Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Mining has always been very scalable, and mining was already a decent income activity even before rorquals. It's just goons are dumb and like to repeat stale memes about how mining is/was bad until the most obvious broken poo poo that was rorqual mining on initial release combined with the prior capital rebalance smacked them over the head. It wasn't quite as good as carrier ratting which was the flavor of the month, but it was pretty competitive with ishtar ratting for a good year or two before we lost deklein, but again goons are dumb and can't do math

Basically rorquals are the new chimera, except you have 5b isk of vulnerable drones per rorqual sitting in space instead of a well-tanked chimera that works well with other ratting chimeras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

well then

new jump bridges not only incur no fatigue, but you can push any ship through them, including titans

eye of terror mk3 engage

Vfk by christmas

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

If we made a ring around the entire map it would need a better name. Tyranny Ouroboros, the Noose of New Eden, or maybe The One Ring

Gatse

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

This, but the actual best part was that hostiles were expecting it so hard for the hull timer too that they just failed to deploy their dreads at all

The best part was pl deploying 200k off on the opposite side and being completely useless

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I've always liked the idea of specifically-tuned subcapital ships (Super HACs, in a way) that are designed to mount capital class weaponry (only two guns/launchers, max).

So larger bombers

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Neuntausend posted:

If you are in GSF, then you can't do much besides maybe fielding neutral logistics to help, that's correct.

Were you around for when they made it so the neutral logi gets a suspect timer?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

But then they wouldn't function for their intended purpose: semi-safe item storage in remote areas. leaving dumb messages on the undock of your enemy's stagers

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You're almost certainly baiting but it does bring up an interesting point. The build time on all the components for a palpatine is massive. You couldn't do it with one person -- you'd have to get dozens, maybe hundreds of industrialists in on the action, and you'd have to hand each one hundreds of billions worth of poo poo. How do you prevent theft?

No you see, if you build it with a single person, over the 2000 or whatever line-years it would take, you might be able to source all the pi for it at the rate you consume it!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

:yikes:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

that's not xttz you idiots

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

CCP adds hisec gate rats, predictable results follow

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Katt posted:

Speaking as someone playing another Pearl Abyss game (Black Desert Online) The Pay 2 win is less than pre-PA Eve

Like in BDO you can buy a ton of quality of life stuff (increased bank space, increased carry weight, pets that loot the field faster) with real money and some minor combat related bonuses, mostly in the form of XP buffs. You can buy some stuff for real money and sell for in game currency but even then the game has a cap on how many of those items you can sell per week so people don't buy a ton of them to sell. Imagine if Eve had a cap on how many plex you could take out of plex storage per month?

In Eve you can start fresh and buy yourself a ton of injectors as well as expensive and powerful ships. Yeah you're not going to shift the galactic political landscape with that but straight up real money can buy you a ton of improvements on a personal level. Far stronger than anything in a PA game.

Dunno what game you're playing but you can sell like 30 costumes (that's 6b or 1/3 of a pen gear piece, most of a tet accessory, or 3 tet gear pieces) a week if you're a hyperwhale, and loot scrolls, melting costumes for crons, and artisans memory exist and are just as powerful if not more powerful than they've ever been. BDO gave up the illusion of p2w a long time ago, it's just expensive enough that only hyperwhales can do it to the extreme.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Katt posted:

That's not even close to the power that money > plex > isk gets you in Eve.

So you buy your shiny alliance tournament ship, gate it into amamake then explode, rinse repeat? Cool.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Just to be clear, being randomly purged is not a slight inconvenience. I'm researching capital ship construction blueprints atm (in high sec thank god) so I can get into capital construction. If I was running capital ship construction jobs when my roles got pulled all of my industry jobs would be cancelled and I would lose billions of isk in materials. All of my market orders get hosed up too, and you have to pay tax upfront just to post market orders.

I think purging people to make them pay attention or whatever is a really dumb policy, and I can't risk having that happen again if I get into bigger production. So I'm going to see what I can do in NPC 0.0, where no one owns the stations.

Please tell us where you will be doing this so we can ship some shuttle bpos around

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Kesper North posted:

Punitive measures had to be taken.

:pusheen:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

CainFortea posted:

How To Play And Get 100s of Billions Of Isk Super Easy While Also Not Playing This Dead Game.

