Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Started an Eve account, then noticed I can get 1M skillpoints for coming in via recruit a friend. Anyone have a RAF referral link they want to share here (or PM) and I'll use it? Probably going to go Omega right away so I think that's 15 days or whatevs. If no one responds in 10-15 minutes I'll google one up.

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

Uuh.. what? I don't think anyone in the imperium cares about which corp anyone is in.. and it has no impact on your ability to do anything other than some sov specific things i think. Seriously, nobody :shrug:

Nobody in Imperium cares, but the experience in some places is better than others. Waffe doesn't act like a corp, so if knowing a smaller group and working with a smaller group as a corp is important to you, then you'll have more fun in other places (imo). Sigs cover this to some degree, but might not fill that need for everyone.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

evilweasel posted:

We aren’t letting in new alt corps right now because of the risks they pose in wartime, unfortunately. There’s too much risk of using one to secretly anchor structures then flip to papi.

This hasn't been accurate roughly a month now. They did a giant purge and accept around Nov 13th. Given that PAPI has dropped a lot of structures and we aren't contesting them, holding back altcorps at this point doesn't make much sense.

They will probably move a lot slower right now though for obvious reasons.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

So if I were to hypothetically ever be able to afford a titan after all the CCP mineral nerfs and incoming mineral prices should I do a rag or an Erebus?

Rag 3rd choice, Erebus 4th?

Tank is a good thing...

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

evilweasel posted:

I mean there wasn’t really any need to do much. Their natural price was around 80k-100k and it was just a matter of when people liquidated their stockpiles into the market at lower than that vs waiting. It was just an absurdly good hit that I found completely by accident trying to reverse engineer what PI prices would be when they were announced but before they were introduced.

Unfortunately I had used up most of my liquid isl a few days before making free outposts out of reprocessed cynojammers so aryth bought 10x what I did since he hadn’t been doing the cynojammer thing :smith:

When PI was on Sisi people were complaining about how it took like 300 clicks to make a guidance system. That prompted me to go experiment with PI for a bit where it became INCREDIBLY obvious that NPC prices were way too low and especially with regards to guidance systems.

I dropped about 50B into PI and encouraged corpmates to do so as well and I wasn't in goons at the time so lots of people saw it coming. After that, it was just about having the patience to wait years for prices to work their way up.

The thing for me though was that having what felt like infinite wealth made the game less interesting. I eventually cashed out and quit the game until this past year and starting again with 0 made it more interesting. Knowledge matters a lot though as even with the war going on and starting with 0 isk in June I now have a fit titan rdy to blow up papi and another 50B + lots of assets.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Ajaxify posted:

I watched him do it. So much as I can surmise the process looks like this:

Play 12+ hours a day ratting in a c3 wormhole with dual domis and investing every spare cent into injectors and characters on the bazaar until you can fly 2 nestors and 3 leshaks multiboxed. Farm c5 wormholes multiboxed while rolling holes constantly for farm and safety. Fight off one and a half eviction attempts on your home wormhole. Buy Rorquals and lose them in Fountain before downtime (important!). Continue for 6 months. Boom: Titan.

Haha, I would be a trillionaire again if I krabbed that much :)

I did play a good amount in July/August though, covid shutting my business down left me with a lot of spare time.

For getting to where I am now: ninja salvage -> ratting myrmidon, saved for praxis and an astrahus, then c3s with 2x praxis (these take like no SPs to fly!) into dominix worked well. 180m/hour in praxis, 200m/hour in low skill domi x2, then injected up to 2x leshak 2x nestor as ajax mentioned. Leshak is surprisingly low skill too, mostly just the t2 ammo takes a bit. 4 boxing C5s is somewhere around 1B an hour with some time resetting holes etc.

You do eventually burn out and also once you have "enough" isk there's not as much motivation to krab. If my goal was to hit 1T I'd just krab like crazy in w-space but there's way more interesting poo poo going on with the war etc to care that much about isk now.

I think having some variety helps too. Initially used w-space since that's the quickest ramp up imo, but have also dabbled with rorqs, some spec with Oct mineral changes (altho I didn't have much liquid, so only made like 20-30B off that), and will probably try burners at some point.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

andromache posted:

To be correct, the production wasn’t ever “nationalized.” We just purchased in bulk from a handful of imperium producers capable of delivering 50+ hulls at once. Additionally, a non-trivial number of hulls were straight bought off the 1dq1 market if the price was reasonable. We combined that with locally produced modules (often bought in bulk off the 1dq1 market) and gave a fully fit ship back to the pilot at the cost of the net platinum insurance (typically 50mil for a hac).

