Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

hi new thread posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Count yourself lucky. If you "get" FYAD, you likely have a predisposition to mental illness, basically prodromal schizophrenia. You'd need to take antipsychotics.

I'm really obsessed with irony

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

AvidSensei posted:

I also want to post bad.

Excellent first post.

But to post bad one must :justpost: first

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

*starts running through a mental list of posters from threads past*

It is a good time to get in, shits heating up and fights in all time zones are waiting to be had. We hot dropped a Rorq and some dreads in Dek last night; 14 billion in kill mails for about half an hour's work.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Just a hint: leave a clone in your school station so you can jump back and inject whenever you need without needing to fly there.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Boatswain posted:

How do I do that? Do I need any particular skill?

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Jump_clones

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

CainFortea posted:

This one says you need Teamspeak. They're pretty old. Definately pre-cultural revolution.

It says Teamspeak is required for romance.

:goonsay:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i got like 100b from lenny for killing like 400b of jfs during wwb so that was nice

ya na, it made it impossible to effectively police.

Hey globby can I have, like, 10 billion or so?

without counting the wealth invested in my toonies i lost like 300b last time ccp banned me

i'm up to about 100b now but i don't really hoard it i just quietly rmt/give it away it to someone whenever i get above a certain amount

ok cool

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

those ads are really doing work :corsair:

old ads pullin old goons

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

staberind posted:

when my next pc purrs into lyfe, all moisty coolieo and that, Mebbe I shall join and respec a bit for rorqual.

you can get dessies for your toonie

quote:

or i should just slam a car door shut onto my dick a few times a day.
probably

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Boatswain posted:

I just got into my first fight, I tried to save a polish ratter who weren't in the fleet but my Tormentor got destroyed within two seconds then everyone yelled on the polish guy because he wasn't in fleet :downs:

Goonfleet2018.txt

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

There's an ESI version:
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/evemon-4-0-7-beta-esi-edition/75953

It's a pain in the dick to set up though, due to :ccp: .

DUMB TECHNICAL EXPLANATION SKIP THIS
Not only do you have to register each character in a third party application individually, but the developer of the application has to make a Sophie's Choice -- either ship the application with a developer key/secret embedded, which allows shitlords to extract the credentials and execute a denial of service attack, or require the user to generate their own developer credentials, which is extra bullshit on top of bullshit. The evemon fork goes with the latter.

Plus, if you change your password, all the characters on that account have their ESI credentials revoked automagically. :negative:

Yeah because of this I'm almost at the point of resetting all of my mapped skills to default and not worry about optimal training time anymore

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Then?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Maneck posted:

Groon died, sadly.

Groon is a strong Bloodbowl guild now

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

shahadien posted:

oof. that sucks. c'est la vie.

100 posts since 2014.

A shameful goon

:justpost:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Dalael posted:

Gather around kids, and let me tell you the story of Bagged Milk.

Once upon a time, Canada switched to the metric system. At about the same time, we also switched to milk in bags because somehow the two things are related. The end.

No bagged milk in Alberta.

Check mate :smugdon:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

(We have repurposed our bagged milk pitchers to aquarium cleaning tools)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

vulvamancer posted:

Is bagged milk this year's boiled ribs?

I'd boil my ribs in milk but I'm pretty sure god said not to do that

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Rutibex posted:

So bagged then

lol

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

can we not have multiple pages of people failing to be funny with random food atrocities :nallears:

ITT Querns learns about frito pie

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Klyith posted:

"I don't care for large fleets that get owned big fights that we lose empires building/killing/saving crumbling"

it's ok I'm sure they'll be back for Goon War IV in 2022 or whenever the next GSF meltdown and collapse gets scheduled

I call CEO of the next True Goon splinter group

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Would this be one of those "fail cascades" I heard so much about two years ago?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Beccara posted:

So I'm not going to be getting my Nyx anytime soon, I play AU/NZ timezone and am looking to move out to the front. With these skills

https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/ToshikoSato

What would be something I can jump into quickly that would be useful on the front lines? I changed my eve password and gf.com is freaking out so i'm asking here till I can see the forums again

you change your PW then you have to change your ESI apparently, and risk getting kicked from GF.com so just fyi

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

vulvamancer posted:

Boneytooth. This is a message from your ex-ceo. I have never felt better about removing someone from corp. And if your post has done nothing else. It has proven why you where such a sh!$ corp member and why you never made it much further in Miniluv/or Code than a small ganking fc. You spend to much time trying to do your own thing and ignore all reason, rules, or logic from those above you. And then your failing to comply bites you in the a&$ you cry like a little girl in hopes that if you cry loud enough tranquility will care.

You have been weighed. You have been measured. And you have been found wanting.

Good luck in your endeavors. Hopefully goons can provide you with some tissues.
o7 Die

:same:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I'm the slow to realize he's signing his post

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Philonius posted:

You also have to ask yourself whether it's worth it at all, even if you can. I can carrier rat for ~150m an hour. At that rate, it would take me 9 hours to get the isk needed to stay subbed. I don't particularly enjoy ratting, so that feels like work to me. I'd rather just shell out the 15 bucks to pay for my account. I can earn 15 bucks in real life a hell of a lot faster than I can earn 1.4b isk ingame.

If you can make money passively by playing the market, or doing industry, or scamming pubbies, by all means use plex.