An anime airing winter 2020

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Nice meltdown

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

delete wormholes

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

I have ACL editing powers

We know you brag about it every time you can

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

All i'm hearing is that loyalanon is to blame for globby posting in this thread

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

What about cyno beacons for defence? We have or can have a cyno beacon in every system in goonspace. Having beacons plus cloaky cynos seems like a significant advantage vs. the guys who only have cloaky cynos.

A buff to defenders vs. attackers kinda seems like the opposite of chaos?

Cyno beacons aren't a huge advantage for defense as they're easy to ref or just put bubbles between them and where you want to go since you know where they are. Jammers are the real defensive advantage if you want to go with structures

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

L0cke17 posted:

The only unique one is you dont have any activity metrics to stay in.

Rutibex would beg to differ :haw:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

evilweasel posted:

i bet the app counts you opening up the app as a login

or the app staying open in the background through a downtime

I bet it counts opening the launcher with saved logins as a login. BDO requires you to log in to patch (probably) for this reason when it didn't before

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i can't find it being a rule violation

IIRC it's a violation of the developer license, not necessarily of the game's EULA

quote:

Developer acknowledges and agrees that no Application shall be used (a) to inject, deliver, or activate malware, worms, Trojan horses, or other bugs, (b) as a means of phishing or spamming, (c) as a means of tracking Player information or Player activity without the express knowledge and consent of such Player, (d) as a means to misappropriate a Player's in-game items or other information, or to otherwise cheat, scam, or defraud Players who subscribe to the Application, or (e) as a means of implementing a denial of service attack, distributed denial of service attack, or other method of disabling or denying access to EVE or the Licensed Materials. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Developer shall be liable to CCP for all resulting losses, expenses, costs of defense, costs of correction, and other damages (including without limitation damages for loss of business or profit, business interruption, or any other pecuniary loss) resulting from Developer's violation of this section.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I'm surprised a lawyer has the time to play MMOs

But mittens

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Put in overall m3 size limits to structures so that you couldn't keep 1000000000000000 m3 of trit in a station somewhere until the end of time. Encourage items to be built and flow and consumed rather than just sitting on them for all eternity. Allow actual or pretend NPC's to ship items between stations in system for a percentage fee to fulfill market buy and sell orders so that you could have single market in a system. So if you want a huge market center you would want to build a wall of structures, like Goonfleet already has in 1DQ, that would need more investment than just plopping a keepstar in Perimeter.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk

More like spies just assemble a bunch of station containers in enemy stations so nobody can use them.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Micromancer posted:

The ACL allows for low effort gently caress this guy in particular settings with a lot less effort than you'd think. Getting off the list is rough, but on is possible without much effort.

Maybe I was lied to. Maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe I'd rather not risk pissing off GSOL and find out.

Why don't you tell the actual gsol director more about how acls work. Gsol directors clearly don't need more work because they're obviously building a palpatine keepstar

If tuzy doesn't like someone enough to put them on a list, it's probably a much darker list. You might even call it black

Wibla posted:

Can confirm that I have a gently caress you ACL that makes refining, industry install costs and market fees very expensive for whoever I put on it :v:

You have much more fun options than that though :P

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Ambaire posted:

If it's really 500 plex, then they've inflated the prices a bit. conspiracy side of me wonders if they did that transition just to make this a bit harder to calculate.. well, except the flat 500 is rather blatant Flat 500 is $19.99... lol. Even with that ridiculous 15400 purchase, it's still $16.23 for a month.

A single month Plex package has been 20 for a long time. Paying directly for a sub is cheaper, you have always paid a premium for being able to sell it for isk

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Pretty sure cainun is still in dogfort

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Its only my personal tastes. I really like drones and the Vendetta is the best drone ship. I used to think titans were cool but they dont have fighter drone bays any more.

You should get a guardian vexor

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Paging lyris nairn

Uh i think he's permabanned here....

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Rudeboy Detective posted:

I've been gone a while. Was Xenuria allowed into goonswarm or did he just Prencleeve his way onto the forums?

Because, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He's in karmafleet and he was even a Imperium/CFC/whatever csm rep for one round

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

also i literally just poo poo stir on reddit, don't take my posts too seriously if you see them :ok:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

VMC was the one using logserver to kill every non-npc corp jf that entered highsec

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Previous iterations of this thread have certainly seen stranger avatars

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Citadels don't have shield regen in any quantity that matters

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010