Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

I've been posting to SA for 17 years and I still don't understand wtf is going on in FYAD.

Imagine you're trying to be funny. Now imagine you are trying too hard to be funny. Now imagine you're shooting LSD directly into your eyes while trying too hard to be funny. This is FYAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

krabbing and covert ops cloaking + ewar

Force Recons are also good at surprising and killing miners in wormholes. Well, at least my Pilgrim was. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

That being said, who bought them is pretty distressing. They don't have a great reputation. Still, there's a chance that they can turn things around. I'll take a low chance of goodness over a guaranteed outcome of failure.

Interestingly, the article on Imperium News mentioned these guys have been investing into CCP for years, so god knows how much money they've spend on EVE in total so far.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also, CCP now has 425 million bucks more to burn. Everyone wins.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

froody guy posted:

Screenshot'ed for posterity. The world needs to know!

I've heard of red/green blindness, but north/south blindness is a new one

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Dumb outsider question, curious what the IRL origin stories of the current major alliances are besides GSF (SA) and Test (reddit)

Do any other major alliances or coalitions have origin forums or sites or did most of the affiliations happen in-game / more spontaneously?

The Cracked forums tried to get an EVE-group going, but they only got like 6 guys together and gave up impressively fast.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm kind miffed by the ECM-changes. I made some dumb Solo-PvP and other exotic fits (like an Exploration Falcon :v: ) and now I'll never get to use them 'cause I made all those fits under the assumption I could actually prevent the guy I'm shooting at from shooting back

Welp, hopefully the promised buffs to ECM-ships mean I can go back one day to abuse ships in ways CCP doesn't want and not immediately die.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

Not at all EVE related- they remade Star Control, and it's actually pretty decent.

Yeah, I was surprised to see Stardock didn't gently caress this up. Too late now to budget it in for September, but next week is pay day and with the positive reviews rolling in I guess I have no reason anymore to not get it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

unless the north executes a culture shift an order of magnitude harder than anything we ever had to do, they're not going to come out on top

their entire identity is anathema to how power works in nullsec ITYOOL 2018

i guess CCP could revert back to dominion and make up some excuse to ban 80% of our superfleet too, that would also get them the win

Yeah, but CCP being so blatant would kill the game, so everyone would win EVE. At best, this comes out to a draw for the north

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

You can still dress your character up in the clothes and take a picture which other plays can see. If they squint hard. And haven't disabled portraits in their UI.

So of course not.

You can also click on someones picture to let the game render a full body version of their avatar. Just in case you want to know what their shoes look like.

Also hell yes, of course I want my dumb Dust-name back! (I also got the email)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Philonius posted:

People who complain about 0.01 ISKers are retards who don't have the mindset to be a trader.

You're going to get undercut anyway. When it happens, I'd rather be undercut by 0.01 isk so the margin stays good. What the gently caress is wrong with you.

I don't understand this either. I tend to build poo poo not many people want, put it on the market next to the other 1-2 poor bastards selling, then undercut them by a couple million ISK. Then I log out for a couple weeks. If they undercut me and destroy their margins in the process, well poo poo happens. :shrug:

If I'm extra lazy, I'm not even looking at what prices my competitors are using, and instead look at Jita-prices. This sometimes leads to me undercutting people by tens of millions or worse. But eh, I'm getting paid and Margin is just one tiny step from More Gin, anyway.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

If someone is in the rear end end of 0.0 space they are going to buy whatever you are selling regardless of the price (unless its insane like 200% markup). You have a captive audience, they have no alternatives. Undercutting by such a large amount only harms your own profit margin, its not going to get your poo poo sold any quicker.

I can't hear you right now, too drunk after too much gin

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Mars, I want to see people die on Pluto, goddamnit! :argh:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Fake e: happy Halloween. Did CCP even do anything this year?

The obligatory Blood Raider event. This time, they added mining and the story is, the vile Blood Raiders are making new drugs, you have to steal from them. With the added twist that you can get not only boosters and skins as event rewards, you can also find booster blueprints and materials (beside the mining stuff). Oh, and the Blood Rocks have to be refined into the Blood Diamonds you need for the buildable boosters.

So this event covers both normal players and miners and industrialists. Kind of neat.

The funniest thing is if someone drops into a mining zone in HighSec and starts triggering the (up to battleship-sized) rats and you can watch all the miners who didn't come prepared scampering out. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

Is it? Last time I checked, you can't be bubbled, gates/stations will actually help you and you can't be DDed.
What makes it more dangerous?