The people this model destroyed were low effort ship contract listers who imported all their poo poo from jita, slapped a 30% upcharge on the contract. Those guys were done but really that business model is on borrowed time anyway, due to how good the 1dq1 market is. Educating pilots on how pyfa can inject fits into their pilot, and multibuy... listing ships on contract is wasteful. I can often source a doctrine ship via multibuy 20-50mil cheaper than anything on contract. It’s a tax for the lazy and/or stupid.

In any case the alliance isn’t procuring more doctrine hulls for fitted ship replacement. We are putting GSHIP resources on dictor/hictor production as well as a few other devious projects we have in the works. Those guys have limited bandwidth and fitted ship replacement isn’t as high of a priority with the opening up of Helm’s Deep and restarting production.

Were there ever any actual adverts/attempts to recruit regular line members into this GSHIP thing?

I think it seemed to an outsider that the bar to clear to become one of the "handful" was knowing the right people and getting looped in rather than any real constraint on ship production. I'm still fairly new to goons and don't know tons of people yet, but just in my peer group there were 3-4 of us who could have trivially cranked out 100-300 T2 hulls at a time but weren't ever given any sort of path to becoming involved.

I was certainly never upset about it and don't really care as T2 production isn't my main income source and am fine with the leadership doing whatever it thinks is best to win, but it definitely felt like a "people who know people get to be involved, we don't have the time/bandwidth to involve more than that" thing.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Soban is a loving idiot, referencing his reddit posts makes everyone who reads them stupider.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

It's Deck-Linn and not anything else you uneducated turds.

Definitely not empty quoting

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Baculus posted:

wormholes are still good and fun and awesome money. check out the genesis thread on the forums - those guys seem very cool

Can't add much to this. You can find the thread in the Player vs Everything section. Pretty chill, good isk, PvE and PvP together. Activity dropped a lot when M2 happened and people got busy in Delve, but things are starting to pick back up now.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

the imperium needs to modernize and switch to discord instead of jabber already, someone important make this happen

This.

There are always "reasons", like security or running our own server, or whatever. However, at the end of the day, jabber is a complete piece of loving garbage that most people despise but we'll keep on using it because it's easier to use what we have and what works rather than investing in setting up all the complex groups/etc again in discord. It then gets extra amusing because Imperium leadership tries to tell people not to roll their own discord in the squad/sig section which everyone promptly ignores because jabber is still loving garbage so each group rolls their own discord server with their own process of validation/security so there are a hundred special imperium discord servers with tons of spies and people who aren't even in Imperium anymore in those servers because there is no official validation or integration with goon auth. Of every group I've been a part of in Imperium, I think Theta is the only one who doesn't run their own discord server separate from all Imperium auth/etc.

When we started a Goon wormhole group, I initially tried to stay within the lines and use jabber but gave up after a month and am so glad we did. Using a client with modern features, roles, mobile app, etc is sooooooooooo much nicer than trying to use a service that hasn't really improved since people were wondering if Y2K bugs would end the internet.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

I've never had issues with the chat personally and I imagine there are much bigger servers than the imperium's would be. Dreaming of a day where there's multiple broadcast discord channels
1)Horn of goondor/supercap fight in progress type poo poo
2) Strat op
3) skirmish broadcasts
4) optional/meme broadcasts
5) and squad/sig specific broadcasts

all with their own notification settings and can mute/unmute each to your own desire

Yeah discord voice with thousands of people is a mess, ideally you'd still use mumble for fleet stuff.

Yeah, and people can edit pings instead of:

1) Muninns on John
2) I forgot to mention, comms channel is op 1
3) Actually no, it's Op 9
4) Need more scimitars
5) TILDAS, WE'RE RELEASING ALL THE TILDAS

The current jabber stuff is filled with so much garbage and spam that I rarely even look at it anymore (and turned sound off) and wait for people to mention interesting fleets in all the various imperium discords I'm in.

