Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Wibla posted:

I've been an alliance CEO for 9 years this summer.

gently caress.

too bad it's an alliance that sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
in other news, someone told me on discord that they forwarded a guy to my character in game to 'pay reparations' to CODE, so I logged into my now-alpha clone character and scammed that guy for 30 billion, and then logged off. It took about 35 minutes.

I wasn't able to get his SP, but I got all his liquid and assets (22/~10)

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Kimsemus posted:

its some kind of travesty rutibex gets back in but i cant

i mean i 100% know why i just felt like complaining about it since it's been awhile :yaycloud:

tradition is the glue that binds us as brothers tbqh so I appreciate this

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

too bad it's an alliance that sucks rear end

That's a compliment coming from you :v:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

masteen posted:

What in the actual gently caress? Did something happen where we are no longer the bloated fetid exemplar of what not to do in Internet Spaceships?

The opposite. A guy has been waffeing so hard he thinks "has logged into jabber or mumble or a fleet even once in 90 days" is "we need tp reports by noon" I guess

during a war no less lmao

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TorsvikVonClemson posted:

Aww, I'm trying. Still looking for a good thread I can settle in and be a regular poster.

:jpmf:

That said dont be afraid to post, worst case someone mocks you, or you eat a sixer. Learn from the experience what you did wrong and how to improve. Posting solely in the eve thread you will not learn how to post, for everyone in the eve thread are broken creatures.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

meatmccartney posted:

Free Saya Nakamura.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

masteen posted:

What in the actual gently caress? Did something happen where we are no longer the bloated fetid exemplar of what not to do in Internet Spaceships?

The metrics include did you log into the forums, did you make a post on the forums, did you log into mumble, did you log into jabber. Basically did you engage with the "goon community" in any way at all? Dude would have been fine just solo ratting in delve this whole time if he occasionally chatted with other goons on the GSF services.

Failure to post. A shameful goon.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Failure to post. A shameful goon.

:colbert:
I post all the time and generate tons of delightful content!

In other news I have successfully extricated myself from 1DQ with only a slight haircut! I put all my junk up for a fire sale contract and got a buyer in about 4min flat. Now I've got more isk than I know what to do with :v:

After I sold everything in 1DQ I loaded all of my more portable assets (like blueprints) up into my last trusty Proteus. It was 40+ jumps to my base in highsec so it was a harrowing experience to get out. I got bubbled twice (wow good response time), but luckily my Proteus is bubble nullified!

Aside from the blueprints I was mostly worried about my full set of +5 learning implants. Would have been a very nice kill mail for anyone who popped me, but they are in high sec now so they are safe forever. I think I might start trading in Jita, 1DQ was a snore anyway with the war going on. Maybe tool around Syndicate, like a True Goon

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

classically i thought you were able to be in gsf and do nothing, the only no-nos were don't be a racist idiot or a spy

Von Bonez
Apr 13, 2012

Rutibex posted:

In other news I have successfully extricated myself from 1DQ with only a slight haircut! I put all my junk up for a fire sale contract and got a buyer in about 4min flat. Now I've got more isk than I know what to do with :v:

After I sold everything in 1DQ I loaded all of my more portable assets (like blueprints) up into my last trusty Proteus. It was 40+ jumps to my base in highsec so it was a harrowing experience to get out. I got bubbled twice (wow good response time), but luckily my Proteus is bubble nullified!

Aside from the blueprints I was mostly worried about my full set of +5 learning implants. Would have been a very nice kill mail for anyone who popped me, but they are in high sec now so they are safe forever. I think I might start trading in Jita, 1DQ was a snore anyway with the war going on. Maybe tool around Syndicate, like a True Goon

Have fun in horde.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

classically i thought you were able to be in gsf and do nothing, the only no-nos were don't be a racist idiot or a spy

Atrum is mad with power. Spreadsheet power.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rutibex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQBOJMFYIo8

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Basically

Rutibex posted:

Didn't want to be a goon anyway

:frogout:

So since atrum is loving around ITT and the goonion has been freed of the burden of 600 corpses, let's get some love lube in and #freekimsemus. He's not Angelique or something, right? Right? :tinfoil:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rutibex posted:

Wrong! It hosed up my employment history.

:lol:

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
I can't be bothered to literally AFK in Mumble or join a Jabber channel I like or click a rereg link, let me just annihilate my ability to do anything interesting in the game

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

froody guy posted:

Basically

:frogout:

So since atrum is loving around ITT and the goonion has been freed of the burden of 600 corpses, let's get some love lube in and #freekimsemus. He's not Angelique or something, right? Right? :tinfoil:

I mean those are just conversations between that individual and mittens. They’ve happened before, Cap, Diogenes, and Pooki Bear are all examples I can recall.

The only real requirement is a desire to return and the ability to have grown up conversations. It can be hard to take that first step to reach out and to keep reaching out until you get ahold of him.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

so CCP released that stat that 1.4Trillion was destroyed by triglavs.

I directly caused triglavs to destroy nearly 100b in a single day loving around, I could have boosted that stat SOOOOO much for them

wafflethief
Jun 2, 2013

so CCP released that stat that 1.4Trillion was destroyed by triglavs.

I directly caused triglavs to destroy nearly 100b in a single day loving around, I could have boosted that stat SOOOOO much for them

Your 100b or some other idiots?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

wafflethief posted:

Your 100b or some other idiots?

some other idiots

wafflethief
Jun 2, 2013

some other idiots

Should do it more often then. :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

andromache posted:

You, Aryth and Innominate were all promoted in late 2010. Congrats on being the longest serving active director.

I got picked up in late 2011.