Gates/Station guns only help smart people. I've executed myself on them on more then one occasion.

Lowsec Lesson No. 101: If you shoot first, make sure you can tank gate guns before pulling the trigger. :shepface:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

I always to a quick sanity check against Jita prices and manufacturing price before making a big purchase like that.

My industry-alt is stuck in some HighSec-backwater with the local market very out-of-whack from Jita, so I have to do the same for my stuff, just so I know by how many millions I can underbid the local traders before we drop below Jita-prices and it gets silly.

Half the time my stuff is probably just relisted, but the joke's on them: Most of my goods tend to be expensive, slow-moving T2-poo poo, so afterwards they are now the ones stuck with waiting for it to sell. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

I don't. It's because those websites have owners with servers and/or other assets in the EU. The OP (being a random Canadian running a small web forum) does not have that.

Yeah, his website will just get blocked in the EU. Tough poo poo if he has corp members in the EU, otherwise no-one cares. :shrug:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

Even tho I've been playing EVE on and off for years, even though I often thought I would never come back.. the thought of selling my characters never even went through my head. Somehow... it feels wrong to do so, but that's just me :shrug:

Yeah, I agree. The next best thing I could force myself to was extracting skills from a character I didn't want anymore and then biomass what was left. For some reason the idea of someone else playing my characters gives me the creeps, I'd rather destroy them utterly instead. (After sucking out all the skills, I'm not mad enough to just throw all the money away. Just most of it.)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

one of the best innovations i've done is selling a 10 million isk mining permit right off the bat, and then have them copy-paste the wallet transaction into the chat for 'verification' purposes, letting me see exactly how much isk they have.

discord really changed the meta, one click to voice to scam idiots is amazing

To be fair, this is just the Nigerian Prince Principle at work. If someone is already willing to buy a mining permit, they're already stupid enough to go with whatever poo poo you can come up with.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

But X3 already exists. I don't need two single player EVEs.

X4 is better

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

My effective reputation with a level 3 NPC is 5.0, but I am unable to access level 4 NPCs within that NPCs faction and / or corporation. Am I missing something?

Like CainFortea said, you need to look at your standing with that NPC's corporation to see what agents you can access. Or faction standing, if you have it at 5.0 all agents up to level 4 for that faction unlock, regardless of corporation.

If you only have a 5.0 standing with that particular agent, it just means he/she likes you personally a lot, especially if you already ran a few missions for them, as personal standing rises faster than corporation standing. (And faction standing gets unbearable slow, since you only get a chance every 16 normal missions to raise it. I recommend looking up data center agents and their requirements if you need more faction standing.)

Ironically, one of the fastest ways to raise faction standing is to run the old, ancient COSMOS agents of each faction. Every COSMOS agent has a one-time-per-character set of missions, almost always ending with a faction raising mission. As a warning though, if you don't want to keep pestering GMs to reset their missions, make sure you have everything the COSMOS agents need beforehand: Most of them use an old trading system where they want you to get sometimes really hard to find items and if you want to blitz through them you'll need to pay the extortion prices other players demand for them in the contract system. (There's an entire subculture of players farming the COSMOS-sites to then sell them to players with less patience.)

I also suggest to buy and activate a 75% standing booster implant before you spend time grinding up any kind of standing, it speeds up the process a lot.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CCP registered one vote for some guy who wasn't even on the ballot. How can this even be happening? :psyduck:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Paramemetic posted:

also it lets them gently caress on bots pretty easily in a lot of ways, at least they will need rewritten to use d-scan, and d-scan doesn't even detect drifters

This also means if players use that one recon class which also doesn't appear on d-scan, now is the time for them to go hunt bots! :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

Yes. You would go in a system, and if there's people in it you Dscan, if there isn't you move on.
Now you'll have to dscan every single one of them. I'm not sure if you're aware of this but outside of Delve, null is pretty much dead. You'll be scanning a bunch of empty systems all the time. Well I mean, anyone who doesn't stick to around jita to gank freighters that is.

Most systems are too large for that to work. Everyone more than 14,3 AE away from you would be totally safe if you depend on hitting dscan one time and moving on like that

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

Sounds like it makes it even worse then. Having to dscan systems multiple times sounds horrible.

Eh, you can bind a shortcut. Hammering it every 2-3 seconds becomes second nature to every explorer, anyway. I'm guessing serious hunters are the same way, plus good at scanning down. (Proof: On Sunday just missing a bait Heron scanning me down and warping to me before my slow-rear end cruiser even finished warping. I dropped into cloak just seconds before he showed up right next to me. Luckily he then went off searching for me in the wrong direction, but wow that guy was fast.)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ZombieLenin posted:

Edit

Autocorrect fail.

