Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

So I'm currently in a corp that's just me and a couple friends. If I want to join Goonwaffe, can I drop to an NPC corp and then join, or do you still need to do the prepare to leave corp -> wait 24 hours -> get invite thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

wafflethief posted:

Actually, is there someone i can PM for some advice about taking advantage of someone desperate to start their own corp, that'd be good. Cos i just got a cracker of a random evemail.

yeah I can tell you how just send 4 billion ISK to this character:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Well I'm a dipshit and missed the move ops so now I need to figure out how to get my dumb rear end to staging without getting gatecamped. gently caress me running

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Klyith posted:

just bop up in a taxi and buy a ship in staging. contracts get regularly stocked, eagles are kinda expensive but that's because half of goonswarm has bought one.

definitely don't bother spending all the fuel to jump a cap all the way up on your own. any fights in this war are with subcaps, and I think it's 50/50 whether NCPL even brings a fight again. they got their win to brag about for the next 6 months.

Yeah good call. I didn't have anything much bigger than a Megathron to bring up there so I'll grab myself an Ares or something and hope I don't get caught in a bubble and fragged on the way up.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Think about all the acceptable shitposting he could have done on the fleet forums with all the effort expended on this spergout. He wouldn't have gotten kicked!

Not that we'd want him at this point mind you

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The parable of boiling a frog by slowly heating the water is also false. A frog that finds itself in water that is too hot to live in will go jump out long before it gets cooked.

Rutibex you are a moron and for your threatening words towards frogs we request you :frogout:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The hardest of core EVE players have complained about PvE being carebear bullshit since the game launched and I gotta admit it's funny as hell to see that nearly 15 years later what we have is rats undocking en masse for bashes more often than half of the nullsec alliances do.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mysteriously overnight NPCs got their poo poo together and started bashing structures and firing doomsdays and poo poo all over New Eden. At first it was thought to be a bug but CCP informed the community that it wasn't. They're enough of a potential problem that we'd literally be wasting less time playing this new and innovative form of emergency PvE than waging uncontested holy war in the North. TEST and Pandemic Horde have already lost minor structures to them.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

at last, my carrier in Delve will be destroyed by NPCs and I will never have to resubscribe again

it is time, friend

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

evilweasel posted:

i may be reading this map wrong but i don't see the twitching brutalized remnants of nc. in syndicate

In fairness we couldn't find too much of NCdot to turn into twitching brutalized remnants because they kept unanchoring their expensive poo poo before we got there

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Since they remembered they REALLY don't like Goons.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Warmachine posted:

Yeah, I'm having a hard time figuring how this will make things difficult for us. I mean, I don't know how we'd set up an out of game support system to replace local, but I also figure that there are more krabs than hunters and they can't possibly stop all of us, so... we just overwhelm them with fat goon corpses?

With the advent of upwell lossmail generators and standing fleets to bridge to them at a moment's notice, this is likely going to do very little unless you're ratting in a cruiser or something.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Unironically in for the idea of convincing provibloc that it's in-RP for them to defend our forts for us

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Ratting supers is more cost effective, but titans are a lot less effort, so you rat in a super and eventually get a titan and then rat in it because may as well use it and also not further strain your RSI

Eventually someone will write a bot that can listen to your FC in mumble and perfectly* respond to their orders, and then we'll never have to worry about RSI or playing EVE ever again!

(*the nature of machine learning~ will occasionally result in "switch target, primary is flaccid mccumpants" being interpreted as "align to logi anchor and fire bomb". this will still be an improvement over a number of players.)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Remember kids, if it's stupid and it works, it's still stupid and you're lucky. And you need to post an AAR about it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

My favourite boat moment is being in a wormhole rorq bombing fleet that got hijacked by boat to go bomb "four rorqs" in Geminate that were actually one rorq and three nyxes

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ZombieLenin posted:

So I am going to hope that your “bonus rooming” here pales in comparison to the original, because I don’t really want to believe you are that type of person.

globby was always that kind of person.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I think Karmafleet might be more your speed.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

How is this game of all things still getting j4gs in 2019

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

If you "get" FYAD then I would advise you to be careful, because that likely means you have a predisposition to mental illness.

