Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Guys/Gals.. I need help. I'm considering coming back in to the fray but... I have a job! I have a life now! I have a fiance! I can't risk that all for this terrible game again :negative: . Save me from myself, I beg you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god. We're still using Jabber? :confuoot:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Aight, well I can see where folks see the merit for Jabber, but can we talk about clients? Surely some have progressed to the point where they're not buggy AF. I couldn't find one 7 years ago without memory leak/performance issues or a clunky UI and honestly that's probably the part that was most annoying about Jabber to me. Anyone have good recommendations?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ryanrs posted:

I know you like being cranky, but FCing is legit hard and 99.9% of eve players suck at it.

Yeah I've dabbled as an SC 5-8 years back and it's hard as gently caress to manage. You've got managing intel at the regional and local levels, shepharding cats(goons et al), choosing good targets, maintaining appropriate distances from the enemy fleet, knowing enough to assess at a glance if you're outgunned and overdue to get hosed if you stay in the fight any longer(or if the enemy is), keeping people entertained when there's not much happening, coordinating with other fleets if there's other ops going on, and a good dose of humility is essential if you don't want to feed kills needlessly. It's rewarding as gently caress when it pans out, but it's stressful as all :getout:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Realistically, how many sub cap pilots can snuff put on the field anyways? It's not like we need to send a rage formed three full fleets of HAC's up there. Surely the three stakeholders could agree to each send a 100 person fleet or whatever and have the FC's coordinate on Discord. I mean, it would require logic, reason, and the ability to set aside emotions to do, so lol i don't know if we'll ever see that happening

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

different things, bfm was singular turbo creep and the revolution was stomping on the insanely awful misogyny and racism and just general bigotry that, while existed somewhat prior to opening the gates, was greatly exacerbated by redditors

The part nobody remembers is the catalyst was misogyny being so bad it was literally scaring off women, specifically spies.

Yeah, good riddance to those times. Glad we've moved on from that toxic poo poo

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So what I'm hearing is that high level Eve play is basically a giant Multi Level Marketing scheme

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stereotype posted:

After you sleep on it and start playing I’ll give you a bunch of thrashers to lose. Also when you lose them the alliance pays you more than they are worth.

They’re basically delta sqads main doctrine now. We killed nearly 2b tonight and only lost one. That guy made money losing it too. The game is very fun when you don’t worry about your ship exploding

Would you mind sharing the fit for that? I'm curious to see how cost effective it would be for killing Test miners in the Afgoonistan area of Delve.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

So I managed to get tagged on the ESI, and I've been sent the invite in-game. I can't quite apply to Delta on esi.goonfleet.com as it throws up an error, and the wiki.goonfleet.com still errors when loading the login page... soooo I guess I'm sort of in a holding pattern until I'm registered in the system.

API update stuff can take a day or two sometimes. Make sure your stuff on https://goonfleet.com/esa/ looks right. All you'll need is patience and a lot of hard liquor to put up with this terrible game when you start playing it :sun:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

Yeah, it still says no eligible characters found. So I dunno. I joined the guild an hour or two ago, but they did say several hours, and you said even a day or two. So I'll hold tight.

Yeah it literally took my API a good day and a half to properly update.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm willing to bet 1 million isk that this war will still be going in 4 months. Like, we will still be holed up in 1dq.
People will just have to join SIG's like Delta Squad or the Afgoonistan group and gently caress with them in their backfield

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Last night was quite nice. Who knew getting a carrier killed was as simple as D-scanning anoms with my cheetah alt with nothing but a scram, followed by calling for the gang to :getin: . Lol this fit though. Who krabs with a carrier two systems out from a hostile staging?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/91281247/

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JediBlutarsky posted:

Thanks for the tip on PR-8CA. I managed to jump and dock safely which is good because I had a ton of crap loaded in my carrier that would have made a hilarious killmail. I see there is an amazing amount of poo poo I can't do now without OMEGA status which is annoying as hell.

Check out everything you have in asset safety containers in low sec. Prepare to spend 15% of its value to get out of the cans, and arrange with ITL or NFU to get it down to Delve if you have the liquid isk. That's what I did, but it sure cost me a pretty penny : negative:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

adamantium|wang posted:

I had a similar problem with a Carrier alt logged out in space in F-T. Alpha clone couldn't use half the poo poo on the carrier which was offlined, and couldn't join the Corp while I was in a ship. I had to Omega the account, eject, join corp, board the carrier, and jump to a mid point using my main in a force recon thanks to the cyno changes. Got to 1DQ to realise my Nid was shield fit and rigged in an armour meta :negative:

My carrier was stuck in DW-T2I out in the middle of space when I came back a month ago. That was fun, doing about 10-15 carrier jumps to get it down to Delve. Now... Now I have to do my Minokawa in Saranen :negative:

E: and my Chimera isn't even wanted at all in the current meta.. it's basically just a fancy suitcase, yay me

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JediBlutarsky posted:

The amount of T2 poo poo I still have in Syndicate is amazing. I'm gonna spend the next week flying around on alts either selling or staging crap. I guess it's a good opportunity to relearn the game. I guess it takes awhile to get an email response from the newbies address? Lol

Hit up Ackbarre with Northern Freight Unlimited (in the S-Mart subforum once your forum access is back on goonfleet.com), I consolidated my stuff in one system in Syndicate and had it all JF'ED out for a very fair price. Did you deploy there with Space Violence a few years back? I think that's how all my stuff ended up there.

ullerrm posted:

Yeah, the Chimera is in a weird place these days. It's actually still decent as a very tanky boosting platform; we use them to provide shield boosts for the Naglfars on dreadfleets, and occasionally for Supertrain boosts. (However, we usually only need one or two of them at most, and the Rorqual actually does it slightly better.)

Yeah, I know. It's just my fully Leadership trained character is my subcap pilot, not my capital pilot :smith: . I'm thinking I'll just train him into a Wyvern as he's already got Caldari Carrier V, just need 2 months of skills to get Supertits compliant. Then I'll have to find out how to actually make the isk to buy one.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You'd think there would be a 30 day delay between setting up the home system and it actually getting set as the capital to avoid tomfoolery such as this, but, you know. :ccp:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

What if, and hear me out now, they used the same scaling algorithm from war dec costs and slightly modified it to modify sov mechanic cooldowns based on alliance size.

You should unironically pass that along to CSM or put it on Reddit or whatever. It's a great idea

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dirk Pitt posted:

To be fair, PAPI have done fuckall in the past 3 weeks that we can challenge. I'm a bit bored myself with the war at the moment. Maybe I need to head out Querious way.

Lots of fun small gang stuff going on between the stuff in UEXO/Afgoonistan and what our hero's in Delta Squad are doing in Querious. :ssh: Don't tell anybody we're having fun over here though.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dirk Pitt posted:

What's better for EUTZ? I really suck at small gang but would love to learn more about it.

I can't speak for Delta Squad, but we've got a bunch of guys in EUTZ that are always causing trouble for hostile Krabs in the area. It's one of our weaker time zones but it's not dead, and the hostiles are definitely active in the area. You'll get lots of practice and experience in small gang fuckery with either group though. I'd recommend tough fast tackle and cheap T1 cruisers to start with. Dictor is always very welcome if you're good at that.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure he used to work in some capacity with the GOP based off something I saw on his Twitter bio, so is it really that surprising he'd be a fan of one of the darlings of the Right?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Your bling outshone their bling :smaug:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I want to see someone accidentally fleet warp their battleship fleet to a gate in wall or expanded ball formation when they were desperately trying to escape

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kaysette posted:

Hard Times Vegetarian Chili

29 oz. can tomato sauce
3 oz. tomato paste
Medium green pepper, chopped
Fresh jalapeno, diced
Small yellow onion, chopped
3 cups water
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
2 tbsp ancho chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/3 tsp ground allspice
1 cup textured vegetable protein

Put everything in a pot, mix well, and simmer for two hours.

This looks good but it needs black beans and, most importantly, some umami bombs. A tablespoon of Better then Boillion Vegetable base or miso paste, straight up MSG, porcini mushrooms, a few splashes of soy sauce, or Vegemite works good in small doses to up the umami. Chili ain't chili if it's not savoury.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dialhforhero posted:

I am still afraid to jump to Nunome Lighthouse like 99% of the time.

Jumping anywhere without eyes is a butt clenching experience. I hover that mouse caaaarefully over the target beacon in that right click menu.

Can you imagine how many of us would die if Nunome Lighthouse got bought out by Horde

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stereotype posted:

dear reddit lurkers please send 1B isk to KoaTheCat and I will tell you the delta sqad secret

Is it :justpost: ?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beach Bum posted:

All y'all talkin' 'bout wantin' to do Delta poo poo or the twenty-10-man-fleets stuff, please, join The Irregulators (Delta or Afgoonistan). We would love to have you (especially AUTZ folks!) and being that the enemy's "backline" is literally in Delve/Querious/Period Basis right now there's all kinds of fun harassment poo poo you can do to make them form 100 Muninns at you while you wolololo away to the next constellation over and go poke something else. The they get tired of chasing you and oh look that JB/Beacon/IHUB/etc got reffed by ten dudes in bombers. Covert hotdrops, gatecamping, trailer trash brawling (Thoraxes and 'Canes), RR HERD DOMIS, kitey cruiser gangs, ESS raiders, WE HAVE IT ALL!

Are you a SC who didn't get to lead a lot of fleets with the hellcamps going on or whatever? Join the Irregulators! You will never get more opportunity or experience in leading fleets. Want to lead a fleet? "Hey guys let's go do <x>" and get some nerds in spacebotes and go do things! There's more poo poo to do than you will have time for, and if you're anything like me you'll have a blast the whole time.

Join The Irregulators today!

