I log on almost every day. My forum account still works, and my characters are still ESA complaint. WTF? This is going to take a assload of time to fix because we are at war isn't it? :negative:

BTW the link to restore my account is dead and leads nowhere.

Hello, Atrum here.

I'm currently conducting a purge of Goonwaffe. This purge is not related to stratops or paps, but is based purely on community engagement.

Here is your file:

I've helpfully highlighted the important bits. See you in a week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Dude I post here every day

Dude, "here" is not goonfleet.com

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Those number are also not correct, I logged into the goonfleet.com forums last week to check out the war news.

I'm going off the jabber and mumble dates anyway. The forum dates do appear to be off.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Since when does Goonwaffe have participation requirements? If your going to change the rules about things like that an EVE mail or something would be appreciated.

Have you read my participation metrics that I publish monthly? There are no pap requirements, but community engagement is a thing. If I publish requirements you are going to just connect your poo poo just to check a box. I'm doing the first purge of the corporation since the ESI purge.

This is essentially part 2 of the ESI purge of last April. I purposely waited until the second month of a war to give people an opportunity to connect and do things. It appears you will have to undergo the gross inconvenience of waiting a week before you can log in and bot or whatever the gently caress you are doing that doesn't involve interacting with others.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

He's not my director, I've been kicked out :shrug: I don't like voice chat, I don't even have a mic on my PC. If I have to go out and buy a mic and log into voice chat on the reg I'm not going to bother trying to get back in. I like eve more casual.

It's an "or", not an "and". Jabber or mumble. Had you logged into jabber or mumble at any point during the month of May or June OR had a paplink in the last 90 days, nothing would have happened. That's literally the criteria I'm applying whilst going down the list.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

L0cke17 posted:

Good news, Myrmidons were always better for low SP and a safer ROI.

The best part of this purge? Guess what ship people in Rutibex's situation (not on jabber, not on mumble, no paps, but logged into eve in the last 24 hours) are flying 90% of the time?

You guessed it...

Vexor Navy Issue.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

There should only be one criteria for Goonwaffe membership "Does this person have a current Somethingawful.com forums membership" Yes/no

I will take the opinion of the man last seen in a vexor navy issue under serious advisement.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

CainFortea posted:

Ugh. What am I, some kind of peasant now? I actually have to do stuff.

Edit: I'm going to write a strongly worded evemail about this. You mark my words!

Connecting to jabber is a serious hardship. The struggle is real.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Laslow posted:

I just got purged too.

If I’m just on an extended leave just chilling and training skills in my capsule in 1DQ, it won’t be any more difficult to get unvacationed as before, right? I don’t have to really bother getting reactivated until a week or so before I actually want to log in and actually do something requiring me to undock, yeah?

Doesn’t seem like a big deal to me.

Literally the only consequence of this is that you have to wait 7 days from the time I purged you to reapply. If all you are doing is updating skillqueues, you can do that just fine, with the added benefit of freaking out intel every time you login.

There is a miniscule subset of players this will directly inconvenience, and it's people who do nothing other than contribute to Goonwaffe's ratting tax wallet via their VNI/Thanatos/Nyx being out of commission for a week.

The requirements to be accepted into Goonwaffe haven't changed (an SA account). The requirements of remaining in Goonwaffe are subject to my annoyance at the corporation's metrics not reflecting the retarded amount of work some people are doing versus my natural desire to procrastinate.

andromache fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 22, 2019

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

What work is that exactly? I haven't seen a recruitment thread in GBS for literal years. You talk about community engagement, but what efforts has Goonwaffe leadership made to engage with SA? It is supposed to be the corp that represents the SA forums, yet no one can be bothered to post about purges happening in Goonwaffe on the SA forums.

If I post about it in this thread before I do it, I run the potential of missing the rules-lawyering pieces of poo poo such as yourself who will connect to jabber to update their last connected date without actually engaging the alliance playerbase.

