Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Libluini posted:

Imagine you're trying to be funny. Now imagine you are trying too hard to be funny. Now imagine you're shooting LSD directly into your eyes while trying too hard to be funny. This is FYAD.

Years ago I somehow managed to be named IK of FYAD after making maybe two posts in there, one of which was in the raffle to be named IK. Some dude kept reposting the same "I like burritos" thread every time I deleted it for like three days straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

How do i figure out what my old eve dudes are worth in cash so I can sell them?

total up the market value of any assets on them + the market value of the injectors you can create by draining them of skill points (you can't extract below 5 million SP, each extractor sucks out 500,000 SP)

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Ynglaur posted:

Bagged milk or jugged milk?

man milk

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

quote:

You have been weighed. You have been measured. And you have been found wanting.

who the gently caress writes like that and means it

of course

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
The reddit OP and the reply Asher quoted both reek of waifu pillows and hanzo steel. For the life of me I don't know how you guys can tolerate that poo poo

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

it has too many syllables, eve players are extremely busy and cannot be bothered to expend double the conversational effort

why waste time say lot word when few word do trick

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Rutibex posted:

Today is a wonderful day, because it is New Ship Day! :D I can now fly Dreadnoughts! I do not have any heavy capital guns skills (that will be another month :() so for now I have gone with Large battleship guns. At 98 DPS is a force to be reckoned with! I mostly just fit it with tank. I think I'm just going to use it for hauling cargo right now

these posts, man. every loving time

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Rutibex posted:

Do it. Secret Santa is for closers

Always Be Posting

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

orange juche posted:

Who the gently caress is rutger hauer

the star of Hobo with a Shotgun and other fine films

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

:airquote: content creators :airquote:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

can you guys go measure each other in a different thread please

Rutibex has made some quasi-successful "durr I'm a newb check out this shitfit" troll posts as well as an actual goodpost on market trading for profit

Dalael is one of the reasons that "d-name" level awful posts are a thing in the EVE thread AND has a hentai avatar

I know which tard I'm betting on in this fight

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
is booshing excavators and stealing them still a thing?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Loky11 posted:

these people like vote and pay bills and stuff and then log onto a video game and give their poo poo away because of brain damage or smth

It's the old George Carlin joke: "Think about this; think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." If people fall for Nigerian prince emails or Jamaican lottery scam calls, why wouldn't they fall for a nice boy like Globby

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

are you phone posting or is that some hosed up acronym no one else in the world uses

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

orange juche posted:

I'm twice as good a poster as querns if you go by sheer numbers

numbers or quality aside I've always lowkey appreciated your username/av combo

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I've been winning EVE for a couple of years, and even though I'm pretty sure the answer is :downs: I still have to ask: who in the hell puts 23b worth of rigs on a T3 destroyer and then puts another 9.5b worth of faction ammo in cargo? Are those kb prices even close to correct?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Rutibex posted:

Its millions not billions.

the :downs: is me, friends

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

so the war is over?

did anything happen?

if the drifters kill local you'll be the first to know

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I haven't played w/ goons since like 2007 (and only played for like five months at all between now and then) but I have vague memories of DBRB joining and making GBS threads up comms for fleets he wasn't even in and suas yelling at him to shut the gently caress up. This was back when the little bees video was still new and cool. My memory is not very good, so if I can recall someone being a spastic shithead for over a decade, chances are they're drat near intolerable. Alternately, he's been so consistently hated in the various SA EVE threads I've just internalized it and my brain is making poo poo up.

Sesfan #1

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Holyshoot posted:

True. Nothings stopping them from totally wasting them to where they can only fly a rifter but with 2m skill points that don't really help it.

EVE's new player experience has always been hilariously bad, remember this poo poo?

I tried getting back into the game last year-ish after 10+ years off and even though I vaguely remembered how to get around the interface and actually do poo poo in the game, I still spent more time looking things up on EVE University and fumbling around than actually doing anything, much less having "fun". The training missions were way better than when I originally played but still basically amounted to "here's a Venture, go shoot rocks" for an hour, after which you've got a couple of small ships and no idea what the hell to do from there. If you join a corp or alliance with a good program for new players you'll have access to a community of some sort and maybe start getting some social interaction that might draw you to log back in, but even then you're likely to spend a couple of weeks flying a destroyer around scavenging behind someone ratting in a super to make ISK. The days of Rifter tackling actually being useful are long loving gone.