The counter-espionage stuff is also usually brought up along with tactics that were possibly relevant in 2009 but is pretty irrelevant in this day and age. Yes, you can send different messages to different people to try to identify spies or gently caress with people. Congrats, you found the 3 dumbest spies in imperium and the other 50 who have 2 braincells know to sanitize what they pass on. Definitely worth lovely communication channels and your own troops missing important communication because we have one channel for EVERYTHING.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Sickening posted:

I admit that I took my 200m in compressed belt ore and sold it in highsec because nobody would buy it in 1dq for jita prices. If someone wants to be mad about it, gently caress em. I get not being able to sell goo though, its not fair to take the goo and export it.

I think that's what almost everyone does. I heard from a variety of people that they looked into bringing ore into Delve, were quoted a bunch of ridiculously low prices, and went gently caress that and just sell it at market rate in empire.

Parrth goes to the source and buys it from goons in Serren for a good bit below market rate, but he's providing some value transporting it so it makes sense he makes some isk for his efforts.

As for moon goo, the reason not to export it to jita isn't that it's "not fair" or whatever (although I think exporting it is frowned on). The reason not to export it is there are a bunch of goons importing moon goo because we produce t2 ships and there isn't much moon mining going on in Delve right now so there should be plenty of local demand at or above jita prices.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

ded posted:

i have a bunch of plasmonics and photonics to sell!

:smith:

every order small or big i put up to sell got undercut with giant orders every single time

a bunch being relative of course. i only started to do reactions

If you want people to buy your reaction products, the best things to make are probably carbides and maybe sylramic fibers. Anyone who makes T2 can also handle most of the reacting themselves so we tend to only buy the slow reactions.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Dik Hz posted:

Shadoo was always pretty cool and did a lot to support the game in general. The biggest issue with PL, from my perspective, was that they went all-in on the elitist stuff while recruiting and wound up bloated with the insufferable types.

I can definitely confirm the insufferables types issue. I joined back in their heydey for a bit and while I loved the FCs, really liked flying with shadoo and elise and others, I hated the line members. They were all EXTREMELY impressed with their ability to press F1 when told and were constantly arrogant and derisive towards anyone else playing Eve in a way that just got really old fast. I only lasted like 6 months in PL before the fact I despised many of the people I was flying with became too much and I sold my titans and went back to my old wormhole group.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Agrikk posted:

I think the Goon hate originates from before that. We have fun clowning on others, and then we have fun clowning on ourselves. Even back in Syndicate when GoonFleet was all low SP players, the swarm had a few players who really understood this game and how we should be playing it to capitalize on the fact that that Goons are Goons because of SA, rather than forming an in-game alliance. I think it was during Syndicate that the whole "My fittings came off of rats, I don't think my guns are loaded, and I'm about to ruin your day" and the "clog their guns with our corpses" thing started. Since Goons could kill shiny battleships worth ten times the value of the dozen rifters lost we did so and then let everyone know about it.

Then, when we got camped into the S-U station, someone came up with the VCBee gimmick and "you geiv missl" and we continued to have fun despite the camp.

I think non-Goons hate it when Goons continue to have fun when we clearly should be miserable because non-Goons said so.

I think "they don't want us to have fun" or "they hate us because we were a crowd of clueless n00bs way back when" is a bit delusional. Goons have spent years acting likes dicks to a lot of people, pissing in their cheerios, then having Mittani hop on a pedestal and brag about it.

Scamming is an easy way to make isk, but a lot of people also think of it as pretty lovely and no one has embraced scamming like Goons
Miniluv has spent a decade making GBS threads in everyone's cheerios in highsec, engendering a LOT of dislike
Goons were heavily involved with the creation of CODE and it still has a lot of Goon participation
For a long time, Goons entire approach to PvP was throwing infinite bodies at it and zerging. I still remember fighting a giant Goon zerg with 15 dudes and ~89 kills for 1 death before withdrawing. They are way better now but back in the day Goons were AWFUL at PvP and rather than trying to get good they just threw ridiculous numbers at everything.
Then you had the whole Viceroy program which was a giant gently caress you to a lot of people, and was one (of many!) reasons people banded together to kick Goons in the teeth 4 years ago.
They also went around and used a huge numbers and supercap advantage to glass Tribute and create dislike very recently.
Oh, they also had a ton of rampant racism and anti-semitism in their culture until the "cultural revolution" cleared a lot of that out.
Sperging up local is still also something that Goons have consistently done

I'm flying with Goons now and I think they are very well organized, have a lot of great people, and do a lot to generate content for their members. Goons are great if you are IN goons. If you are on the outside, it's no surprise that most of the galaxy is happy to band together to kick em in the nads. And every once in a while if people forget why they dislike Goons, you have Mittani hopping up on his pedestal and RP'ing a giant arrogant dick to get that dislike recharged.