It seems to me like my net caught exactly the type of fish I was casting for. I'm going to leave it up to Maneck Streetpreacher whether he lets you back in, but that won't stop me from tossing you back out to sea the next time I get an itch to send the corporation to Fat Camp.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

Karmafleet gonna get tired of our poo poo and boot us from the alliance. They all "come join Karmafleet" or "come join Friends of Karmafleet" "we accept everyone" "we have hookers and blow". Mmmhmm. Gonna hollow us out and take us down. They've already cleverly taken over the newbie programs, the rest is just a matter of time.

Merkelchen and Faud have been trying to recruit me from 'waffe for literally years now. The poaching is real.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

glad to see goonswarm is still business as usual

you've had 4 dipshit posts in a row with this theme, i don't think your dumb shtick is working.

although as has been pointed out by others a few pages ago rutibex, most of the people on SA/posters ITT aren't even in goonswarm, and most of the larger SA community is more annoyed by bad goonswarm eve posters than anything else, so you're probably looking for sympathy in the wrong place.

atrum kicking you was probably a blessing in disguise, hth

Also, Hi Kimsemus. Long time no see!

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

hello friend

i see its purging season again :toot:

Indeed.

Just got off of National Guard Annual Training where I spent two weeks in a tent back in the rear end end of Kansas, letting my nutsack free float in a sea of sweat.

Time to distribute just a fraction of that pain to the masses. I always come off these things motivated and ready to Execute Change. Purging 600 characters and a few hundred accounts? No sweat.

andromache fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 22, 2019

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Kesper North posted:

~ Like a purgin
Cut for the very first time ~

Summer children Kesper, experiencing their first winter.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Paramemetic posted:

to be fair the metrics would look better for goonfleet if you somehow added all my shitposts on these dead gay comedy forums instead of focusing on the "goonfleet" forums where the spaceship video game happens

Yeah but if I did that, I lack a way to discriminate between your posts, which are cheeky and fun, and Rutibex's posts, which are cruel and tragic.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

I don't really have anything else to say. If goonwaffe is going to be the kind of corp that gets on my rear end about metrics like some god forsaken office job then its not a good fit for me. Getting all of my poo poo turned off arbitrarily again is really quite annoying so I'm going to play a game where that can't happen any more.

I use this image full well knowing that you'll be right back in the alliance in a week, having dealt with your type on many occasion over my 8 year (jesus christ) stint in the alliance direkktorate.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

poo poo I think I became a director about the same time

little weaselior had higher hopes for adult weaselior than that :smith:

You, Aryth and Innominate were all promoted in late 2010. Congrats on being the longest serving active director.

I got picked up in late 2011.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

froody guy posted:

Basically

:frogout:

So since atrum is loving around ITT and the goonion has been freed of the burden of 600 corpses, let's get some love lube in and #freekimsemus. He's not Angelique or something, right? Right? :tinfoil:

I mean those are just conversations between that individual and mittens. They’ve happened before, Cap, Diogenes, and Pooki Bear are all examples I can recall.

The only real requirement is a desire to return and the ability to have grown up conversations. It can be hard to take that first step to reach out and to keep reaching out until you get ahold of him.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

to be honest if I flew with goonswarm again it might motivate to get my titan out of AP and play more. An un-blacklist has been brought up a few times before, but I'm not sitting around waiting for it. If it happens, neat, if not, also cool, not gonna sweat about how goons run their show in EVE. I think the original technical mumbo jumbo reason was I was more loyal to ncdot than goons or whatever (because I leaked gicer/boat being jerks to people in another game) but the irony is I was blacklisted from ncdot as soon as I joined goonswarm :v:

IDK how to get a hold of mittens if it's up to him, so it's all good either way. It would be nice to shitpost jabber again with bros though. :toot:

I think he's in a couple discords. I could find out which ones if you were interested in talking to him. It's never going to just "happen" on its own. Every unblacklist I've witnessed has involved personal conversations between the individual and Mittens or Sion.

I guess given Merkelchen being the new Sion you could try him too.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Dalael posted:

This makes me think Atrum, if/when EVE eventually kicks the bucket, will there be a mad dash to fix the services so not everyone gets kicked? Any contigencies for this?