Only someone from a land of eternal winter and depression could make a game like EVE and be like "yeah, THIS will suck in people with the attention span of a gnat". I'm amazed they still have new players downloading the client at all.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Did the SP giveways/triglav invasions/etc. overlap the blackout, and for how long? Kimsemus has a point, if there are multiple concurrent factors/incentives leading to increased logins and player activity that's cool and all, but looking at those increased AU metrics and attributing them solely to the blackout is wishful thinking at best, and that kind of math is right up CCP's alley

I do agree with Falcon on one point, asset safety was always stupid. If your space house with all your poo poo in it gets blown up, the poo poo in it should blow up too (or drop as loot)

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Dalael posted:

He's right and you all know it

I ignored paco and unignored him the next day, for exactly the reasons stated by micromancer, plus people just quoted him in their replies constantly anyway

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

But how am I supposed to make Isk? (Don't say mining...)

burners

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

ZombieLenin posted:

I mean, back in the day the Falcon was broken as gently caress. It could keep multiple ships permanently unable to lock any targets or fight back at all.

just last year it managed to gently caress up a hole squad of people

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

dragonshardz posted:

God, I miss the glory days of Hole Squad. That C2/NS static life was great.

Y'all had some entertaining videos too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Q_nZNZkp4

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I was IK for a week. Woo.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Russians in mirror are closer than they appear

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

no because our savior exists

are you saying Tom Cruise isn't real?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

grymwulf posted:

Late response, but GSOL doesn't maintain a list like that. It is too much effort

Too much effort? For people who do logistics poo poo on the regular? (And I don't mean space priests). Either it really would be a huge pain in the rear end and GSOL doesn't have as many autists as I would've expected, or said double-secret probation list does exist and fight club rules apply

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

:yikes:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

neat :yikes:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

RYYSZLA posted:

I could make 10,000 shitposts a day for sure but whether or not anyone'd then put up with me afterwards would make it kinda moot no?

Oh, my bad, I misunderstood.

Telling people not to post like shitlers will never not be relevant surely, case in point, moi.

The poster after you has <1k posts and a 2003 regdate, you're fine

:justpost:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

CainFortea posted:

Got to love randos coming in and bein all "hey, just ignore your decade+ institutional knowledge of managing thousands of nerds at once. I, random shitposter, know way more"

actual CTOs and the occasional CIO make entire careers off of this poo poo (e.g. "you're laden with technical debt, THIS is the new hotness, oh wait the migration didn't go well that's too bad I guess" *parachutes off to another gig with a pay raise and stock options*).

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

dialhforhero posted:

Sup just thought I'd try to boil ribs can you guys give me tips?

you make them just like milk steak

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

orange juche posted:

Toilet Eve Thread continues to be an amazing read. They just got the corp wallet yanked by a chud after they called him out as a piece of poo poo.

I'm too lazy to read the whole thing but at first glance I'm missing the chud part and seeing folks trying to enable and enforce some sort of weird quasi-"juche thought" (no pun intended) political guild ideology poo poo in a space game for your phone. It has been entertaining so far, though.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

OptimusWang posted:

Just logged in for the first time in ~10 years, and I’m station-spinning in a Moros that apparently can’t use drones anymore. Do we still need a buddy dropping beacons to get around or has that all changed?

I haven't logged in for years either, but I think you need recons or something to cyno you around now, no more cyno alts in disposable frigates

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Started account recovery to try and get my actual old goonwaffe characters back, had to send an email to support so let's see how well that goes. I vaguely remember trying this 4 or 5 years ago and the ticket ending up in a black hole.

Maneck, if our actual goonfleet.com account was purged (last time I logged in was 10+ years ago), do you want us to follow the newbie instructions or the unique butterfly stuff?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Wibla posted:

Is it a Ninazu now? :v:

What are the "good" faxes?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Stereotype posted:

how do you even get lost on a fleet? Also how do you get lost on a fleet and then assume that everyone else on that fleet should like wait for you or help you find them, especially if you're flying some t1 garbage pile that is worth less than a single module on every other ship.

lack of attention span + entitlement issues (this also conveniently explains American politics)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Numismancer posted:

i did not really understand the bottom of the barrel modern gamer culture until i was introduced to the concept of 'tendies' and 'm'goodboys' and that does seem to fit the bads quite well, the only thing more shameful than a cheeto-stained goon

4chan spawned those fucks, and SA spawned 4chan, so it's all Lowtax's fault?