The irony about this is that while Goons have evolved for the better in recent years, primarily (imo) due to Asher's influence, TEST is still on following the Goons culture blueprint from 4 years ago. Everytime they seem incredibly lovely, sperg up local, only take fights with MASSIVE numbers advantage, etc. that's what Goons used to be and what many people still think of Goons today.

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 19, 2021

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Fqubed posted:

How many skill points or what skills are required for reactions? Basically I'm getting my account to do things when I'm away for part of the week and can't do more than login and station trade/PI, but also don't want to spend months training skills just for reactions.

It's a pretty easy train, as others mentioned just mass reactions V and advanced mass reactions IV. However, the big thing here is to not be dumb. Lot's of people come in, see OMG GIANT MARGINS IF I MAKE XYZ reaction, and then lose their shirts when no one wants to buy their product.

The issue with a lot of reactions is that reacting isn't hard and is trivial for anyone to do. All those T2 producers you see cranking out ships? Yeah, they are perfectly capable of pressing a button to react stuff themselves and they likely have the char slots to do it.

The ONE exception is carbides and sylramics, because those are slow. The profit per slot is lower but you'll likely actually realize that profit, at least during normal times.

The other risk right now is that sotiyos are falling all over delve and so a lot of people are shutting reactions down. With no guarantee that XYZ sotiyo is even going to get defended, a lot of people are playing it safe and just pausing production for a bit. So all those people who would normally be eager to buy your carbides and sylramics might be taking a break for the time being.

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 28, 2021

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Searious posted:

Hi, I'm a green newbie bad poster. I have recently joined and am playing on a low end PC, will be upgrading once hardware prices are more trustworthy.
My question is - would it be possible to play EVE on a 2013 Macbook pro? I am especially bad with anything technical to do with Apple products and have so far been unable to get the EVE client working.

Sorry if this has been covered in any detail before but other than seeing some mention of Mac users have not seen anything on what the oldest realistic MacBook that would support EVE would be (or how to configure it).

FWIW, I installed Eve on my Macbook Pro 2014 and thought it was unplayable. it was suuuuuper laggy, slow, etc. I don't know what they are like now, but the Macbook Pros back then didn't really have a video card worth a poo poo.

Not sure that's terribly helpful but just a data point.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

SugarAddict posted:

Does this marauder buff mean anything? +50% DPS while bastioned does quite alot. Almost makes me want to buy a marauder and go back to running level 4s, but as it stands there are many groups who's whole purpose is to gank mission runners in highsec, so that leaves low/null as safer than highsec for mission running at times.

It's +100% dps. The rate of fire was doubled with the recent pass.

Never done level 4s so have no opinion there, but marauders are now awesome in w-space and they are starting to see lots of use there. Also great (from what I understand) for level 5s.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

PathAsc posted:

Hole squad (on that real poo poo)

Between 10 and 30 in hole squad comms, come join the fun :)

We aren't calling ourselves hole squad because that name left a bad impression on a lot of goons and we have some differences in how we approach things, but the fun % seems to be pretty high.

Just look for the genesis WH thread in player vs everything or drop by the hole squad channel.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

I'm interested in diversifying my fun since Delta left Querious. What does hole squad do, find holes to drop on pub krabs or w-space stuff?

Live in w-space, rotate between pve and pvp. Kind of an interesting dynamic as people bounce back and forth between genesis and null depending on their mood, what's going on, etc.

PathAsc posted:

Oh poo poo that sounds good.

Do nightmares still see any flight time? I miss the gently caress out of using those

Some people have pvp nightmares. We haven't flown them a lot yet and they aren't one of our official doctrines, but we occasionally remind Vex about his pimp fit nightmare that got ganked by goons because he forgot he was on his neutral alt when we filamented into E3 (back in the E3 hellcamp days) on one of our roams.

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 17, 2021

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

I'll miss being able to use BJ ceptors. I don't think a lot of people outside goons really "got" just how good they were until recently so it was a big advantage for us.

That said, they are dumb, they deserved to be nerfed, and the nerf (removing nullification) is a good one. It's a lot better than nerfing BJs directly since it was really only broken on nullified ceptors.

