Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Micromancer posted:

With goons has been pretty great, excellent fleets and services and people in general. I have no real experience with non-goons other than telling recruiters when I was a week old that if they weren't blue to us, don't even try.

Edit: From the other thread

What is your in game name, I can throw you probe isk. Definitely made 50m+ scooping abandoned drones with very little effort.

DeepState CrisisActor and cheers! Should I buy an expanded probe launcher before I get to Delve?

I'm setting up Jabber and reading through the wiki/forums and holy poo poo is there a lot of things to familiarise myself with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I just got to Delve and I am excited to go shoot some poo poo with my lovely spacecraft.

I think I've applied to Theta? They seem friendly and I don't know where else to go :cheers:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Dalael posted:

Theta is the place to go and chill while you mine/krab if you want your poo poo saved. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes its cancer.

There seems to be some fits and training plans only available in the Theta forum. Ostensibly they also do fleets in which I can participate.

By the way, I think I will upgrade to Omega soon so you should get some rewards for your link, thanks for that by the way!

Micromancer posted:

Also buy any and all skill books you will need for the next few weeks/months of training - getting back to jita to buy books kinda sucks. I am in Elysium on Jabber and on Theta comms p much any time Im not asleep or at work. Probably going to be doing High sec stuff with my wife today.

I picked up Minmatar frigate and destroyer, but forgot to get the guns. Oh well.

Is it ok if I seek you out in Jabber with more questions should the need arise?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Micromancer posted:

Absolutely, hit me up for anything. I pretty frequently burn to Jita in a Claw to get skills, and have a highsec alt parked there for shipping larger orders down. Let me know what books you are missing Ill add them to the next order I make.

AFA Theta goes, I'd definitely hang out on comms and see if it's something you want to do. These are the people you'd be doing it with so

Cheers, and thanks for the spacebucks!

Bilirubin posted:

Just a hint: leave a clone in your school station so you can jump back and inject whenever you need without needing to fly there.

How do I do that? Do I need any particular skill?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I just got into my first fight, I tried to save a polish ratter who weren't in the fleet but my Tormentor got destroyed within two seconds then everyone yelled on the polish guy because he wasn't in fleet :downs:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

lovely tuna snatch posted:

One week into GoonWaffe (and EVE itself) and I still haven't got the slightest clue what is going on.

I'm with you bud, except I'm two weeks in and haven't had much time to play. How does one get into fleets? I see the pings but its only for ships I can't afford/fly yet.

I'm reading through the wiki and have joined the Scientology squad hoping for Tom Cruiser-money :angel:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
So I just x-up and I'll be allowed to gently caress around doing something hopefully useful? I wouldn't want to be a drag.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Pomp posted:

You might get left behind if your UI isn't unfucked, but it's almost impossible to be complete dead weight in the game

What do you mean UI — Overview or something else?

In other news I just found an extremely appropriate thread in the forums called "How do you join fleets", exactly my level...

e: I'm already lost :hist101:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

I mean we left PL.

The current cutting-edge meta for supercaps is to have as many titans as possible, there's no way around that. GSF+Test have won the supercap game (mass as many rorqs+titans as possible), as long as they're together, unless somehow NCDOT+PL can pull some magic out and match those numbers.

For smaller stuff the meta is nanohels, and it's more tactics than anything. It's not unreasonable for a 50-person (not eveguy) corp to be able to field ~5-10 hels, which will rip apart the smalltime escalations that your bottom-tier alliances put forward. LR fibos are still an amazing tool to destroy small gangs.

What are nanohels?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Ah cool I will check this out. I didn't know we had our own sub-forum.

Get in there and rally for my idea of a 1v1 t1 frig tournament TIA.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Who the gently caress is Xenuria? He keeps posting awful threads in the Helldump (Helldump #1) but I never understand what he is talking about.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
IMO you could multithread EVE easily by using Blockchain technology.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Ok I’m traveling but I’ll do it when I get home

Please link your thread here, TIA.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Really not impressed with the way this thread celebrated armistice day this year :colbert:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Supposedly if you were training Triglavian ships as the client updated you are now unable to train skills at all. Have any of you been inconvenienced by this issue?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

orange juche posted:

Who the gently caress is rutger hauer

:sad:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

I am not into theory crafting tbh. Often I relied on my corp mates who were into it to do it for me.

My marketable eve skill was being able to not shake and panic when my vindicator and high grade slave set was on the line.

Find some tryhards and look at their losses on zkill.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Rutibex posted:

But those people lost, clearly their fits aren't very good.

