Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hey guys I heard this game was fun so I made a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Does the computer lady ever say "docking request denied"?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm mining in my little venture mining tugboat!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sneak Lemming posted:

Benzie isnt an eve player, he was a minor youtube eceleb for command and conquer rivals, he used to be the guy EA gave patch notes to before anyone else, but he was terrible at the game. Then EA killed rivals by firing the entire team and giving it to maint mode people. So Benzie withered on the vine and flared out of the rivals community in a big drama shitpost a week or two ago. The only other remotely successful thing he did was a couple of lovely, uninformed videos on eve echoes where he pretends to be an expert. Without Rivals he seems to be transferring to Eve full time. I really hope he ends up in EO because he causes loads of drama constantly.

I'm sorry that you have this knowledge.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I was doing exploration in wormholes in a little heron and while I was scanning for sites some guy warps in on me and tries to blow me up!!! Fortunately I am on top of the wormhole I used to get into the system and I make it out with like 10% of my armor left. I had like 12 million isk of loot so I am super glad I got away!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

bro i couldn't live without cow, i literally eat bacon every single day

also since i've been scamming I've gotten a lot of people to give me their ESI, and ho lee gently caress CCP literally reimburses every gank victim their poo poo if they put in a ticket.

Bacon comes from pigs.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sneak Lemming posted:

Okay then, five things more important than ship balance?

I mean mostly I think whether the game is fun is more important than "balance".

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

the last actual war was world war bee, the rest have been lovely non committal wars or meme wars.

When was that?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

kman3022 posted:

I meant to say the inability to margin trade.

There's an edit button, bro.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
If you play with goons you'll go to their big base and see a titan hanging out in front of it. Or two.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

You can but it can be beaten via the latency game, as well as people blasting through your vicinity in a microwarpdriving interceptor.

What's the fastest a ship can go with like a MWD?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Aqua posted:

Is the state of play that bad?

I think there's a lot of bitter veterans who play this game and hate themselves for it, but I think the game in and of itself is "fine". It's a very weird niche game and there aren't a lot of games like it in the world, especially not as popular.

There's mostly just a lot of really weird people who play it, and basically dominate the game.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Isn't it easier to just connect to jabber every once in a while instead of posting?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

dialhforhero posted:

Is there a need for having entry requirements post Culture War anyway? Seems kind of trite, :jerkbag: and dumb seeing as you can joing the alliance via Karmafleet et. al. If they don’t “fit the culture” if goonfleet specifically then cull the hoard the most entertaining way possible when appropriate.

:commissar:

Yeah I think that there should still be rules about joining groups run by goons. Otherwise you get random fuckwads.

You might say that any random fuckwad can join SA, but it's a better filter than having zero filter.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rapulum_Dei posted:

The idea that someone would want to gently caress you over with it seemed like it referred more to a personal story than commercial mining safety standards. I didn’t mean it as an attack, sorry if that’s how it came across.

Like someone already pointed out, most safety inspection stuff is outsourced/distanced so if it’s hosed up there’s someone to blame/sue.

Isn't it usually in the best interest of managers to gently caress over their subordinates?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is TNT "get off my lawn"?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

thank you for posting the exact same opinion literally dozens of other people have posted in this exact same thread, and also an opinion 95%+ of the people in the funperium also hold

:justpost:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

In this game the best way to get your feet wet is to join a new player friendly corp. It can't be understated how hard this game is to pick up just via the in-game tutorial stuff and the bigger organized player corps do a better job of telling you what you should be doing. No one has any expectations for you to do anything useful so don't worry about feeling like you are a burden or anything.

Once you know what you are doing and have some advanced skills trained you can then go it alone or join some small group of people you like somewhere.

100% join goons or whatever. It might seem a little daunting but it's better than fumbling around in high sec in a stupid little frigate doing level 1 missions.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

your post is so dumb and tryhard

first of all, i don't need to play the game to know basic game knowledge

second of all, people can start playing and stop playing the game

Idk if knowing how many people are playing the game is basic game knowledge. That sounds kind of advanced.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

AntherUslessPoster posted:

imagine residing on a medieval discord server that doesnt have @everyone and @here turned off
loving animals

One thing I've never been able to figure out for discord is turning off notifications for roles that I have.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Deacon91 posted:

What are the main differences if any between joining GoonWaffe and Karma fleet? Spent the last couple of months just mucking around in hisec and low trying to get reacquainted with the game and the newer mechanics and ships etc. Thinking about coming back to null, not sure if worth waiting to put in an app for main corp with the possibility of being rejected anyway or just joining karma.

The main difference is you won't be joining goonwaffe.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I recovered a banned account somewhat recently and it took longer than I would have liked for them to respond.

E: yeah I put in the ticket March 3rd and got a response March 18th. I got access to the account again on the 24th.

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 2, 2020

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

causticBeet posted:

Awful app is the only true and just way to post on this dead gay forum, way better than the desktop UI

Meh, the only thing the app has on the browser version is that you can bookmark subforums to the top of the screen.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

Was this close to resubbing , so i jumped onto ESI and then....

Lmao, what a poo poo show. I don't even want to know the entire process to getting this fixed. Its a space ship video game. I guess I am a deep cover spy. 13 years on the forums is playing the long con.

this happened to me when i rejoined back in feb, it fixed itself basically

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

I don't understand how you rejoin if ESI is like the very first step and you are banned from it. :iiam:

I'm not saying I understand it, I'm just saying that I joined, then shortly after got a message telling me I'm banned, and then I wasn't banned.

RYYSZLA posted:

Day 9 and counting of waiting on a reply to my lost account ticket so I can either A) get the account back or B) not and then finally add it (or not) to auth and apply to KF

I've given them every bit of information ever associated with the account, including all previous ticket numbers and no reply :(

They're probably like blizzard where they fired 90% of their customer service people.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Make a space ship so big that it exists in multiple systems at once.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure the army uses Push To Talk on their radios. If it's good enough for our nation's Elite Operators then it's good enough for me.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Hey long time listener first time caller here. Reset karmafleet.

I'll take my answer off air.

Aren't they from Reddit? Isn't Goonfleet at war with Reddit? Very suspicious IMHO.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Are Jump Freighters one of those things that basically require having an alt that can do the cynosaural beacon thingies? Or having other people help you?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I got my cute little industrial blown up in 39P by a interdictor so now I'm gonna train into them so I can blow other people up.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Foehammer007 posted:

just use a titan duh

Can I borrow one?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
https://zkillboard.com/kill/86832481/ I got vengeance for my industrial I lost.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

"Ganking is too strong, it hurts newer players and people don't even know what's going on when it happens." -CCP

Also CCP: "Let's make Niarja a lowsec system that'll kill more people in a week than have died to ganks from january to july this year."

The second thing is novel and interesting ATM at least.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

dialhforhero posted:

Would appreciate if you don’t try to talk like a high schooler tia.

Also no and you can however turn off situational music for the Og music but no jukebox to choose songs.

"tia"

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to be a station trader and I think I sold stuff back to myself accidentally.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

I've done this all the time. Its actually saved my rear end a few times, when I have butter fingers and list something for a very low price its handy when I also have the top "buy" order for that commodity :v:

Is it the same as if you cancel your buy order? Just the broker's fee?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

I told some guys on mumble that I just started playing like two months ago and they were like “woah hold on how did you get into such a high up Corp in goon squad if you just started” and I was like guys I’ve been a goon far longer than any of you. I’ve been a goon longer than this game has existed.

What's a high up corp in goon squad?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

goonwaffe apparently

Hell yeah, I'm important too!

I was in a fleet earlier today and commented that this was my first structure shoot. A bunch of ppl were like "how can you be in goonwaffe for 6 months and not shot any structures!" and I didn't have an answer for them. Other than I was shocked that it had been 6 months since I started playing again.

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 6, 2020

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
At least back in 2013 when I first signed up I got several billion isk in donations for being a "cute newbee :shobon:" No such welcoming now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Based on god lmao