Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
Looks like CCP is going to start messing with the Avatar model. New video makes it seem kinda nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ragedx posted:

Looks like CCP is going to start messing with the Avatar model. New video makes it seem kinda nice.

That thing looks amazing

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Link?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdZdD1Uayog

46 seconds in

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Is quadrant 2 the new mobile game?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
That's an amusing change. If the wardec fee is not upkept by the attacker, the defender gets 24 hours of free first shooting at them. It's a welcome change I guess.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

The man speaketh

GamesBeat posted:

What’s the total user base now?

HIMSELF: The monthly active user base for Eve is 300,000 people

:cawg:

GamesBeat posted:

Where does your interest lie as far as new kinds of projects, beyond Eve Online?

HIMSELF: We’re about to release the ability to trade on the EVE markets through the mobile app, which is a big piece.

:trumppop:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Now I understand why 0.01isking needed to be eliminated. Trading on an app, thats all I ever asked for......dammit CCP

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Yeah, I thought the same. Impossible to keep up with the horde of millennials 0.01-isking from their phones 24/7.

Now the problem is: how do they act against account sharing? Being mobile IP assignment pretty random, account sharing seems almost a logic consequence.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

orange juche posted:

Align time on a nullified t3 is something like 3 seconds or near enough, it was super loving easy to catch that dude if they had something with a long enough range on its point.

Their command destroyer had interdiction maneuvers burst on a T2 burst module, so I don't think their two stilletos had any problems pointing the idiot.

can you not immediately re-cloak after breaking jump cloak anymore?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

froody guy posted:

Yeah, I thought the same. Impossible to keep up with the horde of millennials 0.01-isking from their phones 24/7.

Now the problem is: how do they act against account sharing? Being mobile IP assignment pretty random, account sharing seems almost a logic consequence.

I think account sharing is already a thing. As long as nobody makes it a problem, CCP doesn't make it a problem.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

zegermans posted:

can you not immediately re-cloak after breaking jump cloak anymore?

You can but it can be beaten via the latency game, as well as people blasting through your vicinity in a microwarpdriving interceptor.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

That interview was pretty good.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ynglaur posted:

I think account sharing is already a thing. As long as nobody makes it a problem, CCP doesn't make it a problem.

the de facto policy on account sharing is that ccp doesn't give a gently caress as long as the account sharing creates no problems for ccp. the instant that it creates any work for a GM though, they'll make that work go away via bans. but nobody gets proactively banned for account sharing unless ccp thinks the account was hacked.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

evilweasel posted:

the de facto policy on account sharing is that ccp doesn't give a gently caress as long as the account sharing creates no problems for ccp. the instant that it creates any work for a GM though, they'll make that work go away via bans. but nobody gets proactively banned for account sharing unless ccp thinks the account was hacked.

this is their policy on a lot of things

as soon as anti-gankers figured this out, they petitioned us every time a freighter died, every time we insulted them in local, every game mechanic we came up with, and encouraged every freighter pilot that lost a ship to petition CCP for it back while telling them the keywords to put in their post so they almost assuredly got it back.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

CainFortea posted:

Is quadrant 2 the new mobile game?

It’s what they’re calling the second quarter of the year in true stupid CCP fashion.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

You can but it can be beaten via the latency game, as well as people blasting through your vicinity in a microwarpdriving interceptor.

What's the fastest a ship can go with like a MWD?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

SHISHKABOB posted:

What's the fastest a ship can go with like a MWD?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
North of 60k m/s

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017
I see I've got a bunch of old faction pos's laying around (10+). Are they still of any use / value or are they just food for the reprocessor?

MrOzzy fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 29, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://zkillboard.com/kill/82772374/

color me surprised another 100b+ kill where nothing drops

I think CODE is 3/19 on big drops

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/82772374/

color me surprised another 100b+ kill where nothing drops

I think CODE is 3/19 on big drops

wtf is an Adrestia

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Rutibex posted:

wtf is an Adrestia

You can click the item and it links to a page on the site talking about the item.

quote:

The Adrestia is a high-powered blaster platform specially commissioned for the 8th Alliance Tournament. While similar to its sister vessel the Deimos (on which its design was based), this ship nonetheless differs in some very important ways. Utilizing lightweight alloys and a prototype form of ion thruster, the Adrestia is capable of reaching truly mind-boggling speeds for a heavy assault vessel. While this makes it less sturdy than its predecessor, the lack of defensive plating is compensated for by state-of-the-art targeting systems, thoroughly optimized weapon hardpoints and upgraded warp scrambling capability. Don't let the lack of defense fool you; very few vessels out there can stand against the Adrestia toe to toe.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

That is a helluva killmail.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
That's probably worth north of 150 bill honestly

herr
Jan 19, 2009
I haven't played for like 8 years, just fired her back up since I'm functionally unemployed at the moment. Don't really have a direction right now or a clue about what to do.

Got about 26 mil skillpoints, predominantly combat. Last thing I flew was a Talos but it was in the middle of nowhere so I had to abandon it. I remember running the Thorax a lot and whatever it's heavy variant was, along with drone boats. Was roaming with GoonWaffe back then, scamming and doing a bunch of small scale PvP.

Is there still small scale PvP to be had? Is there stuff to do for a returning mongoloid pilot? What do I do with my hands?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

herr posted:

What do I do with my hands?

Wash them.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

herr posted:

Is there still small scale PvP to be had?

They recently introduced Christmas filaments that teleport you and a small gang of buddies to a random populated 0.0 system. The ultimate lazy PvP item

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

herr posted:

What do I do with my hands?

Open steam and play a better game

Pie_r_round
Oct 10, 2008

causticBeet posted:

Open steam and play a better game

I suggest Space Engineers. It's pretty dope.

Aqua
Mar 24, 2004
NukeZone Mod
I thought I would give Eve a go. Never played it before but having just built a new pc I feel like now is a good time. I will have a good read and throw my hat into the ring to join the team!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Aqua posted:

built a new pc

how many clients can you run on your new PC? mine maxes out at 25!

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Aqua posted:

I thought I would give Eve a go. Never played it before but having just built a new pc I feel like now is a good time. I will have a good read and throw my hat into the ring to join the team!

Run away.

Aqua
Mar 24, 2004
NukeZone Mod
Is the state of play that bad?

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

Aqua posted:

I returned after a few years of absence and started a fresh character without support of my other accounts.
I'm having fun. So give it a go.
Make sure you join a good corporation with a lot of activity. Don't be afraid to try something new. It's all up to you really. Actively search interaction and you'll have a good time!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I get the itch sometimes. I keep the game up to date, watch broadcasts, stay active. When I feel it, I then log in before I sub or plex and remember where I left off and how tedious the game can be and then log off again. Rinse/repeat every two months.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Aqua posted:

I think there's a lot of bitter veterans who play this game and hate themselves for it, but I think the game in and of itself is "fine". It's a very weird niche game and there aren't a lot of games like it in the world, especially not as popular.

There's mostly just a lot of really weird people who play it, and basically dominate the game.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Thing is...EVE became Yet Another Spreadsheet Simulator from The Spreadsheet Simulator. Its just a game to play with somebody instead of The Game.

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 31, 2020

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

how many clients can you run on your new PC? mine maxes out at 25!

mine maxes out at 3 because above that my PC calls me a nerd and powers itself down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Aqua posted:

It's actually come a long way, but the fundamentals are still the same. Eve is less a game and more a hobby, if that makes sense. Less fun, and more satisfying. Definitely geared more towards achievement and mastery than amusement.