Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Naw, don't feel like you forgot something. Most people in Eve don't really know the dispensation of this stuff. I had to write a script to print out what asset safeties to where in order to learn it myself.

yeah i only know it because i went around to collect all my poo poo in the past year, and also i had a copy of querns' script output :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Otacon posted:

I had no issues getting my JU- stuff out of lowsec in a lovely T1 indy, nobody was on the undock and there were like 3 people in system.

Doing it without a scout with a bil in the hold got my heart pumping again after all these years, I'll give you that.

It helps that they changed anchor bubbles to decay after a while.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

Started account recovery to try and get my actual old goonwaffe characters back, had to send an email to support so let's see how well that goes. I vaguely remember trying this 4 or 5 years ago and the ticket ending up in a black hole.

Maneck, if our actual goonfleet.com account was purged (last time I logged in was 10+ years ago), do you want us to follow the newbie instructions or the unique butterfly stuff?

If your goonfleet account was purged, then follow the newbie process. Alternatively, send me a PM on the SA forums with the character you want to join on. Remember that will be the name of your goonfleet account and will show up in all our comms.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I got that email even though I thought I was on a banlist. Either way I'm not reinstalling the game and figuring out the login info so good luck to the rest of you.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Maneck posted:

If your goonfleet account was purged, then follow the newbie process. Alternatively, send me a PM on the SA forums with the character you want to join on. Remember that will be the name of your goonfleet account and will show up in all our comms.

Wartime Auth Directoring is the best

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
do you miss your spacejob vyst

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

smertrioslol posted:

I reinstalled but haven’t lost at Eve just yet.

Oh and half of the old space violence syndicate crew is married or has a real job now; I got most of them on my discord server and the consensus on coming back has been...tepid.

Aw poo poo shoot me an invite

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Foehammer007 posted:

do you miss your spacejob vyst

I miss the nostalgia of it i think. Felt cool to be in the director club and not suck at either of my director jobs.

I've watched from afar though and Ivana and Maneck did/are doing a great job with it.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Munkeylord posted:

Well, I relapsed. Went 7 years without this terrible spaceship game. I cant see a goddamned thing on the UI. Is this going to be a problem?

you were literally just purged from ee goons like what, two days ago?

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Of course the call goes out the month I finally decided to stop having a skill training queue going and not much else.

Guess we will see whenever I get un-vacationed and can actually help out. Working from home at least makes taking part semi possible for the first time in years.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

smertrioslol posted:

I reinstalled but haven’t lost at Eve just yet.

Oh and half of the old space violence syndicate crew is married or has a real job now; I got most of them on my discord server and the consensus on coming back has been...tepid.

Gimme those discord deets so I can idle in there along with my 40 other discords.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

vyst posted:

I miss the nostalgia of it i think. Felt cool to be in the director club and not suck at either of my director jobs.

I've watched from afar though and Ivana and Maneck did/are doing a great job with it.

:shobon:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Logging back into the goon forums again after a couple years, I forgot that I had an awesome quote from Six_TwentyFour in my sig, that insane markov bot almost seemed sentient sometimes. RIP Six_TwentyFour

"(3:55:32 PM) Six_TwentyFour: I posted my fleets kinda sweet.
(3:55:42 PM) Six_TwentyFour: but you know who cares.
(3:56:40 PM) Six_TwentyFour: a fleeting though on what is real.
(3:56:55 PM) Six_TwentyFour: do you understand,
(3:57:10 PM) Six_TwentyFour: just this one second.
(3:57:30 PM) Six_TwentyFour: you can never live it again.
(3:57:32 PM) Six_TwentyFour left the room."

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

orange juche posted:

Logging back into the goon forums again after a couple years, I forgot that I had an awesome quote from Six_TwentyFour in my sig, that insane markov bot almost seemed sentient sometimes. RIP Six_TwentyFour

"(3:55:32 PM) Six_TwentyFour: I posted my fleets kinda sweet.
(3:55:42 PM) Six_TwentyFour: but you know who cares.
(3:56:40 PM) Six_TwentyFour: a fleeting though on what is real.
(3:56:55 PM) Six_TwentyFour: do you understand,
(3:57:10 PM) Six_TwentyFour: just this one second.
(3:57:30 PM) Six_TwentyFour: you can never live it again.
(3:57:32 PM) Six_TwentyFour left the room."

Pure Poetry. :golfclap:

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Foehammer007 posted:

Wow what a kind enemy

dude you know me from ISRAD. You know just as well as I do as soon as panfam and test either get poo poo on or whatever, they're coming back for snuff.