<Imaginary awesome Solus recruitment poster goes here>

Can confirm that joining Afgoonistan cured my space depression and made all the cute girls in my class pay attention to me.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Solus posted:

Entosisers

I'd bridge myself to our cyno beacon in system, warp in at 100, shoot the lovely entosis guy, go to a friendly citadel and covert cyno my black ops in. It was very luxurious

https://zkillboard.com/kill/88353278/

You can eat poo poo to small poo poo very quickly though. This strat relied on having our own beacon network and poo poo too. Can't do it any more

For hunting ratters I'd use a hecate, just overheat with void and laugh

Should've loaded Gleam :sun:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

I dont know poo poo about ammo. What would it have changed?

So, for most ammo there's varying bonuses to turret tracking, optimal range, falloff range, damage type, and damage amounts. So, on beams, Aurora is the longest range ammo, but it has worse tracking to account for that. Gleam is the closest range but highest damage (iirc) ammo, but it also gets a 25% bonus to turret tracking to make up for the loss in usable range. The T1 ammos fill in all the gaps in between.

E: as for what it would've changed, he might still have died, but there would've been a far higher chance of actually dealing damage to the frigates. Whether it would've been enough to survive is hard to say. In a situation like that where a close In target has gotten under my turrets tracking, I load tracking bonuses ammo AND turn off auto-repeat on my guns. Then I hover my finger over F1 as I watch their transversal like a hawk, and shoot when I see their transversal dip down. I also manually double-click align away from them to try to decrease transversal at the same time. Also, a flight of Warrior II's helps a lot.

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 19, 2021

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
14k ehp on a T3C? :eyepop:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Bored of flying just mainfleet? Want to find your F2? Come on down to Afgoonistan, where we do things like ref and blap a jump bridge in the span of 3 hours (with them even dropping a carrier and dread to try and save it), then moonwalk out after they form a full muninn fleet to catch you. The only ingredient we're missing is some of that sweet Delta Squad Tornado action.

https://br.evetools.org/br/6054187e002302001ac4e1dd

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Euphonium or :getout:, low brass for life . RIP our music selection though

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

OAquinas posted:

The problem is that they have to actually kill the citadels.

Their tactics for current citadels are 1) grab ihub 2) wait 3) jam system 4) ref/blow up
It's specifically to avoid us being able to escalate with capitals/supers. Can't do that in an NPC null system--they'd be forced to fight.

Exactly. Look at what happened with the M2- Keepstar fight when they didn't have a jammer to safely fight under. Even without superior numbers we were able to contest in our favour.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Collateral Damage posted:

Darks. Apparently the cynabals do a good chunk of EM damage which is of course my resist hole as well.

This is the fit I've been using. Technically I could get away with only one cap battery, but I don't have the spare CPU for a shield resist mod anyway.

code:
[Hawk, T2 Dark]

Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Small C5-L Compact Shield Booster
Copasetic Compact Shield Boost Amplifier
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile
Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury L ight Missile
[Empty High slot]

Small Bay Loading Accelerator II
Small EM Shield Reinforcer II

What kind of Isk/hr do you pull down doing this?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

If you're training into a thing, :ccp: will definitely nerf it to the ground just as you finish training.

Hello, my Chimera guy called and he wants his SP back :saddowns:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

capn posted:

I probably should just go ahead and extract caldari carrier 5, that way they'll be buffed

I'll leave mine in while you take one for the team tia

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
According to the one PAPI Dingus I listened to on Talking in Stations, CCP added a new thing(ihub upgrade?/structure?) to the database that nerfs cloaky camping recently? Obviously it's not in the game yet, but it could signal some intent from the devs. Can you imagine how smug Papi will be if they move into Delve after all our non-1DQ poo poo is burned and then :ccp: goes and does a big nerf to cloaky camping/blops hotdrops?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stereotype posted:

That map is missing the imperium constellation in delve as well as the imperium sov that stretches from catch to esoteria

It's not missing, if you look closer our systems are still highlighted in little gold squares. Sov.space's algorithm just doesn't weight our one constellation enough to give it a bubble of space anymore.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Anias posted:

The bar for bad posting has been set, future posters.

Respect nano kiting Drakes from 2011 or :getout:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

Other than Megathron for Baltec, has Gallente ships ever had their time in the sun?

On top of what's already been mentioned, blaster fit hyperions with armor reps are daaangerous solo. We have a doctrine in Afgoonistan that uses Domi's to great effect. Vexor Navy Issue's are straight up the best solo ships in the game right now isk-wise if brawling is your style. Eris+Hecate combo makes for a meeeaaan gate camp combo. Lots of good choices :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Spiteski posted:

So for space poor people, how are we meant to afford to buy 10 bloody megathrons and rokhs when they just doubled in price overnight? SRP is only covering half the new price off the hull now so... ideas? Should I just fly a vigil?

Check out the thread on the goonfleet dotte com forums about running abyssal sites, a Gila turns a profit real quick. Also, If you want to take a week to run the Guristas Hunt sites in caldari lowsec, the payouts out there are quite good, apparently in the 100 mil-300 mil depending on what drops