:suicide:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
So who is the longest-serving goon who has avoided Space Importance, that's the question.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Good Dumplings posted:

I can't be bothered to literally AFK in Mumble or join a Jabber channel I like or click a rereg link, let me just annihilate my ability to do anything interesting in the game

Escaping from Delve was really fun and interesting. More fun than I had in a while at EVE actually. I was saving up for a titan, but now that my services are no longer needed in cap swarm I can spend that isk on 100 Proteus to tool around wormholes or something.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rust Martialis posted:

So who is the longest-serving goon who has avoided Space Importance, that's the question.

Probably dramaticus.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rutibex posted:

I was saving up for a titan, but now that my services are no longer needed in cap swarm

how would you have known if your services were needed, if you were never on jabber to receive pings for capswarm ops, or on mumble to hear if the standing fleet needed help?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

posting isn't serving

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

posting isn't serving

maybe not yours

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rootie you could have simply taken your lumps and waited a week and done something else and got back in, but lmao nah you melted down in the thread when people were poking at you.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
People who can't just shut up for once and are *compelled* to tell off the Direkktorate are like shooting stars, so pretty as they flame out.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

posting isn't serving

Thank you for your service

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

orange juche posted:

Rootie you could have simply taken your lumps and waited a week and done something else and got back in, but lmao nah you melted down in the thread when people were poking at you.

Yeah but I don't want to is the thing. I was lucky this time I didn't have much going on in 1DQ, but if I had been building a titan or something it would have ruined me. I don't want to have to worry about randomly getting booted and losing all of my services because space HR is riding some directors rear end about metrics. This was the second time it happened without any kind of warning. Makes me feel like the Imperium is just too big for me to have fun, I'm just a number not worth contacting before getting the boot.

I mean I understand why it has to be run that way. There are just too many people in the swarm for it to be handled personally. But now that I have a pile of isk and can fly most ships I'd rather play somewhere in a smaller corp that would value my contribution more. Also screw waiting a week in 1DQ with my thumb up my rear end again, I pay real life money for this game. No thanks.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
That's awesome.

Now stop posting.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Yeah but I don't want to is the thing. I was lucky this time I didn't have much going on in 1DQ, but if I had been building a titan or something it would have ruined me. I don't want to have to worry about randomly getting booted and losing all of my services because space HR is riding some directors rear end about metrics. This was the second time it happened without any kind of warning. Makes me feel like the Imperium is just too big for me to have fun, I'm just a number not worth contacting before getting the boot.

I mean I understand why it has to be run that way. There are just too many people in the swarm for it to be handled personally. But now that I have a pile of isk and can fly most ships I'd rather play somewhere in a smaller corp that would value my contribution more. Also screw waiting a week in 1DQ with my thumb up my rear end again, I pay real life money for this game. No thanks.

a reasonable opinion

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

andromache posted:

I mean those are just conversations between that individual and mittens. They’ve happened before, Cap, Diogenes, and Pooki Bear are all examples I can recall.

The only real requirement is a desire to return and the ability to have grown up conversations. It can be hard to take that first step to reach out and to keep reaching out until you get ahold of him.

to be honest if I flew with goonswarm again it might motivate to get my titan out of AP and play more. An un-blacklist has been brought up a few times before, but I'm not sitting around waiting for it. If it happens, neat, if not, also cool, not gonna sweat about how goons run their show in EVE. I think the original technical mumbo jumbo reason was I was more loyal to ncdot than goons or whatever (because I leaked gicer/boat being jerks to people in another game) but the irony is I was blacklisted from ncdot as soon as I joined goonswarm :v:

IDK how to get a hold of mittens if it's up to him, so it's all good either way. It would be nice to shitpost jabber again with bros though. :toot:

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Kimsemus posted:

to be honest if I flew with goonswarm again it might motivate to get my titan out of AP and play more. An un-blacklist has been brought up a few times before, but I'm not sitting around waiting for it. If it happens, neat, if not, also cool, not gonna sweat about how goons run their show in EVE. I think the original technical mumbo jumbo reason was I was more loyal to ncdot than goons or whatever (because I leaked gicer/boat being jerks to people in another game) but the irony is I was blacklisted from ncdot as soon as I joined goonswarm :v:

IDK how to get a hold of mittens if it's up to him, so it's all good either way. It would be nice to shitpost jabber again with bros though. :toot:

I think he's in a couple discords. I could find out which ones if you were interested in talking to him. It's never going to just "happen" on its own. Every unblacklist I've witnessed has involved personal conversations between the individual and Mittens or Sion.

I guess given Merkelchen being the new Sion you could try him too.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was also allowed to come back after leaking burn jita 2014 details on 4/20 in this thread while heavily inebriated

Tho that was back when digi was in charge and I’m not sure I was blacklisted :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

andromache posted:

I think he's in a couple discords. I could find out which ones if you were interested in talking to him. It's never going to just "happen" on its own. Every unblacklist I've witnessed has involved personal conversations between the individual and Mittens or Sion.

I guess given Merkelchen being the new Sion you could try him too.

yeah sure, why not? I still have a bunch of isk to burn losing ships in this bad dumb game.

also, not to time travel a few pages, but the EVE keynote at EVE North had some telling retention numbers:

happy cabbage
Mar 1, 2008

Where did I put that sunscreen?
it would be nice if i was unblacklisted. vio detective extraordinaire decided i was a spy like 8 or 9 years ago even though I wasn't and had no loyalties beyond goonfleet vov.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

yeah sure, why not? I still have a bunch of isk to burn losing ships in this bad dumb game.

also, not to time travel a few pages, but the EVE keynote at EVE North had some telling retention numbers:

Did the keynote also have a telling plan for how they're gonna unfuck themselves, or is EVE dying its final death?