:golfclap:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The difference is enabling a real, documented form of psychological addiction AND tying it to microtransactions vs. people being loving stupid and losing internet pixels for it.\

e: Truga's point is a good one too

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CheetoRamen posted:

Isn't that being overly dismissive of scamming though? It could also be described as a "real, documented form of predatory psychological manipulation" In fact, gently caress it- scams, tricks be damned this game encourages straight-up robbery of assets. I don't see how these raffles are anywhere near to being a new low standard for the ethics of Eve.

Players scamming players is an interpersonal badness. CCP enabling gambling addiction is an omnipresent higher power encouraging the proletariat to shank each other for a chance at a nice juicy mealworm.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Welcome back sailor, remember to log into jabber once a week

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I guess if Rutibex can get back in of all people I ought to log in once in a while, jeez

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

SHISHKABOB posted:

Hey guys I heard this game was fun so I made a character.

Someone liiiiiiiied to you

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

did everyone go this crazy for the SARS outbreak or does it suddenly only matter because corvid-19 is primarily killing old people

white people are freaking out because it's spread outside of east asian countries this go round

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I think globby's point is that the mortality rate for meltlung is something like 0.2% for anyone under 40 and only reaches whole percents at the 50-59 bracket so fanfest would be a pretty low risk event being that it's mostly people in the 0.2% mortality group. that's only twice the mortality rate of good ol' influenza.

intentionally attempting to traffic in infectious diseases is irresponsible, immoral, and probably illegal, and it's generally a good idea to avoid large gatherings when there's a new spanish flu on the loose; that being said, if you're gonna do it, do the whole world a favour and instead of infecting eve players, go sneeze at maga chud gatherings.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Wibla posted:

So are you still playing at all? :v: We have a somewhat interesting war kicking off, so it certainly isn't boring these days.

Oh poo poo, we're getting into a war again? Might have to start logging for it if we're going into something that isn't POS bashes until CCP makes us go home so the local rats won't bash our jumpgates.

(I'm still kinda mad about the triglavian bullshit)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Definitely resubbing if we're shooting at people this Not Mad

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I think all my stuff was parked at the thetastar.

I should log in and check on that.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Oh nice, we're about to get a real war for once.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The good news is the bad guys are next door this time!

The bad news is their idea of "war" is "shitposting on reddit" so it's probably gonna be us just glassing a region while they only log to unanchor.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Discussion Quorum posted:

NPCs that will join your fleet and follow broadcasts about as well as the common Goon. 50,000 plex for +50 in your fleets for 7 days!

I think that's called a droneboat.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

lite_sleepr posted:

Deffo NOT the goonfleet I remember.

We started caring about being decent human beings at some point and everyone was better off for it. Not just EVEgoons, but basically all of SA.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

lite_sleepr posted:

Yall are using mumble in 2020?

Still reliable for multiple hundreds of people in the same call, so I don't see why we wouldn't be.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

If by "jabber and mumble" you mean "not discord," it's because discord is third party. You can't control the servers, and the counterintel aspect of eve simply can't be done there. Also, it's relatively simple for a poorly-socialized, undershowered individual to get a discord server shut down by flagrantly abusing the ToS, then reporting the server.

Don't expect GSF to move to discord ever.

I recall that TEST moved to Discord a couple years ago and I wonder how that's going for them. One of my coworkers used to be their logistics director and I think he's still in their Discord regularly.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Some neckbeards on /r/eve are saying CVA is disbanding, anyone hear any more about this?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Revant posted:

I haven't played this game in ages now, but have so much free time it's criminal now, is it pretty straight-forward to get back into stuff now? All the r/eve propaganda is getting me fired up about it again.

half-joke answer: don't do it you have so much to live for
less joke answer: hell yeah brother, everyone is pretty chill and there's always poo poo going on. goonwaffe has double repayment on lost poo poo so as long as you buy whatever fit a doctrine calls for on a stratop (really easy as you can almost always buy one pre-built on contract in 1DQ) the corp basically pays you to get killed (implants notwithstanding). let the fully automated luxury gay space communism into your heart

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Carth Dookie posted:

Madcows stole a titan from a goon or did he do a corp infil on a nongoon corp and steal a titan?

He scooped a TEST Leviathan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I look forward to reading PAPI screeching across the internet that this is clearly CCP favouring goons in the war somehow.