Killing the red dot, adding clone bay swap, other good changes all seem nice. Now, if only they could end this famine BS...

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Coming back from AFK recently and don't see myself returning to Imperium anytime soon, so interested in selling or trading the following in Delve NPC:

2x Rev
1x Rorqual
1x Charon

Priced towards the bottom of public contracts. Also interested in trading ships in Delve for equivalent ships in empire, especially if it's closer to Pure Blind. Rev -> Nag near Pure Blind trade also interesting.

LMK if interested!

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Xolve posted:

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find people willing to just yolo into ships, income generation in EVE is only palatable if you have enough to shrug off an incurred loss.

That and some of those who don't care about isk anymore do care about killboards. Something that you aren't favored but might be winnable? Sure. Hopeless? Nah.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

let's be real, did ecm really need the nerf?

why did they nerf it, it was so loving fun

ccp nerfing everything that isn't formulaic boring gameplay

ECM nerf was a nice loving change. ECM is still great, there's a reason people love having Kitsune's and Horde is trying to fly with 10 scorps in pochven. However, there's actually now some counterplay and intelligence to it instead of durrrr jams.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

local delay is the worst of all worlds. local blackout is fine if the rewards are increased and we get some other method for people who are alert to combat being ganked. I say this as someone who enjoys hunting and wants to do more of it, but also is space poor and needs to do some pve to earn isk occasionally

edit: i think the most important issue to be solved would be botting- it's not an easy one to solve but bots being free killboard padding would be a huge boon, getting to hunt them and know you're cleaning up the game at the same time would be good fun

Yeah, not boosting rewards when they added blackout was dumb.

Imo best solution is blacking out parts of nullsec. Then make those parts also have noticeably better rewards. Now life is interesting.

Just implementing blackout with no reward boost just threw the risk/reward calc completely out the window with completely predictable results.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

I left goons for unrelated reasons, but what's up with the no Pochven thing? I swear that's the most fun space in Eve right now, and the tax money that is gushing into Horde and Frat coffers from Pochven krabbing makes null ratting look obsolete. Is only place in Eve I've run around in a barghest (or paladin) fleet while making several bil in an evening while getting multiple fights simultaneously.

In a complete non shocker, Frat is using the war distraction to try to add more territories to their rental/botting empire as they've started dropping cits and getting a lot more serious about attacking Fade.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I can't speak for anyone in leadership ITYOOL 2022, but BACK IN MY DAY :bahgawd: in Finance we tended to inherently dislike any activity that yielded raw ISK in general. The thing most people who play this game don't get is that raw ISK doesn't win traditional wars, materiel does.

evilweasel posted:

it's also that far-flung empire building drains bodies from being at home for home defense, and creates new things we have to either defend or get pushed out of. spending a lot of isk, effort and time (which are limited resources in an organization that is, uh, volunteers playing a bad game) on something other than reigning supreme in 0.0 space is a problem

it's not like we're against an isk faucet, but once it gets to the point of needing significant alliance support the question is "how does this help"

it does not help that pve groups trend towards drama and exhausting the patience of whoever has to deal with them

I would have thought: help our members have fun in this game would have been priority #1. People who are having fun are active and subbed and ready to do poo poo when war is called. It seems like Mittens spends a lot of time bitching about DBM hurting interest in ratting (which is a boring as gently caress, poo poo activity) instead of organizing poo poo so people can go make ridiculous isk in the most fun space in the game. And it's isk so it actually gets taxed unlike a lot of the alternative things people do since null is poo poo income these days. Wormholes? Gas mining? Abyssals? Nada for alliance.

As for isk vs stuff, don't they have a big loan they still need to pay off? Would have thought a potential ~500B a month in taxes if somewhat organized would be a good thing.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Dalmuti posted:

its real easy to make a lot of money parasitically slurping off the 1dq market

That's not actually generating new isk though, that's just cannibalizing your own, moving isk from the dumb and lazy to the less dumb/lazy.

Imperium has decent production, 2nd only to Frat, but that's still typically just a few hardcore producers and not terribly relevant for the plebs.

I guess it doesn't really matter, just seems weird to intentionally discourage members from something that is fun as gently caress and also generates a ton of taxes. It's funny how rarely people disagree with (imo) obviously dumb decisions and instead just assume Mittens is always right.

At least Init is a lot more "do whatever the gently caress you want, as long as you show up to fleets that matter" so I guess those that care can hop over (like I did when I was Imperium).