Not really a "mad dash." There's one job that runs every few hours that compares a user's member group against their characters to verify they do, in fact, have at least one character in the Eve corporation corresponding to that member group. If it doesn't find a match, it drops you to the Member group which basically can't do anything except maybe helldump.

It's the reason why you can't put all your characters in your altcorp, for example.

That job used to not apply to Goonwaffe at all, but after the ESI purge and the multiple confirmed capital group spies that were caught in that cleanup, we decided to apply it to Goonwaffe.

Stopping use of the "Vacationers" group was due to several separate incidents where toxic bittervets couldn't keep themselves from ruining it for everyone else. Everyone who has Vacationer status still has it, there's just no new Vacationers being made.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

all you had to do was install jabber or mumble and literally log in for one minute a month on both or either, and you felt that was such an inconvenience to you or frankly beneath you as a true goon that special discompensation should be made to you and you alone. gently caress off you entitled shitbird

I purged about 300 accounts. There has been only one person complain. I've gotten a lot more messages and PMs from people that dodged the bullet by their random fleet or how their pc saved them by auto launching jabber. A few other people who were like "okay, nbd, back in a week."

All in all, by my calculations 99.7% of the people affected have acted like mature adults about this situation. However, there's always that one guy.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Don't forget, they also claimed to be in capswarm and yet never logged into jabber or mumble to actually receive a ping for a capswarm op

Relevant repost:

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Yeah, the forum dates in Manager are hosed and Bittey said he's not going to fix them.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

When I started, we had 1836 characters across 712 accounts.

When I finished, we are at 1171 characters over 363 accounts.

This was a purge of 49% of the corporation, with only 1/363 scREEEEEching mad about it.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

wtf u purged my alt

You killed my zealot and showed me your dick.

Scales are still not balanced.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

ty atrum for ur service xo xo god bless :911:

also i didn't know you were a naval officer, 1110 here. :toot:

I’m actually an Army officer.

In Mandozer’s defense, cocaine is a helluva drug.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

CainFortea posted:

Counter-Counter-counterpoint It's a space job he can walk away from at any time and yet he's still here. In fact he's either the oldest or one of the oldest direkkktors left. So he must like it more than he hates it.

In general I enjoy having a highly efficient reimbursement machine that just works. While I’m not hesitant to publicly shame the entitled or the stupid, the vast majority of the people I deal with get it and appreciate it. That makes a big difference.

The other thing that contributes to longevity is knowing your lane and sticking to it. The people that quit usually take on too much and burn out - examples are blawrf, lyris, etc. know the things you are good at, know your limits, and just do that.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Paramemetic posted:

If I understand the suck metric correctly, Waffe sets the bar for what is considered just the barest minimum contribution that doesn't suck. If you perform too much worse than Waffe, you suck bad and need to get your poo poo together.

Purging the ranks makes sure that the suck metric represents a reasonable level of performance, so it's p good to do now and then.

It's just assumed Waffe will suck and you don't want to suck more than Waffe

Nah that's not how it works. Basically each month I pick a corporation with a membership of > 75 real members and they become the bar against which all other corps are measured. So a corporation with a suck metric of 2 is half as good as the "bar."

The way this would work with real numbers is let's say the corp I pick as my standard had a participation ratio of 16 fleets per member. They have a suck metric of 1. A corp with a suck metric of 2 would have, on average, 8 fleets per member. A corp with a suck metric of 4 would have 4 fleets per member, a corp with a suck metric of 5 would have 3.3 fleets per member, or it's "5 times worse" than the measurement corp. To avoid being in trouble, you need to be less than 4 sucks away from the "bar."

I don't pick the best corp to be the bar. I usually pick one that's what I consider the best of the average. Doing a relative comparison against all the other corporations means that if it was a lovely month without a lot of fleets, everyone would comparatively suck. Goonwaffe typically ranked towards the bottom because we never purged, therefore our average fleets per member was really low, even with all the extra GSOL work our people do added in.