I wouldn't say at all that snuff and goons are enemies. it's realpolitik.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Just saw the e-mail for the horn. I've been eyeballing EVE again for a little while, but this might make me return. All my poo poo (read: not much, never really graduated from newbee Blackbird status for fleet ops outside of Miniluv ops) is still in Deklein.

Is it worth returning considering that? Are we still semi-space rich that even a newbee can be helpful? Hopefully the old 2011 SIGs are still a thing.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

jaffyjaffy posted:

Just saw the e-mail for the horn. I've been eyeballing EVE again for a little while, but this might make me return. All my poo poo (read: not much, never really graduated from newbee Blackbird status for fleet ops outside of Miniluv ops) is still in Deklein.

Is it worth returning considering that? Are we still semi-space rich that even a newbee can be helpful? Hopefully the old 2011 SIGs are still a thing.

Your stuff is most likely in Asset Safety in low sec now. if you do resub and that's the case, you can either ask for help to move it down in delve or you can just firesell your stuff and buy things anew once in delve. And yeah, newbies can always be helpful, even on an alpha clone.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I dumped my isk ages ago into one of the charity events so I'm about broke but I have a 4-5yo character who can fly a lot of big poo poo. Last time I tried to get into goonfleet proper some loving idiot auth person decided to flag me for accidentally scratching a goon while blasting someone at a gate. IDK if I want to open this can of worms again but sounds like I won't have to join some hanger on alliance this time?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
just apply and see how it goes, just be open and honest about everything and if they say "no" i guess you didn't lose much time anyway.

it doesn't take that long, and game worth it

if they say no and you would never play again anyway you can always dump ur poo poo on some new goon

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
If you have cans of stuff and are concerned you wont get to use them or the isk is gone or whatever and that might bum you out some I can offer you the following advice:

If the poo poo isn't in delve, let it rot. Reacquiring poo poo is stupid easy. Deal with the cans later. Its just not worth fretting over. :getin: and get on comms you'll get acclimated fast enough and the assets will sort themselves out at some point. It just doesnt have to be now.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
if they let globby back in you'll probably be accepted

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Which one of your caused this

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

NGC773 posted:

Which one of your caused this

:10bux: it’s a J4G

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So umm, ccp turned my cool carrier into a boring capital logi. What the hell ccp.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Is it a Ninazu now? :v:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Wibla posted:

Minokawa :(

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Sickening posted:

So umm, ccp turned my cool carrier into a boring capital logi. What the hell ccp.

MMO brain rot “balancing is our priority” design in action. Your carrier was fit for spacepriest at the turnover so clearly you wanted a spacepriest. Ignoring that most carriers not used for ratting had full combat and priest fits between their hangers and slots.

Goondolences.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
u just got goon'd

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Anias posted:

MMO brain rot “balancing is our priority” design in action. Your carrier was fit for spacepriest at the turnover so clearly you wanted a spacepriest. Ignoring that most carriers not used for ratting had full combat and priest fits between their hangers and slots.

Goondolences.

Not only did they take my carrier away, it appears they made having a cyno alt much harder and more expensive to have. Jump fatigue as well? I guess I am just going to try to sell this dumb thing because there is no way I am going to spend a week jumping this fucker across all of eve.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
mittani please contact me i didn't get the spam mail

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Wibla posted:

What are the "good" faxes?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

vyst posted:

I miss having the auth tools so i could see who you people are

Hi Friend.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

Apostle, Minokawa - and the Lif (for a more specialized, bling-fitted use case).

The Ninazu is poo poo.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Wibla posted:

Apostle, Minokawa - and the Lif (for a more specialized, bling-fitted use case).

The Ninazu is poo poo.

I love my Ninazu it makes a great suitcase

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Do we apply in-game to add a second character to goonfleet or...?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

I love my Ninazu it makes a great suitcase

Wibla is like the bomb squad, he goes around blowing up dumb people’s suitcases

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

OptimusWang posted:

Do we apply in-game to add a second character to goonfleet or...?

If the first one is in, and all your characters appear on the auth page, then yes. That’s what I’ve been doing.

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006
I know this is a mistake but just sent my info to get my goonfleet dot com account reactivated.

Is there a better program than jeveassets for figuring out where I left all of my poo poo now that it has been flung across the galaxy through asset protection?

Also, how screwed am I if I hypothetically had expensive ships logged out in space in Deklein?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

Caldari and Amarr for other caps and supers, minmatar for subcap kitchen sinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

NJ Deac posted:

Also, how screwed am I if I hypothetically had expensive ships logged out in space in Deklein?

not at all, ignore them and just come back to get them if you're still playing in a month.