Well obviously it isn't going to tell you everything — people fit ships for different purposes and with different priorities — but it is a good place to start.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

the only one worth joining is reavers, the rest are trash

well miniluv is okay if you're in EU

Why are reavers worth joining?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
How much "skill" – in terms of player knowledge or ability – is there to flying say a Ferox or Megathron in a fleet?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
So there is essentially no disparity in skill between the line members of different groups?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

vandalism posted:

I'm loving around with the character creator and is it even possible to make a decent dude? All my guys have beef jerky face. Do all races get a unique hair options? Or just certain bloodlines?

Go Amarr for the off-brand Star Wars-emperor look.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

but what about pirate titans :thunk:

EVE isn't over until a thousand Komodos chain-DD each other outside of 1dq prime.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

We slept together

Lmao jesus christ dude.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
From where do the numbers on botting come from?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Here's Globbys 101 on how to tell if they are botting.

We're they caught and killed?

Then they weren't botting.

This is good causal logic.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yeah there is that, someone bought a Ragnarok after a week of running burners with two runners and the new standings booster drugs

Wait what?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Saul Kain posted:

Look for the Mission Running subforum in the Theta forum on goonfleetdotcom.

Yeah I have something cooking, I just didn't realise how good those standings boosters are/were.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I've gotten some rage in EVE-mails over a pod I killed (my first and so far only kill), where do I post it for people to enjoy?

Warmachine posted:

Y'all clearly don't hang out in Theta enough to realize behind all of the sperg is a gaggle of very bloodthirsty neckbeards that'll jump on anything even vaguely red, even if we have to chuck them at a cyno beacon first.

I tried to help Kunmi drop titans on four-five PH Caracals roaming through Delve. They had them boxed in FM-JK5 within ten minutes. I sat on a gate in my Sabre until I realised I didn't have a cyno fitted and went home. This was the result.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
My flamewar has escalated, now he's using Google Translate to call me out in Korean, with font size 666.

To this:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Today in NPC corp-chat

:allears:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Today I saw someone warp in and use a Chimera to safely tractor wrecks from under the 1dq camp PL & friends are running :sun: I'd imagine with some bubbles the gang would've killed him. (As you can't cyno in the same system?)

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Micromancer posted:

I financed a titan, dagon, chemosh and hit 75m SP on my main in a year and a half all due to either using or selling skill injectors. There is no reasonable reason why I should have a net worth over 200b in this amount of time. I love it of course, but 100% acknowledge the system is loving dumb.

I use extra old carriers as station containers for the ship hangar for gods sake. poo poo's just out of hand.

How is your wealth a result of Injectors? Do you mean Injectors enabled you to turn your wealth into SP?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Micromancer posted:

When I installed June of '18 the Galaxy packs were on sale. I bought like 9 of them and began injecting my main into renewable income streams rather than buy bling and lose it. I have 21 omega accounts now and somewhere around 40m SP instead of making my covetor miners into raisins so I could shoot it all into my main, I began selling them and the income was insane because back then I was ice mining for extractors. Only half the accounts are dedicated skill goo. The rest are a few cyno alts, fax alts each of the faxes can also fly rorqs. All of the covetor miners chuck ice at like 30 second cycles and jetcan into a rorq on grid. I can solo an ice belt in under two hours.

Since they didn't need any more SP, when I decided to start extracting them I was then able to get injectors at extractor prices. At peak I only had around 18 pilots in the farm and thats been cut down to 12 now. Accidentally having 10b every 8 days or so on their own is just broken. I paid off a 70b loan in 6 weeks instead of the agreed 5 months because shortly after I did the deal, the anniversary event happened and holy poo poo. The event itself was 45b in profit alone.

That is the kind of poo poo reddit tilts about, good job mate (sincerely).

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Now get a Molok :getin:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is there passive shield regeneration on abandoned citadels?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Are Reactions still the preferred way to grow from 10-20b to filthy rich?

gwrtheyrn posted:

Citadels don't have shield regen in any quantity that matters

Cheers.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Reactions are the T-bills of EVE online. You get a small steady income, but it will not propel you into a new wealth category unless you do it for 5 years straight. If you have 20b you have enough isk to start station trading. Set up some buy orders for Rorquals and Excavator Drones and other high value infrastructure items and resell them. This will make you a lot more isk than reactions.

You want to start doing reaction when you have 100b and station trading is boring.

Alright, cheers.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Wibla posted:

Adding to the reaction stuff - doing T2 production from scratch including reactions can net a fairly decent margin, but it of course requires a bit more work.

I'll certainly look into that, cheers. But I don't have the SP (or the spare ISK to buy that SP) required for T2 Production yet. Is Invention worthwhile or do most T2 builders run their own Invention as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Wibla posted:

Most T2 builders invent their own blueprints. While there IS a T2 bpc market, I wouldn't count on it to supply what you need at all times.. and people charge a lot for those bpcs.

I was more thinking if invention was a viable way into T2 production. But after doing some more reading it sounds like I need a pretty good hand on the market as well as a BPO library to make that work so it might well be all academic at this point.