I don't know, the thought of video games affecting the abundance of oak sap was kind of funny :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

Just delete all super capitals and refund the SP.

Drifters attack all major shipyards across New Eden. They are repelled, but the construction base of the cluster is so heavily damaged, capsuleers are now forbidden from building their own super capitals. And carriers. Also Faxes and dreads. All forbidden now! And if you take resources to try to build new ones, you can but Super-Drifters show up to destroy your ship yard structures with whatever was building inside.

Or for added comedy, CONCORD shows up in NullSec to enforce the no-player-built-caps-law.

Done.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Paramemetic posted:

The tax hike is an obvious attempt to remove isk from the economy. There's too much money in the economy and not enough sinks to get it out of the economy. Ratting prints hell of money into the economy and there isn't a sink for that. The economy has been hosed since they let go of the staff economist. Raising taxes can't possibly offset the growth from printing isk ratting but it will help a little.

The real problem is they can't make ratting less profitable or people will riot or, worse for them, stop logging in. So they need other ways to bleed money out. NPCs that actually kill poo poo are one part of this. Plex sales that let people convert real money into assets that can be sold and tax absorbed is another - though player owned stations fucks the last part up.

Wouldn't raising the ISK-prices in LP-shops be another neat way to remove money from the game? Tons of people are using them, after all. Hell, remove or reduce all those bat-poo poo insane 500x captainadmiralcolonel tag bullshit demands and instead put down the billion isk it's costing to buy them anyway.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, apparently the devs were just talking about how supercap umbrellas are bad and then were like "by the way, blackout ends on monday" in a single sentence near the end

Man, speak of dying with a whimper

https://imperium.news/psa-black-out-ending-on-monday/

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

brand engager posted:

Doing my quarterly "wonder if anything neat happened in that one game" check, and saw how lower the player count is :eyepop:. What do you think the lower limit is for them to still break even on server/staff upkeep?

I'm reading the CSM-minutes right now and at one point CCP is like actually, the numbers are the highest ever :smug:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

cybertier posted:

Soooo.

Warp Speed Buffs for Cruisers and above. Nice.

Warp speed changes are:
Cruiser: 3 -> 4
BC: 2.7 -> 3.5
BS: 2 -> 3
T2 Cruiser: 3.3 -> 4.5
T2 BC: 3 -> 4
T2 BS: 2.2 -> 3.5

Source: Some guy on the EVE Online forums, as CCP didn't think of actually telling us the changes. (The official article just says the changes happened, and that's it.)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ZombieLenin posted:

Are they going to increase the warp speed so I can finish my warp to that 20m au anom in less than 30 years?

CCP says the bug got fixed, so no. Besides those bugged anoms were somewhere deep inside the galactic void, so who knows what spooky things would have happened to you there? :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Black Pants posted:

So, this is a genuine question out of actual ignorance, but how do people die when out solo (with Local working) other than just actually being afk mining/ratting? Like, is there a counter for 'warp somewhere safe if you see a red on Local'? Or is it mostly just getting caught in drag bubbles or gatecamps to worry about?

My favorite solo death is looking at d-scan at someone, thinking to myself "Yeah, I could take him" and then learning that no, I couldn't

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Stop complaining guys, you get a Triglavian Dread, what's not to love? :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, looks like I was playing too much Stellaris to notice this. When did Titans get nerfed again now? Watches Titans bosoning entire fleets off the field

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Weren't there already multiple Star Wars MMOs?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well, if someone is dumb enough to put up his Etana or whatever, I'll probably buy one or two raffle tickets, just in case I'm lucky. In all other cases, that looks like another part of the game I'll steadfastly ignore

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I was referring to stations you dock in/spin ships in, not POS. I am *very* out of the loop though so I may be mis-understanding what is going on here.

POS had most of their functionality removed and soon they'll be gone, entirely.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mantees posted:

Guys, is Invasion Chapter 2 basically just 1 new encounter or what?
I am confused, as in EVE Updates they flagged the November release as an Expansion, which means that it is supposed to be a major update. But what makes it major? Sharing bookmarks?

There's also the new dreadnought.

But yeah, I got nothing :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MikeStmria posted:

So CCP will consider this a sucess because some one is selling a Titan.

RIP

Nah, it's a success because Somer is trying to sell a Raven State Issue. :v: