Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I spent way too much time playing this game and would recommend it to no one, but if you do play this game then definitely play in GoonWaffe so your niche expertise and autistic poopsocking can be exploited rewarded to maximum benefit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
beans do not belong in chili

no one that you wish you could throttle for being racist will ever be punished

eve is a terrible game

play eve with goons

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is it even realistically feasible via in-game means to actually crush to the point of non-existence a large alliance/coalition

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rutibex posted:

No one truly quits until they remove the EVE thread from their bookmarks.

Who needs a bookmark when the eve thread is every banner ad

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

STO space combat is super fun. I actually really like how that game plays, but I've read horror stories on what the end-game ship collection scheme is like. Apparently it's all ultra-low-chance lootbox bullshit to get special snowflake ship designs and the game even goes the extra gently caress you mile and includes "good luck protection" in its lootbox algorithm? I'd hate to put a bunch of time into that game only to hit that brick wall at the end of it all. :(

If you bought the lifetime subscription back in the day, you get a monthly allowance of freemium money that has always basically amounted to enough to buy whatever the newest thing is every few years when I give the game another look. If you didn't buy the lifetime subscription back in the day, then you do not have the all-important emote and I pity you.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is tencent the reason riot started releasing chromas and super-expensive skins a few years ago instead of ya know new champions?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope there is a r/eve thread with breaking news about GOON collapsing and mittens banned

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you forgot bait cynobals

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

is a grog like a goober or a chud? If so, then I understand perfectly.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in the context used above, grog is almost synonymous with poopsock(er), one who is willing to devote ridiculous amounts of time to stupid endeavours so much that they are unwilling to leave their posting station long enough to poop and so must relieve their bowels in a sock

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SardonicTyrant posted:

Stupid Question: I'm thinking of joining GSF, but Delve is like 40 jumps from where I am though low-to-nul sec space. How do I get there without dying?

sell your stuff, set your home to goonspace, self destruct pod; alternately, hop in a travelceptor and follow the yellow stargates

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Woah the mega is the bs of choice for fleets? I might rejoin and go on an op for that.

did u miss the entire 2012 fountain war and everything since then? baltecs (or whatever they got rebranded after suas corp left) have been line ships for a long time

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The name "baltec fleet" comes from baltec1, a guy who used to bring a megathron on every fleet, regardless of whether it was appropriate or not. We still call it that even though the actual dude baltec1 joined the half of Bat Country that ended up leaving for Pandemic Legion.

i remember it being (i guess temporarily) given some other name in the immediate aftermath of the corp leaving for pl, cannot remember what

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rutibex posted:

Hyperion is better but I guess Megathrons are pretty cool too. Not enough drone bandwidth.

tracking is a big deal for actually hitting/applying damage

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Yes i quit in like 2011.

Baltecfleet, unless it has changed since I played, relies on a mix of Megathrons (and in some iterations also Apocalypses) supported by a handful of smartbombing geddons, some snowflakes who insist on bringing their techfleet TFIs, armour logi, and some armour ewar like point proteus (tech-3 brick tanked gallente cruiser), web loki (tech-3 brick tanked minmatar cruiser), and no less than a dozen assholes flying cynabals who refuses to get in a useful ship

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yeah, especially in a meta that appears to be preferring HACs like muninns, who have a small sig and an MWD bloom reduction bonus. I don't actually know if muninns are any good nowadays, but it seems like they are all that hostiles fly.

:member: when elo knight came on goonfleet comms that one time and somehow messed up his local bind so that instead of broadcasting to parent it broadcast to the entire server so everyone got to listen to a one-sided conversation of him regaling mittens with tales of his muninn adventures

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all you need to know about Kimsemus is he thinks he is Frank Underwood

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does 6-24 still randomly kill goons

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Waffe is also the corp to be in if you want to do behind-the-scenes/less obvious useful infrastructure things like fueling and lasering but who cares about pos or sov anymore

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

keppke posted:

Hey guys, so here is my situation, played a lot of eve betwen 2013-2015 in WH space had RL issues stopped playing, the group I played with all left the game as well, started playing again like 3 weeks ago doing lvl4 missions on alpha, Just wanna have a chill place to krab and post memes and talk poo poo, not really into the blob fights. Is this type of player profile wanted here with the goons? Your land is pretty safe and I'd like to krab and chill with you guys and eventually do some roams

:golfclap:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dalael posted:

Its not a waste of time. Your t1 frigate might seem useless, but it isnt. You can tackle, scout ahead, provide warp-ins, etc etc

Dont stop yourself from joining fleets and having fun because you think you have the wrong ship.

To expand on this a little bit, I'll tell you from personal experience I played in goonfleet for a couple years without ever flying anything more than a Rifter. Only after I got it in my head I wanted to be an FC did I start actually flying bigger ships. Back then, we gave out Rifters for free; I think Slashers are the thing nowadays. Being in something small and fast is a lot of fun. You don't care if you die, because you're in something that's literally free. And unless you're actually doing your job as a suicidal tackler, no one is even trying to kill you when you're on a battle grid in a t1 frigate. Being zippy and all over the place gives you some great visuals if you care about that sort of thing, and if some real life emergency comes up, or you just get bored with the fleet, being in something small and cheap also means you don't have to listen to the self-important man drunkenly slurring orders at you: just peel off and either burn home, or drop fleet, park in a safe spot, log off, and burn home later. Plenty of folks exclusively fly Interceptors, the t2 tackle frigates, specifically so they can be selfish assholes and do exactly this with a somewhat better chance of making it home blind (interceptors are immune to bubbles). If you want to actually feel useful, then being the first point on someone in a gate camp or in a fleet is tremendously beneficial since bigger, more specialized tackle ships (like a point proteus) take longer to lock targets; your tackle might be the reason your gang gets a kill, versus watching the enemy just warp away. And while you're not quite as good as an Interceptor at burning perches and providing warp-ins, you're still infinitely better at it in a t1 frigate than anything else besides an interceptor so you can still be useful at doing tactical big picture stuff. And if you get blown up, who cares? We hand out frigates literally for free, and even if we didn't they cost pennies compared to the price of line ships.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange juche posted:

this poo poo was prophetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsH8nDdQfU

Goons I guess have won eve forever and ever.

Replace megathrons with titans now :wtc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS4R86PkWbA

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Carth Dookie posted:

I don't remember saying that, but I don't remember most of my posts. I try not to. :v:

never read, never remember, :justpost:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why does the eve thread still engage with the blacklisted ex-nc. "asset" who unironically quoted Frank Underwood to describe himself

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

because most people ITT [the eve thread] don't have autism

try again

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Co2 betrayed us and goons hold grudges

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

juche avocado posted:

hahahahaha all your posts make sense now hello

Hello space friend

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

working mom posted:

If it starts as a poo poo poster that should be on ignore then it's a poo poo poster that should be on ignore.

But enough about me

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Congrats on making Kim look better by coomparison

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#gotem

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Smartbomb, mjd are things to consider

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

https://www.eveonline.com/article/pf7gpi/october-balance-pass

combat interceptors no longer nullified (tackle ones still are) and ECM changed from no targeting to being able to target the ship that is jamming you (so basically a "taunt")

rip in rancid piss claw fleets

Crusader still looking like a cylon raider?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Elitism is toxic?? Who knew!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a shame the username joke explainer is already taken

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fake news

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:snoo:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm in my 30's and at no point in my lifetime has calling people slurs been cool or good, always just for edgelords or klansmen

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you're lyris nairn

I'm out of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

and you're still lyris nairn, the past doesnt stop existing especially if you're still you know, in the same place

Hi deadtear