So much this. Since I have been back the only thing I have done to make isk is sell items that had accumulated and lost a jackdaw to get up my isk in game (get paid in GW to PvP). Well, I guess my PI alt would count but its still in Syndicate so its not practical for passive money. This is a PvP game for me so ratting is something done between fleets. Every so often I might plex an account with surplus or, more frequently, get a skill injector. The only time I would regularly plex one of my two accounts is when I had a space job that paid a plex a month.

However, if you have trained your salvaging skills hit me up on GF.com (William Ruben)--you can salvage sites after I run them. I'll even MTU the wrecks together in one spot for you.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

TheQuietWilds posted:

Ok I just resubbed and I realized I have no idea what the hell I was doing. I had an alt that had all my ratting skills, I could fly an Ishtar and Rattlesnake on my second account, but my first account is a mess. I知 only interested in one account though so I guess ratting will start from scratch if I even bother. Currently my two characters, QuietWilds and SilentWilds look like this

QW: mostly trained up leadership skills, have most to 5, prob a week or two away from injecting command ships, but that痴 a waste of time I think. Just gonna back-burner this dude.

SW: All frigates to 5, Minmatar/Caldari Destroyer 4+, Caldari Cruiser 4+, CovOps 5, Interceptors 3, All scanning skills 4 except Astrometrics 5, T2 Torpedos with a bit of missile support skills. Currently have Long Range Targetting and Signature Analysis 5 queued but no idea why.

Tell me what to train, goons. I知 prob gonna play SW for the time being and train him into eWar stuff I guess? He has a bit more random poo poo trained so I guess I値l start out on him. It値l be a week or so before I can actually play so I値l worry about setting up goonfleet stuff and rejoining then. What should I train until then? I'm not really going to play a lot or do a ton of ratting, and goon wormhole is dead now so I dont really need my Rattlesnake guy. I'll prob just do a fleet or two on the weekends, so I think making a few FYF skillsets seems like a good idea, right?

We do a fair bit of bomber dropping on ratting bads so you seem set for that already

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Sentinel posted:

I just resubed. If Glorious Goonfleet will have me, just point me at the thing to shoot.
I forgot i became cap capable right before i unsubbed last.

Aaah the Game Of Games.

and in a week...

Sentinel posted:

I just remembered why I unsubed. Glorious Goonfleet is sapping my will to live from structure shoots and endless ratting.
I forgot i became cap capable right before i unsubbed last and immediately lost my first to a Blood Dread.

Aaah kill me now.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Crazycryodude posted:

Is there like a news service I can read to get regular updates on whether or not we're winning the war/what the gently caress else is going on in the galaxy? So far all I have to judge how the war's going is the occasional fleet where we go smash up a starbase unopposed and a very occasional fight which I guess means we're winning, but that's just one rookie's personal experience so for all I can prove we're getting our asses kicked on the strategic level and it bugs me that I don't know.

Are you logged onto goonfleet.com? Because there is a thread in The War Room that does literally that, with a constantly updating OP with the results of the day's activities summarized.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Who knows? Maybe Pearl Abyss will share BDO's waifu tech with CCP so we can finally have harems of anime catboys and catgirls in our one-room space lofts.

All I want is a Hello Kitty plastered on the side of my (future) Levi

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

can confirm everything in this ad is 420% true

Hail Querns!

Can I please have corp wallet roles TIA

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

voodoospork posted:

If being active to get in is against the rules, I'm probably already hosed anyway because I've never been a really active poster. I don't see the point in pretending anyone is an idiot. If we could go out by our pirate lonesome and be successful, I would not be looking to gang up. I'm willing to be more active so as not to be the only chumps not ganging up. I feel like a goon because I have benefited time and again from goon knowledge. That's all I'm trying to do now. If that's in the form of information in the thread that I can use to do better in a video game, great. If it means I get to join in on antics that live in PVP infamy, that would be pretty stellar too.

I'll just apply to Goonwaffe and hope for the best.

well poo poo you got probed by Brown Moses, that's forums cred

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Dalael posted:

Pretty much what happened to me too. I took a few months hiatus and came back to a dying alliance. I wanted to remain with the CFC, had been lurking here for a while so I made the jump.

The real difference is, you were smarter than me and didn't do your first post in that Missartaq thread

Have you ever posted your introduction thread in FYAD?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Dalael posted:

No luck in getting off the blacklist yet?

Someone, maybe Arkady? observed back when you were j4gging hard that today's j4g makes tomorrows bittervet calling out j4gs.

Prophetic.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

lol I remember that thread

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

well, hostiles are trying

deklein being 30b in mining better than fuckin venal is just the best

our loving overflow region of querious outmines their best region

This is pretty amazing really.

The cold war was won by crashing an economy by trying to build more nukes and welp

(If you fuckign "well actually" me for that I swear)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I mean, I am considering the eventuality of getting a super in terms of months, and I suck at getting isk. (Globby you were my only hope :smith: )

That trit stat is amazing. 5 titans. How many did we kill again?

Goddamn.

ps :rip: EVE I guess

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Blazing Zero posted:

kim have you considered running your own space guild? i dont think theyre letting you back into the treehouse :ohdear:

Team up with Vic Jefferson to mow down krabs not on deployment

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

You talking about Sion or Kim or?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

lol