Last time I purged (during ESI compliance) we rocketed up to the upper 1/3 of the alliance because we have a few people that put in a lot of time. This is raw fleet participation over the last month:

It'll go a lot higher after I add in gsol.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

happy cabbage posted:

I guess actually is there a way to check if i'm still blacklisted? :unsmith:

Yes you are still banned.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

In “war” news, a fourth keepstar was destroyed this morning, and every ihub in Tribute has been destroyed, leaving everything left in Tribute completely undefended.

I think at this point almost everything in reach of the current staging system worth glassing is glass. Decision point now would be dropping a new stager or going home.

All of Tribute
All of Tenal
Most of Pure Blind
A chunk of Vale.

Not bad for a couple months of war.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

The Claptain posted:

Why is apple pear on this list?

Because he likely has a character in Goonwaffe for FC/Capital/Hanger access, which causes him to appear here.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

no you boil ribs instead

I feel like Captain America with an “I understood that reference.”

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

orange juche posted:

GoonWaffe had/has the worst internal killboard I've ever loving seen, it was such a pain in the rear end to post a kill to that thing. It was also absolutely essential to getting SRP back for stratop deaths.

We also did reimbursement off a forum thread. We've come a long way since those days.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

oh cool, did you find a way to automate it?

We have the ACA (affordable care app). Submit ESI link and a text box for jabber pings or a monologue about how your death wasn’t your fault. My cybernetic German underlings will quickly and efficiently process your claim.

Average turnaround is under 48 hours.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Katt posted:

I probably phrased that poorly. I don't mean a day from submission. I mean submissions are claimed almost instantly and then get processed a day later.

Because my helpers tend to pay them out in batches as it’s more efficient that way. I only yell at them/release the claims out from under them if they squat on them longer than 2-3 days.

For some reason a lot of them camp the app while at work, so they can work the claims when they get home. None of it’s a big deal, since most alliances anywhere close to our size can take weeks during wartime.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

while i don't consider trolling all of holesquad out of existence my finest work (that would be ensuring WH mass spew made it into the game by railroading all attempts at constructive conversation on eveo), it is definitely up there

I mean I get as much if not more credit than you do for the obliteration of holesquid.

I’ve always described it as building the scaffolding that holesquad walked itself up, put head in noose, and pulled the lever themselves.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Kinetica posted:

I have to say, I love Atrums name and shame of shitlers. It really was a beautifully crafted broadcast to everyone

I kind of read and reread that broadcast after I sent it. I was at that perfect point of whiskey drinking where my fingers produce keyboard magic of their own accord.

It helps that he legit got under my skin a bit after finding out he was one of those “elementary school shootings are false flag attacks” bullshit spewers on mumble.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

The best part of that entire episode is that he thought for 15 minutes after the ping that it was a direct message to him, and not a broadcast to all. So he was trying to talk vaguely about it in elysium jabber to me and some members of MiniComm, not realizing that everyone in the Imperium was in on the joke and saw the ping.

He ended up saying he was quitting and stormed off jabber, but he was back online a couple hours later and last I checked hasn't actually moved any of his stuff out. Maybe he will take this as an opportunity for personal growth!

In other news, apparently the jackass in charge of zkill got his dick bent over my highly effective campaign to get every corp in the alliance unverified on zkill. He's no longer going to let api verification on zkill be public knowledge. Given the customer feature request to delay kill/loss posting 12-24 hours for intel reasons, he could a) do some work and implement it or b) be a oval office. Never not go full oval office I guess.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

it's a good idea, but poorly implemented

if they wanted to limit structure spam, add something in that doesn't give stupid busywork to people who run ebin space empires

having to defend your poo poo from trivial npcs that act as a pure timesink is dumb

Like if their AI specifically went after "low power" structures, I don't think anyone would have problems with that.

Interactive garbage collection is something we could get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

ZombieLenin posted:

Since when does CCP make huge changes like removing local without pushing that to singularity first or, you know, announcing it in advance so preparations can be made.

Same goes with the loving Drifter spam.

They are doing it under the auspices of “lore” and “drifter event” so that when poo poo goes sideways and sub-numbers plummet, they can just end the event before their Korean overlords yank the leash too hard.