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Raged posted:

This. Just don't expect SRP or the alliance to come rescue you in an area that's halfway across the galaxy.

I already fly in Pochven whenever I want to make a couple bil or want some really cool fights. I'm just questioning Imperium edicts since it seems like there's a lot of koolaid drinking whenever Mittens pronounces something.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's usually a good idea to bring receipts for these sorts of things:

Delve is outproducing Vale by 2T a month and most other nullsec regions by 1-3 orders of magnitude, despite Delve mining less than Vale and being about as far from Jita as one can be. 11T is not "a few hardcore producers."

Also, unrelated but a big lol to Impass and Omist for their big fat goose egg. Impass in particular -- it's a beautiful region for PvE.

Frat is Vale + Tribute. 14T vs 11T.

Good idea to have an idea of super basic geography before throwing shade about receipts. I guess you could add Querious and but that's 1) heavily Sib Squad and 2) a pretty tiny amount that doesn't change things noticeably.

The funny thing is production is not a big deal for Frat, most of their isk comes from other sources. They might be approaching an order of magnitude jump over Goons at this point.

Frat is:

#1 in Production
#1 in Mining (by a lot)
#1 in Ratting (by 2-3x over goons)
#1 in wormhole isk income vs Goons/Horde (who are close to 0, altho Init does some). A lot of c5/c6 krabbing is Frat these days.
#2 in Pochven isk (behind Horde, goons are irrelevant here)
#1 in Lvl 5 mission income over the other blocs (by a lot)

Now goons are off to go beat up on fire who are basically irrelevant while Frat looks to add 2-3 regions

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 30, 2022

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Solus posted:

"Good idea to have an idea of super basic geography" says the screeching idiot who doesn't understand that Querious and Delve are basically conjoined twins due to how fake querious works

You could try not being a mouth breathing retard.

Top 3 index systems in Querious:

1) V-LEKM (Sib Squad)
2) 49-U (Catch border)
3) 3-FKCZ (Sib Squad)

There doesn't appear to be any serious buildup yet in fake Querious. Hence the reason 1) I didn't mention it and 2) there is poo poo for production in querious currently.

Yes, 2 years ago there was noticeable production in fake querious but then you guys had everything get burned down.

Maybe you should ask one of your fellow goons to make a very simple picture with colors so you actually understand WTF fake querious is?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

the original thing you raised was "Imperium has decent production, 2nd only to Frat," you're backtracking here from that comparison (for obvious reasons). I would maintain that Delve+Fountain is a fair comparison to Vale+Tribute. I checked and literally every month YTD besides May, Delve+Fountain > Vale+Tribute in production. Mining and ratting are down in timeframes that correspond to the GEF deployment and mining in Vale+Tribute was only greater than Delve+Fountain in the month of May. You're making an error of comparing one month instead of a YTD comparison. Goons in eve though are definitely doomed because of Pochven or whatever.

Yeah, if you are comparing Init + Goons to Frat, then Fountain should be included. I was comparing Goons to Frat, but feel free to adjust as needed.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

being fair to the FRAT fanboy, we were discussing industry as the basis of income for most line members.

I don't know that I'm a Frat fanboy, they are the people I shoot the most. Just creating some comparisons because it feels Mittens and by extension his alliance is stuck in 2019 style of thinking and eventually that will hurt. Goons got on top in part because they outkrabbed the rest of the universe by a significant amount in the Rorqual years and now a different group is taking that page from their playbook while Mittens hurfs about DBM rather than being flexible and taking on the state of the game as it is.

And this war just feels dumb. A fiery "we march to war for the first time since XYZ date!" speech to go invade.... Fire? Umm, okay. Shooting Horde's fort in Skarkon or Frat's fort in Nalvula is a hell of a lot more relevant to their interests than all the regions Fire inhabits.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Wibla posted:

Roll over and die, obviously.

Or I guess embrace Pochven :v:

I am happy to see that my modest production setup is less than 10% of the total in Delve :sun:

Hard to believe you are sub 10%. Are you accounting for the fact I *think* MER counts each step again? So 50B reacted into 55B reacted into 65B of production counts as 170B not 65B? I *think* I'm around 600B in monthly production and I feel like a small potato compared to what I remember you talking about on gs_isk or whatever it was :)

As for what to do, seems like there are lots of lucrative and/or interesting possibilities. Gobbins went loving mental when goons + stribog reffed his astra during WWBII, if his fort in Skarkon was seriously threatened he'd care a lot more than fire slowly retreating from some regions for a while. And Horde has been staging out of that for for ages, the drops would probably be insane.

Could try to assault the C6 donut that lazerknocks have put together and take over some C6 constellations w/ organized taxes/etc for isk generation and actually tap that income source instead of just complaining about it.

Deploy to next to Frat and gently caress with them, they actually give good fights frequently.

Anyway, maybe I'm totally off base and goons are super excited to go retake the same worthless regions from an alliance that poses no threat to them while Horde shows up to the fights they want to and otherwise just surrender territory they don't care about. Maybe thousands are logging on with excitement at the thought of a mostly pointless war over some of the least desired regions in Eve. That wouldn't be me, but I'm also not in the Imperium anymore so whatevs.

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 30, 2022

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

philihp posted:

Oh oh oh, I know! Add Fountain to the imperium side and let's do the math again!

You aren't even the first person to misread "Goons" as "Imperium" and assume I forgot Fountain in this thread. Feel free to read up a couple posts?

Init has different leadership, different approach, etc and unlike the other english speaking alliances they still remain their own entity that likes to operate independent from goons when they can. I don't have any complaints about Init leadership, I think Dark Shines does a really good loving job. That includes him being open about the fact that he wishes they could be independent and didn't have to ally with Goons, but if you need to be part of a bloc the Goons are the lesser evil (and don't stab them in the back like NCDot did).

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

There was an event where the Triangle Men (who hate particle men) could take entire systems off the map, such as Niarja. (It's gone now.) They stuck them inside a pseudo-region of their own, whose gate structure is shaped (you guessed it) like a triangle. You can get in with those filament thingies, and through naturally spawning wormholes. (The drone regions get more of them than the rest of k-space.) There's some PVE nonsense inside, which, as we all know, is a huge entitlement generator.

This is a good summary. The PvE/PvP blend is interesting for a few reasons:

1) Isk is paid out directly to each person as isk, no LP/blue loot/etc. So fully taxable.
2) The rewards scale up as the gang size increases up to a size of 15, after which it drops quickly towards zero. This makes 15 the default gang size. You can obviously run more than 1 gang of 15, and have alts that come along to help but then drop fleet when it's payout time but 15 is the size fights generally revolve around (barring escalation).
3) There are only ever 3 sites up at a time, they respawn instantly, they are very easy to run. This makes them a scarce and highly desireable resource which breeds a lot of fights.
4) Since the sites themselves are trivial from a difficulty standpoint (you need some logi to rep the dread dps), you can run them in pvp fits.
5) Since the soft cap of 15 limits numbers to some degree, it helps push back against the N+1 mentality somewhat. So rather than adding more muninns, you are frequently better off upshipping your 15 into stronger ships that punch harder.
6) In a weird scenario where you aren't getting into fights and just chaining sites, you can make something like 1B/hour/char. This never actually happens because stuff is so contested but still getting 500-750M/char/hour is still pretty good (imo).

What gangs people actually fly are hugely varied. There's a fleet of all marauders that runs pretty often, primarily near Archee. Horde runs a few different doctrines (vedmaks, dreks, paladins, ishtars). Frat varies but lately defaulting to ishtars so more people can multibox for more isk. The more "elite pvp" crowd bounces between barghest fleets, heavy armor (paladin/vindi), nighthawks and a few other comps.

Since there are basically always more fleets up than there are sites (and anyone who lives in poch has a ton of isk to replace losses), conflict happens very frequently. Sometimes that's a weaker fleet getting pushed off, but also frequently turns into a legit smackdown pvp fight where cool poo poo dies on one or both sides. Sometimes fleets will combine and you'll see a 40 vs 40 fight with a poo poo ton of isk on field.

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

learnincurve posted:

My money is on "used to krab with goons and lost his isk fountain when they unblued"

yeah, anyone who criticizes goons in some fashion must only have their opinion because they are butthurt about some selfish thing.

Net worth has gone from 915B to 1.3T from a combination of wormholes/poch (most of it) and some production in the past 2 months. Don't have to be personally impacted by a Mittens pronouncement to think it's kinda dumb. And yes, I realize that net worth is loving peanuts compared to some on here :)

Vilgan fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 1, 2022